TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Stats:

Major: 1st) Econ 2nd)Business
ACT: 24
SAT:1150
Applied: August 5th—received Waitlist, Waitlist/Blinn Team, Blinn Team only option on 1/18/21 and chose Blinn Team only option, received 6 tabs for BLINN TEAM 1/29/21 :slight_smile:

160 volunteer hours, has held a job the last 1 1/2 years working 20 hrs/week, 4 years band, trumpet section leader, loading crew leader, 1st chair trumpet, NHS, DC and AP classes, very strong essay and recommendation letters

We are so excited. Really didn’t think there was a chance with the low ACT/SAT scores.

5 Likes

Non-Engineering. Still nothing. Continuing to wait…

1 Like

Engineering. No change this morning. I guess we’ll move on to the next plan :pensive:

Official congrats to the blinn academy decisions today. I hate to say I told you so, lol… but I am glad I was right last night. I will say that I have never heard of the major changing on manage application tab BEFORE there being 6 tabs though. That’s exciting and nerve wracking because now checking howdy all day makes sense.

1 Like

Seems like it unless others are getting in and simply not posting about it.

My son got it as well

3 Likes

6 tabs for blinn engineering lets gooooo

6 Likes

He Industrial Distribution. Your concern doesn’t really have anything to do with if he is Academy or not. Engineering Academy students are full time students and treated as such. All freshman are considered General Engineering until they apply for ETAM. They get 3 choices. If they don’t make it into the major they want then they are offered whatever is available. Hopefully your son will make good grades and have several options! Good luck!:slight_smile:

1 Like

No 6 tabs for us :frowning: Political Science

No change at all. Engineering major. Anyone else with the same status quo?

1 Like

Yep, no change. Seems like the people who got 6 tabs this morning had already been offered either the waitlist/team options for non-engineering or to pick from Blinn academy, Galveston and Mcallen if engineering majors.

2 Likes

No change either. Engineering first and second choice.

No changes ): But I was not even offered Blinn yet. Do you know if that is a good thing or a bad thing because I just want them to offer me Blinn early if they are not going to give me full so that I don’t miss that amazing opportunity.

I’m in the same boat. I’m hoping this was just the first wave of the academy options, and I believe someone even said yesterday that they were still doing full admissions too. It looked like a lot of people who just got the blinn academy offer were close to the top 10, I’m sure they’re moving down the list.

1 Like

Yes same with my son. No blinn or any other offer either.

1 Like

Same here.

1 Like

I just got 6 tabs this morning for blinn! @AggieMomhelp you are a wizard !

6 Likes

Congrats to those who got their 6 tabs!

1 Like

So we have to wait for AIS to update before we can sign up for NSC and housing, right?

You might be able to get into the housing portal through Howdy right now. It doesn’t hurt to try. But for NSC signup, you will be given that option once AIS updates. Congratulations!