TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

What major?

My AIS says University Studies, but I put Education (Elementary)

They are hoping to be in person and dates are set as such with the caveat it could change to virtual.

@nansterdam All majors have been given out, but engineering is the bulk so far (at least on this thread). We are all hoping another wave is to come for non engineering/Mays majors Plus more TEAM (non engineering major for Blinn/TAMU) decisions. But we have no way of really knowing.
@wish85 If you have already been accepted, you should already have access to apply. If someone else has a current answer for this, please let us know!

1 Like

When did you apply? and are you engineering?

I applied August 5th, and no, first choice business second choice communication

1 Like

Ok, thanks. So any idea how long it takes once we apply? Just trying to compare costs to the other 2 schools. Thanks!!

That is encouraging.

My daughter was admitted an English major - she applied Aug 3rd and heard back Mid Nov. It was brutal, she had heard back from all the other schools and TAMU last when it was her #1 choice.

Was she auto?

I have no idea. I’m sorry.

Hi! Sorry this is my first time using this website, I couldn’t figure out how to create a new message, but I need help!

I applied August 1st at 12:01am (the minute that the application opened) and I still have not heard anything back. I have been feeling very discouraged ever since I found out multiple classmates that applied months after me received a decision. I will put my stats below and see if you guys think I have a chance. This thread has helped a lot, and I have a good feeling that I will hear something mid feb :slight_smile:

NOT an auto admit
High School GPA: 3.8
Community college credit: 39
Community college GPA: 3.9
Major applied for: Biology
Not many extracurr. but I have lots of work experience and I am a Registered Dental Assistant at 17 and working part time with HS and college

Let me know if you need any additional info to help me. I feel like I wrote a great essay, and I got good letters of recc. (not even sure if they read those lol)

Thank you guys for what yall do on this thread- it is so helpful and encouraging!

Is your unweighted 3.8 or does your highschool do weighted? Also, where are you getting all these credits from? Are you trying to graduate early from HS? Why did you take community college classes? All questions so I can get a better idea of where you stand.

Are you home schooled? That’s a lot of college credit and work experience.

Great job on the 3.9 in college and your job in a field that stands out.

Had you asked us back in October I would have said you have a great shot. Now, I’m not sure how many spots are left. I think you are competitive and will come out on top regardless of where you start after high school.

If you don’t get in, Be careful on getting too many credits because transfers have maximum credit limits. You should be able to apply for summer 2022 should you not get in this year. Please keep us posted!!

I am not homeschooled, those are all credits that I earned since freshman year. I took so many because I was originally wanting to earn my associate degree at the same time that I graduated, but I stopped specifically at 39 credits because you are not eligible for TEAM if you have over 40 credits, and I wanted to have that option. I am just so confused why it is taking so long, I feel like I did everything right. And I applied SO early, you know?
btw- I chose the online school option that was provided this year for COVID that way I could work “office hours” at my dental office

2 Likes

it is 3.8 out of 4.0. I am not homeschooled, those are all credits that I earned since freshman year. I took so many because I was originally wanting to earn my associate degree at the same time that I graduated, but I stopped specifically at 39 credits because you are not eligible for TEAM if you have over 40 credits, and I wanted to have that option. I am just so confused why it is taking so long, I feel like I did everything right. And I applied SO early, you know?
btw- I chose the online school option that was provided this year for COVID that way I could work “office hours” at my dental office

@AggieMomhelp I have wanted to be a dentist since I was 7 years old, and I definitely incorporated that story in my essay. With a holistic review (especially with SAT scores being waived this year) do you think that they are reading every essay? I was really counting on that to be able to explain my lack of sports/ intruments, etc.

If you applied at August & haven’t received a reply yet, I’d try contacting admissions. I applied in October and got a reply a couple of weeks later. You seem like a strong candidate & there’s no reason why you’d have to wait this long, honestly. Nothing on AIS?

edit: though i did apply engineering EA which might be why

That is interesting, I would’ve figured a 3.8 would definitely get you in and you have shown interest in your major, from what I understand biology isn’t CRAZY competitive at TAMU. I know someone with a 3.7 who got into biology which is also very strange. Full admittance. I wouldn’t stress though, there is always blinn team or even just transferring for 2022. Out of your control right now. Just prepare with plans B and C just in case. Try contacting the admissions office because this is very strange. I know kids with lower GPAs than yours who got in months ago.

Right?? I call admissions every week and it’s just college kids sitting in their dorms and they tell me that I can still hear back until late march and blah blah. It was today that I started emailing random A&M email addresses that I could find on the admissions websites. And I scheduled a virtual meeting for next Wednesday. For 6 months now I have been trying to convince myself that this is normal but I am starting to think it’s not. And I am wondering, what if I did something wrong and it’s just been wrong this whole time… But I have had all green check marks and “under review” since mid-august

1 Like

Jeez, that sucks. Best of luck on your virtual meeting next week; I’m sure A&M will pull through for you.