TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

For those of you who got your 6 tabs, help the rest of us out.

1. What was your major?
  2. Did you already have to choose between Blinn Team/Waitlist etc.

This will help people like ME who are trying not to stress out for my kiddo. :smiley:

6 Likes

He applied 9/14/2020. He was not given option to choose Blinn Team/Waitlist. This is the first change in his portal since he applied last September. Has been radio silence until this change. 1st choice Major - Business, 2nd choice Economics.

Howdy portal isn’t let him in housing yet, but keep checking to jump on that when it does.

3 Likes

Awesome. Congrats on Blinn Team!!

Blinn Team means he’ll take classes at Blinn and TAMU. He’ll follow the Blinn Team pathway to Business. It won’t be easy and he’ll have to work hard to then fully transfer (change his major) to Business school. I think he’ll need a 3.8. I’m looking at it now. But it’s doable with hard work and he’s considered a full Aggie.

They definitely get a banner!!! :grinning:
And Physixmom is correct that PSA students do not.

Has anyone’s change major button gone away?

I’m exhausted… lots of posts this morning to catch up on! Some movement on TEAM with no prior option is a good sign. That means there should be more coming. Congrats to those that got this decision today.

@mgm1001001 What specific questions do you have? You don’t want to accept any AP credit until you speak with TAMU advisor. Blinn classes will be your core, math and science. TAMU class will be engineering classes (you can take 6 credits total at TAMU per semester). Blinn hours are unlimited.

@jba003 My son in law graduated ME from Tech. Had a ton of great offers upon graduation. Great program. ME at TAMU isn’t as strict on GPA requirements as some others. if looking at transfer info minimums. ME just seems to be a popular one.

2 Likes

@LonghornAggieMom he needs to shoot for a 4.0 to transfer into Mays. So excited for your son! :+1:t3:

1 Like

Are you sure it says university studies or interdiscplinary? Seems odd that it changed. Was it your second choice and did it just change or has it been like that?

Do you think there will be more Blinn TEAM acceptances coming? I’m also Mays major.

Any College of Ag admissions or Animal Science admits yet? My sweet girl is on pins and needles.

I don’t know, but I’m hoping. The only ones before today were those that got the option to choose between waitlist and team. So those that got team without the option is new and obviously based on this thread, we are only seeing one so would think there are more to give.

Here’s hoping, anyway!

Here too! Good luck!

Yes, I hope so too. I have similar stats as the person who got Blinn TEAM. His GPA was about .08 higher than mine.

2 Likes

I’m hoping my daughter gets accepted as well as she has similar stats.

Is it the “I’m going to be an aggie” banner or the “I’m the newest, loudest & proudest member” banner if you don’t mind me asking? lol

What major is she?

It says University Studies. I’m not sure why because I put interdisciplinary. My second choice was Marketing. It has always been like that. My plan was to just see if I got accepted or TEAM and then to change it.

@AggieMomhelp
Just called the Admissions office and they said that University Studies is an Education major under the specific School of Education and Human Development.

They also told me that the decisions will be out by the end of this month!

2 Likes

And do you have any idea what the time frame is to mail them out after AIS changes ?