TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

i think that there was a miscommunication. i applied for scholarships and financial aid and am a prospective freshman trying to access my financial aid offer through howdy. the site has been down for days saying that it will be back up in 24 hours. i believe we are talking about different portals but thank you for your help!

I know. I’m hoping that’s the last possible date and it will be mid-february. She needs to be able to move on.

2 Likes

@Futur3aggiehope Mays was most likely filled in October, with auto admits. I don’t think a 1250 SAT will get you into Mays.
Only 100 transfers a year are admitted into Mays, very specific classes have to be taken, you’ll need a 4.0, and no more than 60 total hours. You can Google to path to transfer.

Just to confirm, if you’re top 10% and get your application in early (e.g., by September 1), you’ll get into Mays regardless of your test score? I have a relative in an average east Texas high school that’s in the top 10% and hasn’t taken the SAT but wants to major in finance.

Top 10% is admitted, but not necessarily to Mays. Mays is highly competitive.

I wouldn’t say that, I have a couple of friends who were top 6% and 8%. The top 6% had a 1210 SAT the 8% had a 1280.

Yes I agree, this is why I am holding out for Blinn team, or maybe just doing Blinn for a year. Will have to take summer classes.

1 Like

Thanks, what kind of extra review does Mays conduct for top 10%? They have rolling admissions and fill up in October so want to advise the mom on what to work on.

It is my understanding that if you are applying early, that being in top 10% and applying early is the most important. I have heard it is first come, first serve. So, if you have auto admit and apply early, you have a good chance of being admitted.

2 Likes

Definitely look at the Mays website. Far more applicants than spots, so apply early. Mays is normally filled by October, with auto admits.

1 Like

Will there be any more blinn team offers coming? Also, @AggieMomhelp , would there be a chance I get offered Blinn team for my 2nd option (Econ) and if so, do you think I should take that option and transfer into Mays later or just go straight blinn and start with business. Thank you for all your help!

Dang, I got Capped from UT Austin .I applied to Tamu before Ut but got a decision before. What is tamu still doing? If I don’t get into Tamu do you think I should take the CAP offer or go to UTD.

1 Like

My son got CAP’d from UT as well. C’mon TAMU, hurry up and let us know so that we can move on and start making plans! If he doesn’t get his second choice major/full admit or Blinn Team then he’ll be at Tech or UTD.

3 Likes

I believe I read way up in the thread somewhere that you are considered an OOS student if you attend high school elsewhere. Could someone shed some light on this for me? Did you have to choose OOS on your application, or is that just determined during review? I’m an Army Brat and chose to attend boarding school for 8-12 grade in order to allow me more stability during my high school years. However, my parents retained their Texas residency throughout their time in the service since that was their original home of record and where they retired to this year. Because of this, I chose resident on my application.

Like many, I’m still showing as under review and haven’t heard anything back. I have well written essays, good recc’s, tons of volunteer experience ranging from local to three summers teaching in Africa, held a full time job last summer, and am an RA in my dorm in addition to Varsity sports. However, I’m 2nd quartile (HS doesn’t rank) and have no test scores (yikes). I’m beginning to lose hope here but thought just maybe being classified OOS might be something helpful??? Also, I’m shooting for Telecommunications.

Any insight is appreciated! I want nothing more than to on the Quad as a member of the Corp. Congrats to all who have gotten great news!

What’s a cap offer

My son just checked and he has been offered CAP as well. Never heard of this before. Is this a good thing?

CAP at UT stands for Coordinated Admissions Program. You attend freshman year at another UT system school (Arlington, San Antonio, El Paso etc but NOT Dallas) and then you’re guaranteed transfer to UT Austin but ONLY to a major in the College of Liberal Arts. If you want to major in anything outside of COLA you have to apply as a external transfer, so it’s a very tricky situation. For business or engineering majors, CAP is not a viable option as it’s near impossible to transfer into McCombs or Cockerall.

UT San Antonio & UT Arlington are the most popular CAP choices and fill up spots in SECONDS of the CAP window.

3 Likes

Oh ok thank you. My son applied for engineering major.

1 Like

So this is their way of saying rejected? They offer CAP for all?

CAP is UT’s system school program; it’s PSA at A&M.
You don’t get into UT Austin, but are offered to go to UT Tyler, UTSA, other UT system schools.
For sure UT flat out rejects many.

3 Likes