TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Have you heard anything about Liberal Arts/Communications College? I feel like this forum has mostly provided updates on Engineering, which has still been helpful to learn of the process, but just holding out hope for a full offer, Blinn or Gateway for my daughter.

2 Likes

Hi! I agree. A lot of engineering discussion but in between there’s been other majors.

Sadly this forum doesn’t have a good spread amongst majors but all gateway offers come out at once. So if that holds true, then that is done and full.

We’ve seen some team offers but not a lot. In January, we didn’t see a “wave” like we normally do on here. I would love to say I believe another one is coming, but I am second guessing myself this cycle.

Last year we did see (in April) some that were given team got changed to full and waitlist peeps for full admit as well. I didn’t hear of any psa decisions being reversed though.

All that to say, keep hope until a decision is given. It’s a new year, new cycle and old pandemic.

3 Likes

would you mind sharing your daughter’s major and stats for the president’s endowed scholarship?

So that means the Liberal Arts College is full??

My second choice major is Economic, Liberals Art. GPA is 3.52.

I hope not, but who knows. My daughter is also Review Liberal Arts. We r going this weekend to visit one of her other 2nd choice schools. Although, for her, PSA might still be in the running as she likes the A&M degree plan so much.

I don’t know. I heard psyc was full. I feel like we haven’t seen many LA majors on here or really any majors besides eng and mays. Just a handful of intel on other majors.

Hoping we get some admits this week.

What’s your rank? ECs? Test scores?

From a friend who works at TAMU…it was Engineering, Mays and Architecture. They could be totally wrong, but who knows.

55,000 total applicants this year at TAMU. That makes my head spin!

Rang: 150 out of 530
Top 27%
No Test
Lots of extra curricular activities
NHS
LEO club
Tennis
BPA
Science Olympiad
And more.
I think my essay was very good, I’ve spend so much time on it.
Two letters of Recommendations
First generation ( I don’t know if that makes a difference)
I’m very hopeless at this point. All my friends got in and one got waitlisted

I’m curious - does everyone’s AIS have their chosen major and campus location in a chart above the “Your application is complete and in review.”
We just can’t remember if that has always been there or if it is new.

My daughter’s has always said English and College Station.

1 Like

Yes, it’s always been there. My son’s still says BUAD-College Station and that his app is in review.

1 Like

Yes, ours says the same.

1 Like

Ours is the same. That box was added to ours AIS last Thursday and nothing has changed since then.

1 Like

Okay thanks everyone! Was hoping it was a glimmer of hope but to no avail. :joy: So we wait.

Not sure if this helps anyone or not - I just talked to a really sweet lady in admissions. Explained to her that we are still in review for engineering and the header says that we are in review for a January decision. She told me that all first round decisions went out in January and that the second round of decisions will be going out mid-February. She said that they are no where near being finished sending out decisions and also indicated that engineering is not full. So - I hope that she is as knowledgeable as she sounded - meanwhile - we will just be over here holding our breath for a couple more weeks! A&M is first choice - but also awaiting UTA decision. She is in at UNT and Texas Tech so at least she has some options - I swear - I am more concerned about this than she is!

8 Likes

Yeah, Architecture is an extremely small group and fills up quickly. I don’t think we’ve seen many colleges in general other than Mays & Engineering on this thread… not in comparison of what’s out there.

My psych resource says they thought they were full about a month ago.

I just called also since I thought January Review for Engineering meant decision at end of January. haha! They said engineering wasn’t full and they are still reviewing applications. They said look for a decision by the end of MARCH.

1 Like

when you say first round decisions were out in January and 2nd round in mid-february, are you referring to only engineering?? Or all TAMU decisions? Just curious since we are not engineering like 90% of the people on this board. LOL

2 Likes