TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

My son got the 6 tabs this morning!

5 Likes

Is this the link?

https://oncampusaggies.tamu.edu/

When I hit login, it just spits out a login error. Want to make sure I’m looking in the right spot.

Or while in Howdy, goto student life and then on campus housing. If you still get an error, it must mean AIS needs to update

This quote below if from Cadetmom21 She was unable to post it and asked me to…

Apparently I’m not able to make more than 3 replies since I’m a new user. Can you post this to that thread “Spoke to admissions and they say they will continue rolling out admits for Engineering. Also, they have not received anything saying Engineering is full.”

Is this just one of those things they say, even if engineering is full? Or do we think this is legit?

Thank you for posting the message.

My son got his 6 tabs this morning for TEAM/Blinn Engineering! He got the 3 choices Wednesday (two days ago) and selected Blinn, so pretty quick process. We’re thrilled! I don’t see any downside to this. Thanks @AggieMomhelp for all the helpful info and encouragement throughout this process. Best to all who are waiting for decisions, glad to hear they are still notifying full admits.

10 Likes

Does anyone know if I can make it into blinn TEAM for Mays? i have a 3.5 uw top 25%, 1250 SAT, many extracurriculars and volunteer etc, showed interest in my major. About 13 AP classes throughout highschool the rest were all advanced, football team 4 years, track 3. Just not sure how hard it is to get into TEAM for Mays, anyone know if this is a possibility for me? I guess I can always transfer from blinn to mays but I understand that’s somewhat difficult.

OOh, I hope you get TEAM for Mays, that would be outstanding. Your stats are okay, not stand out, but I would say on par with most.

Team is a possibility but I like your back up plan of just hitting Blinn for your Mays requirements to apply. BE SURE if you take this route that you follow the pathway to Mays. You’ll need a almost perfect 4.0 GPA for transfer. What discipline under business are your wanting? This may give me an idea on a route for you.

1 Like

Do you mind sharing stats? Were you auto admit.

Finance. If I need to go down the transfer route I am planning on taking some of the Blinn courses over the summer and the rest in the fall. That way i can apply for fall 2022 Mays, because you have to finish the required courses before even applying to mays. I want to be at tamu ASAP lol. Do you think this is a good plan? I really think I can get a 4.0.

Congrats guys!

I’m so glad you said finance. So here’s a back up plan to your back up plan.

If you apply to Mays first choice then put second choice as Ag Business or econ or something relevant. That way, you’ll at least get into TAMU.

If you don’t get Mays but get in another major, you then apply to the MS finance program. It’s for non finance majors. You do it concurrently with undergrad then I beleive it’s about a year after bachelors. You can start as early as sophomore year up to senior year. It’s a great program and many students that wanted finance do it instead of just the BBA in Finance.

Here’s the link. Happy planning!!!
https://mays.tamu.edu/ms-finance/accelerated-admissions/

3 Likes

I just called A&M and they said that there is another round of decisions coming mid February.

9 Likes

Hoping For The Best For Everyone!

2 Likes

Wow thank you! I am somewhat dead set on finance, it’s always been something I’ve loved. So I don’t know if I’m going to change majors. Still want to transfer though!

For engineering or non-engineering applicants?

Oh I hear you, just saying the MS in Finance is a great route in case you don’t get into Mays as a transfer. It’s a masters… in Finance… and it only adds a year to your studies. We looked into this for my son when he was in Econ. He soon realized math was not his strong suit lol… Now he’s in Mays, Mgmt pre Law and has a minor in Econ.

All this to say, many many options and stay open minded.

2 Likes

My daughter got into Blinn-TEAM today. She never got the email about the 3 options, but I know she checked she would consider that when she applied.

4 Likes

If I checked “not sure at this time” for the other options, does that mean I won’t get offered TEAM?