TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

My daughter’s AIS said she was accepted into Blinn-TEAM this morning, but the 6 tabs showed up in Howdy on Thursday and it showed her major had changed to TEAM and BAC-TEAM. Based on that, I would guess your AIS will update tomorrow.

1 Like

@pmtaytay that is exactly how it went down with us, so you will likely hear very soon!

So exciting! My daughters stats are similar but her gpa was 3.85.
She had to turn in a portfolio for scholarships she been offered at other schools.
TAMU is her 1st choice though. Thank you for posting the stats!

1 Like

My daughter corrected me. Her gpa is 3.95.

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

Does anyone know the courses that are taken at Blinn through Engineering Academy?

1 Like

I got my 6 tabs about 2 days ago and my AIS hasn’t changed yet. For my friends it took about 2 days so I’m hoping it’ll update today for me so I can figure out my dorms.

I could be wrong but I believe you take all engineering classes at A&M and all others are done at Blinn, up until you get put into your major after the first year.

Forgive me but I can’t remember who asked about “what if my son does engineering academy at blinn but then decides to change major”. I just read that they can change to blinn Team (another major) if they are in good standing. This is awesome info and I learn something new everyday. It also said that you have up to 2 years to complete academy but that you can transition after meeting requirements.

Good stuff. And yes you take 3-6 credits on Tamu campus in engineering courses. Math and science are at blinn. Here’s a great link for all things academy. I’ll go grab the link and post it here.

My son (choose engineering at Blinn Rellis) woke up to the six tabs yesterday morning, but no change to AIS yet. Do things get updated over the weekend or just on business days?

It can update over the weekend. Once those 6 tabs are showing, AIS can take a day or two or three or more to change BUT it always does!

1 Like

May I ask a silly question? I have been reading the discussions for a long time, and I kept reading that students who got offered option to Blinn Engineering. Since the students choosing this option has exactly the same status as (taking the same classes and going through the same ETAM processes etc) just like the students at the main campus in College Station. Students in Bryan Campus may even choose on-campus housing. To me this is flat a much better choice than directly admitted to the Engineering school at CS, because the tuition is much, much cheaper at Blinn College. Why do people not take this as a better choice? In the other word, can a student admitted to the College Station enjoy the Blinn option, like choosing class at Blinn and enjoy the fractional tuition offered? I know this maybe a dumb question, but nevertheless…

1 Like

We got 6 tabs on Howdy 2 days before notification of acceptance on AIS.

Does anyone know where I can find more info on TAMU engineering @blinn besides their website? I couldn’t find any videos on YouTube describing the day to day life of an engineering Blinn student.

honestly man, this was my exact thought process a day or two after originally being bummed that I got blinn and not full engineering and I just felt too stupid to ask the same question lol

my parents are paying a flat amount for college and I’m loaning the rest so I couldn’t be happier with this option it’s literally the best of both worlds

3 Likes

Yes!!! You are so spot on!!! It is cheaper. It is a great program. And yes if someone was a full time Aggie they too can take classes at Blinn. There are restrictions on what you can take, but as a freshman it’s pretty wide open.

And if you know anything about Bryan/college station , you’ll know the commute is a non issue.

Congrats!

Thank you AggieMomhelp. CollegeStation and Bryan are basically the same place. I used to be a graduate student at TAMU 20 years ago, and shared a cheap rental house in Bryan (on the College Main Street). Riding a bike it took about only 7 minutes to the office on campus.

So is it legal for a student on full admission to register and take class at Blinn, just like those admitted to the Blinn program? That would be awfully good option, and then, why do people go crazy about full admission, and think Blinn as alternative solution? By all means the Blinn program is a better option for Engineering school in my opinion.

My son is now a junior at Tamu. Been there from the beginning. Spring semester sophomore year he took 6 hours at blinn and 6 at Tamu. Not an issue. Many students do several classes throughout their time at Tamu, at Blinn. No stigmas here. Everyone is just doing their best to live their life. And saving money is always fun.

Exactly what I am thinking! Can you share the info how to register at Blinn? My son is admitted at regular Engineering. How can he register classes at Blinn? Maybe not all classes are at Blinn, but 6-8 hours of classes will be substantial amount to be saved. From TAMU standpoint, do they allow their students to only take 6-8 hours at main campus, and still count them as full time student? Does my son need to apply admission at Blinn at Bryan specifically?

Thank you AggieMomhelp! It is truly good information.

Ooh so first caveat… if there’s financial aid or scholarship money… you have to check those requirements.

My son was not considered full time at Tamu with 6 credits. You have to have 12 for full time. It didn’t affect us, but could affect other things that I may not be aware of in other situations.

To apply to blinn separately, you go to apply Texas and apply directly. Usually takes 24 hours for reply. It’s quick. Then you’ll wait til open enrollment based on their requirements. Then you go register through their site. You don’t need a blinn advisor. For instance in the spring, my son took acct 229 and speech. When my daughter was a senior, she took her final history course(she hates history) in an online 8 week course. When semester is over, you request blinn transcript to be sent to Tamu.