TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

No, UT rejects a lot of students as well.

2 Likes

No, they’ll give straight up rejections as well. My son had some friends tonight get straight out rejected, no offer for CAP.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information. So now we are left with just waiting for TAMU. Since I believe CAP might not be best for engineering majors.

1 Like

Same here
TTU or UTD

Same dilemma. My son applied to TAMu before UT.

1 Like

Mays does not review freshman candidates for admissions, no worries. Top 10% with a early application will get Mays. They cannot not take top 10 and Mays is usually open til October.

1 Like

Hey, this is misleading. Mays doesn’t look at anything. It’s just top 10 and Early bird gets the worm. They have talked about doing a review process like engineering, but that hasn’t happened yet.

If you are too 10 and apply aug/sept, you will get Mays.

Just got capped as well. Now waiting for TAMU, hopefully it’ll all be worth it for all of us

Any Education Majors here? My daughter was admitted to TAMU Department of Education - very excited. I think I’m more nervous then she is. I feel like there is so much we need to do in the next couple of months. Anyone know when any of her advisors will contact her?

1 Like

Tamu advisors will not contact them. They will meet at the New student conference in the summer.

Apply for housing and nsc dates.

1 Like

We are Texas residents but our daughter attended high school OOS. She was considered an OOS applicant and was waitlisted last week. She was also offered the option of being considered for Blinn, which she accepted. Now more waiting…

2 Likes

@TamuDad15 During NSC (new student conference), D will register for fall classes. To prepare ahead of time, she can look at the degree plan (courses required to graduate) for her major. The plans for fall of 2021 may not be finalized till April, but it doesn’t hurt to look at the plans now since they typically don’t change much. Google something like “Tamu education degree plan 2021” to see the plan.

If she has taken AB or IB or Dual Credit, she can see if any of these classes will go towards her plan. For example, you can google “Tamu AP” to see the AP list. Yes, lots to learn - a little every day! Congratulations!

2 Likes

Thanks for this @CollegeYaYa , and congratulations to your daughter! Can you tell me if she specified whether she was a resident or an OOS student on her application, or did they just classify her as such? I feel like I designated myself as a resident when I applied but can’t remember because it’s been so long. It may not even matter, but I’m just curious. Also, is she engineering or non-engineering? Thanks!

Thanks :slight_smile: I can’t remember either. She would have definitely selected the Texas state resident option if they asked on the application.

Another Texas CAP here as well. Not sure it’s a good idea for engineering. What’s the point of offering this to engineering majors if it’s unlikely they will be allowed to transferred in?

1 Like

Day four - still nothing in AIS.

same here

yup same

Apparently you can go into Howdy and click on the My Profile option under Home. Under both the Student Information section the Curriculum, Hours, & GPA section you can see your degree program. It should show you in at Blinn for Fall 2021. The My Profile section may also ask you to select a tuition plan (fixed or variable). If that’s there, it sure seems like you’ve been accepted.

Correction - Student Information section will say Fall 2021, and Curriculum, Hours, & GPA should say Blinn.