TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I will be in contact with people this week, hopefully. My plan B is to just go to Blinn and get the last 20 credits for my associate degree and then apply to transfer to A&M. I am actually moving to CTSAT on feb 28th and starting a new job there march 1st, whether I am admitted or not.

I hope so! Thank you :slight_smile:

very odd. hoping for the best for you! i would definitely suggest reaching out to admissions and making sure a mistake or oversight hasn’t been made. my application to UTD was the same way. i called admissions several times and was told that i would hear back within the next several weeks, that covid was slowing things down, that they had taken winter break, etc. i finally emailed with my stats and asked for a specific status update and was admitted in under a day. sometimes you just have to stay on it!

They definitely read the essays. They are very transparent in what they take into account. Essays, ECs and LOR make up a significant part of the algorithm they use.

Do you know where you fell in the top quarter?

This helps, I will hopefully get there soon! It’s so hard to say to them “I promise, my case is different, I am special!” because they hear it all day, you know? I will keep you guys updated though

1 Like

I love that you said tu. I imagine most on this thread won’t know what you are talking about. Gig 'em!

They do not have the ranks updated, but I fell closer to 25%. It could have been near 30% actually

Listen worse comes worse, you can always file for an appeal if some of your stats or information was wrong on your transcript or SRAR etc. After that they’ll consider you and if there was a decision changing mistake, you will most likely be admitted. Don’t stress about no need to, just control what you can control. I myself have been creating different plans in case Tamu does not go through for me.

2 Likes

How were you about 30% and had a 3.8 unweighted? Are you sure it’s out of 4.0. That doesn’t make much sense to me.

No, she was not Auto

I can see how it would make sense how @maybeaggie has a 3.8 UW and near 30%. My D has almost the same stats and near the same rank percentile at her large competitive high school. Being in the 1st quartile here means having a 4.0, 2nd quartile having a 3.9 - 3.7 and lower ranks having 3.6 or less.

1 Like

My son’s application still is “in review”. He submitted his app the beginning of October. Is there a way for him to submit his mid-year grades? Do you think that would be helpful?

Does anyone know if blinnteam engineer admits still get the A&M banner?

1 Like

My daughter only selected a first choice major. She is waitlisted (w/consideration for Blinn). Do you think selecting a second choice major would improve her chances of admission?

@CollegeYaYa unless student is auto admit & applied early, I think it’s definitely putting all your eggs in 1 basket, to only list 1 major.

1 Like

No, they do not take mid year grades :frowning:

I believe they do, but not PSA but @AggieMomhelp will know for sure :slight_smile:

A 4.0 UW GPA at our school means you have a 97-100 in every class regardless of rigor. Getting a 96 in a class results in a 3.8 for the class. Is that what people mean when they say they have a 4.0 UW? Or is an 89 deemed to be a 3.0 and a 90 and above a 4.0?

I think it is the latter.

1 Like

I’ll have my daughter call the admissions office tomorrow to see if she can add a second choice major. Her first choice major is Nutrition and I’m sure she’ll want to select Biology as a second choice major. I know biology is a very popular major, and I’m not sure that’ll increase her chances of admission. It’s worth a shot.