TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

For all those that recently saw the 6-tabs in Howdy for TEAB, you might want to check AIS now. Ours finally updated:

Congratulations …
You’ve been admitted to Texas A&M Engineering at Blinn!
Welcome to Aggieland!

5 Likes

Bio and I have a 3.6 weighted GPA in one of the most competitive schools in the state

I also got a 1390 on the SAT

1 Like

So other than signing up for NSC and housing, what are the things to sign up for ASAP?

I don’t think Fish Camp signup is available until May.

Does anyone know if there is a thread on CC for engineering at Blinn applicants?

What was your unweighted? I know a friend who got in he had a 3.6 unweighted, he was bio also. He was also an eagle scout though so that might have helped him. We both go to an IB school which is also relatively competitive, he was top 12% though.

im not sure bc my school doesn’t do unweighted, but it’s probably around like a 3.3

Yea I don’t know, I guess you can hope for Blinn TEAM. But I’m not sure that you’ll be accepted with a 3.3 if that’s what it is. If you are dead set on Tamu then you can do something like what I might do if I don’t get accepted. If I don’t get TEAM, then I plan on going to Blinn next year and applying next spring for fall 2022, I am
a business major so I will have to take some courses over the summer but I am fine with that. Here are the requirements https://web-as.tamu.edu/ecardimages/publications/2019TCS/SCI19-Biology.pdf . You may need to take some summer classes also, but you can do those online if need be. Make a plan just in case you don’t get admitted so you have something protecting your fall. Try and transfer in as a sophmore.

1 Like

Housing phase 1 (be sure you see the part where it says phase 1 complete AND you get an email)

NSC registration. With this, book hotel or student housing. There are lots of great hotels here in Aggieland. And restaurants. OMG some really great ones.

Fish camp will be May ish.

Parking will be late spring as well, but won’t know what you get til July (unless you’re white creek. Then it’s set parking). Freshmen get the worst parking tho, so don’t fret about it lol.

Dining dollars/meal plan can be done in August

If you want student health insurance it’s done in august as well.

That’s really all I can think of.

4 Likes

This is very helpful. Thank you.

1 Like

It took over 24 hours for my son’s to update after changing to 6 tabs, but it did let us sign up for housing! You might go ahead and try.

1 Like

Just called admissions and they said late March to receive an admissions decision

1 Like

We were discussing this on another thread. They had 50,000 Freshmen applicants this year due to optional SAT/ACT scores. It’s going to be a long wait (and we’ll probably have another plan by then).

My son hasn’t registered for NSC yet. Do we have any idea if it will be online or in person this year?

Yes, this is what was expected. We’re going to see some more come out in waves though I believe throughout the coming months.

Howdy! I see tons of Engineering question on this thread, but I applied as an Education Major in early October. I am anxiously waiting and want to be an Aggie so bad! Is anyone else an Education major, or have any insight on when those decisions would be coming out? Im not really sure how TAMU’s admission process goes. I check AIS multiple times a day and after reading this WHOLE thread I have started checking my Howdy too. @AggieMomhelp you are a big help thanks for helping us class of '25 out :smile:

2 Likes

When do we apply for financial aid and actually get a package so we know what the costs are going to be? I know at the other colleges they have sent packages outlining everything. We filled out FAFSA in October.

I called admissions and all he could tell me was more will come out through March, Mays is full, & they “over book/fill” majors but don’t have wait lists knowing that some admission offers won’t be accepted.

I called last week and they said march 1st for me! The lady also said it was good to have not heard yet… so a little bit of hope for those who have not heard back!

7 Likes

This is the only hopeful news in 2 weeks. Thanks for the update.

1 Like