TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

My son was admitted to Poultry Science. Wishing you good news soon!

3 Likes

CONGRATS!! When applied/when accepted?

Thank-you! He applied mid August and was accepted Oct 20.

1 Like

@AggieMomhelp Mainly if there is flexibility on the math & science courses my son would take at Blinn. If he gets a 4 or 5 on his AP Calc exam, would he still have to repeat the courses at Blinn (maybe not a bad idea), or would he take Calc 3. I understand all students have to take the A&M Math Placement Exam regardless of AP scores. He is also wanting to know about non-Math/Science AP credits. Will he get credit at A&M for those exams. The last question he had was if the classes at Blinn Rellis were specifically for TEAB students or if they’re part of a general Blinn program.

Thanks for taking so much time helping people out, by the way.

Hello, Does anyone have any helpful admission information for Construction Science majors? My son applied October 12th and we are still waiting for a response…trying to be patient :slight_smile: He also selected Corps of Cadets because he would like to be in the band.

Still over here waiting in Review Land with zero change in AIS or Howdy lol…hoping something happens this week!

Congrats to everyone on Blinn Team!

4 Likes

They will probably want him to take Calc again and for sure it wouldn’t be a bad idea, especially if he crushes it. TAMU will take AP credit but you have until senior year to accept them, which is why I’m saying hold off so you have course options and for math/science, build a strong foundation.

Rellis houses many types of majors from many tamu sytem universities and blinn. Not just engineering. Blinn Bryan is only junior college classes and all types of students (tamu and blinn and all majors).

Not sure if you can speak with someone yet, or if they will push y’all back to NSC to have these discussions!

Great job on getting TEAB. Congrats!

2 Likes

Everyone gets the same banner. So not sure what it will say this year!

Us too! What major have you guys applied for?

I think it’s been averaging about 2 weeks.

1 Like

Same here…applied back in early Sept. Nothing so far. No changes…still in Review Land, still have ability to change major if I want, still 3 tabs. Just got capped at UT. Back up it Texas Tech. We’ll see.

3 Likes

Just wanted to drop a quick line before running out the door…6 TABS TODAY!!! My D got Blinn (which we were hoping for, the more we learned). First major was Mays, but is now listed as General Studies Blinn Team (not exactly sure what that means), with second choice still listed as Modern Languages.

Best of luck to all who are still waiting! Hang in there. It’s a bit like childbirth…you sorta forget how painful the process was once you finally get to the end. :grinning:

8 Likes

Does anyone know if we could change our 2nd choice major without having to change our 1st choice? I’m still waiting to hear on my 1st choice and my 2nd choice is mays which is a no go lol. Just trying to see if i can get a better chance

1 Like

Was everyone that go Blinn today majoring in Business?

the scholarship and financial aid portal states that it should be up by february 3 at 12 pm ct. apparently not, yikes!

Rollercoaster of emotions. I was elated to see my son had 6 tabs! Yay! Then I went to his AIS and found it to say: Blinn TEAM GS BAC. I’m so dissapointed. I haven’t even mentioned for him to go check his account bc I’m trying to get a handle on my own emotions about it.
He applied as a homeschooled student with a 4.0 (unweighted). Now I know some parents just give their students all As - but he took all of his courses online through an outside teacher/provider. He will also have 33 dual credit hours when this semester ends. He has 1 US History CLEP as well. They ranked him in the top quarter.
It’s hard as a homeschool parent bc I know for a fact that had he been in public school he would have been in the top 10% and auto admitted. So, I’m sad that being homeschooled is still a disadvantage despite working hard, as a parent, to make sure he has a better education than public school can offer.
Okay…now that I whined about that a bit…
He applied as a construction science major. When he graduates HS he will only be lacking 4 courses to meet the PSA and transfer requirements. I’m confused by the GS and BAC. I’m assuming the GS is general studies and the BAC…I have no clue. Can anyone help me out. Also, tell me a bit about TEAM and advantages/disadvantages…as he has already been accepted into the Honors college of another university.

1 Like

No. A construction science major here.

Whoop, Congrats.

For those wondering, her DD did not have the option for team or watilist or both. SO… that means there are still those TEAM only offers out there. They take about 4k a year.

See @95aghopes425, I told you, lol. Just because you don’t get to choose between the 3 offers doesn’t mean you won’t get one! So happy for your Daughter!!

1 Like

I’d be interested in your reply to my previous post since you said you now were hoping for Blinn Team.

I would be elated if my child got Blinn Team. You get the best of both worlds while paying LESS for college. Not to mention the classes are sometimes taught by the same profs but at different campuses. They get the whole Aggie experience.

Is there a better option if you really want all of those online hours to count?

4 Likes