TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@stephlcb My son has the 6 tbs as well as the other icons. He also has the Library account with a 0 balance. Good luck to your son!

Congratulations to your son!!! Did he have these icons prior to the 6 tabs by chance?

Yes, he had them, but I do not know when they showed up. I had not delved too far into them to see when things like the library account was set up. I thought I was thorough on looking at every nook and cranny, but you out did me there!

My daughter went snooping today in her profile and found under her Profile that they have her listed as being Fall of 2021 at the College Station campus, her unofficial transcript is populated with her requested major and her degree progress has her dual credit/enrollment class total populated.

I really did think they were going to notify today based on the last few years. But if I have learned anything the last 6 months, a lot of things aren’t normal this year and patience is is a requirement.

It looks like the Housing has changed tonight and says you can apply on 9/18/2020, we must be getting close to official acceptance for auto admits!?

My daughter has those tabs at the top (Academic, Study, Writing Center, Library, Class Search) and I am pretty sure they have been there since the beginning. She was also able to see her library account with a 0.00 balance but beside her name it is listed as affiliate. She has been under review since 8/5 and had her application submitted 8/1 but is OOS so not an academic admit. She also did not apply for one of the top majors (Forensics) and she is listed as Top 10% in AIS, has a 4.0 UW and tons of extra-cirriculars but she also knows getting in as OOS will be hard. She checks HOWDY every single day and nothing changes as we expected. But hey, anything is possible in this crazy year. She did get her acceptance to Texas Tech last week which was a little exciting for her, apparently Tech has auto acceptance for all Top 10% students, even OOS, but she has only ever wanted to be an Aggie so she waits, and wait, and waits for that dang 6 tabs.

False alarm, it is for Spring 2021 housing and She still can’t get in to apply for housing. She doesn’t see the $0 in the library. Back to “patiently” waiting?

Just out of curiosity I tried the housing site this morning and kept getting an error. It wouldn’t take me into the portal. The website did say Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 housing opened today though so who knows.

@Rmj724 I am having the same probablem. However, there was a tweet that went out that said, “Housing application OPENS Friday, Sept. 18 for SPRING '21 and FALL '21 admitted students.”

I assume that since our group has not been admitted yet, that it is not letting them in.

Has anyone had any success with either getting officially accepted or logging in to apply for housing? Just want to make sure that I am just not doing something wrong.

I really thought they’d notify by this weekend. We are 2 weeks into having the 6 tabs without an official acceptance. Wonder what the hold up is?

FYI -
Tabs 1-3: Home, Applicant, My Record
Tabs 4-6: My Finances, Student Life, My Howdy

We have had 6 tabs for longer than 2 weeks and still “complete and in review” so I feel your pain. Nothing new on our end—still can’t get into housing portal. Fingers crossed this week it happens!!

Apply Texas question regarding parent income. It is my understanding that if parents are divorced public schools only look at custodial parents info. And only the custodial parent fills out the fasfa. On the apply Texas app it asks for both parents income, so does the noncustodial parents income need to be included.

Thanks

AggieMomHelp said a couple of days ago that they have seen acceptances announced on Tuesdays and Fridays… here’s to hoping we are in the final 2 days of waiting!!! Not sure why they gave us 6 tabs so long ago… it would have been kinder to wait! I feel like I have made checking the AIS a full-time job!

@tmclanton Same here except housing. My kiddo is handling checking AIS when it fits his schedule. I keep going in and trying the housing system to see if I can get in to apply and pay the deposit. Last year people were able to do that hours before AIS listed them accepted. When he told me Friday night that Howdy was going to be down Saturday for an update, I just knew it would be after then.

Side note- I mentioned last week that a friend whose daughter is not auto admit had the six tabs. She checked yesterday and was down to 3. She FaceTimed me last week to help her find the tabs and they absolutely matched my sons tabs. She checked last night and was back down to 3. She doesn’t know when it changed and is wondering if it happened after the Howdy update. I saw the screens both times on FaceTime so I know she just didn’t get lost or confused. Not being an auto admit, I wouldn’t have expected her to have had the 6 tabs but I wonder what glitch it might have been.

Housing application is open!!!

@tmclanton Did it allow you pay?

Thank you so much for posting this! My son was able to go in, complete phase 1 and pay the deposit! Still no acceptance notification! He has had 6 tabs for weeks and it said that he was eligible for permanent housing for 21/22 year.

Ok, I was able to pay now. Microsoft Edge wasn’t working, but Chrome worked. I called to ask and they told me he was showing as admitted so it should go through… so it was nice to hear the verbal confirmation!

Not sure it will hold true but according to the 2024 thread from last year, they were able to access housing in the morning and then their acceptance was in AIS late afternoon the same day. So here’s hoping