TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Blinn Team is an outstanding program and from what I can tell, your son will probably end up just doing a straight transfer application after his first semester since he has a lot of credits as you stated. He will be taking 2 classes at TAMU (BAC is Blinn at College Station, I believe) and 2 - 3 classes at Blinn campus (or even Rellis perhaps).

He’s considered a full blown Aggie. He can live on campus, be in the Corps, Do Greek Life, participate in clubs on tamu campus, have a meal plan, parking pass, etc. etc. etc. Access to every resource of TAMu but will pay less money.

Many students (I’d say more than half but it’s a guess), do not complete the 2 year program and just apply straight transfer as soon as they can. And they get in! So they benefit from being an Aggie as a freshman, then they transfer. It’s a no brainer in my mind.

And I know you needed the rant, and I get it, but I believe they give homeschool kiddos a fair assessment generally. Not saying your kiddo isn’t above that, just saying being home schooled isn’t frowned upon or dinged. I mean aren’t they all homeschooled now due to covid… jk. Congrats on this awesome offer. There are many that covet this and are feeling envious, so please be sure you keep that in mind. It’s a great offer.

2 Likes

While I agree it’s a great offer, be sure you realize they don’t have the same profs generally at both campuses. Just correcting this for the sake of transparency.

1 Like

If you’re able to change your 2nd choice, I don’t think it would hurt you. What’s the first choice?

you and me both, I’m on AIS every hour or so. I cannot even get my regular job accomplished.

2 Likes

Oh, Financial Aid, where art thou?

2 Likes

Saaaame. And idk if it updates during the day, but I ain’t risking it :joy:

1 Like

Oceanography in geoscience, thinking of changing my 2nd from mays to meteorology

1 Like

Does anyone have any info on tamu FIVL program? Specifically number of spots they have and if it’s a competitive program? I wasn’t finding much, only that it’s a great program. D was accepted to TTU but their program is 6 years, whereas tamu is BS

Thanks for the information. Do you know what GS and BAC mean? I’m guessing General studies but have no idea what BAC is.

I’m sure they give homeschooled students a fair shake - I was just meaning that we don’t get the top 10% auto admit advantage at A&M. Tech does allow homeschooled students to submit paperwork that will allow them to fall under the auto admit rule.

My son was just accepted via the Gateway program with very similar circumstances.

3 Likes

1st choice Mays
2nd choice Econ

1 Like

My son got 6 tabs this morning and his major changed from Oceanography to Blinn team. It still says he is in review on AIS. 4.5 weighted gpa, lots of AP and 6a All American athlete.
I’m not sure I understand if that means he is still in review for Blinn team but it’s progress because we have seen nothing until today.
Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

This a good site to play around on. It looks as if Entomology had 623 apply, 268 admitted and 110 enrolled for Fall 2020. Accountability - Applied, Admitted, & Enrolled (tamu.edu)

2 Likes

Sorry I thought I put that. Blinn at college station is my guess. And yes GS is general studies.

It means you got Team and ais hasn’t updated. It’s been taking a couple of days. Congrats!!!

Yep, count your blessings. There are several on here that would trade places with your son in a heartbeat. Good luck!

4 Likes

Hi! I have been following this thread for a while and applied for Mays back in early oct (which I learned now is too late lol). I got the option to chose waitlist, blinn team, or both about two weeks ago but still haven’t heard anything (I chose both). I have pretty good stats (1250 SAT, 6.3 / 6.5 weighted GPA, a lot of APs and extracurriculars with leadership positions, a law firm internship, two great LORS and a good essay that talked about me overcoming a death of a parent). I saw that a bunch of Mays blinn offers came out and I am just getting worried. I really want blinn team currently and was wondering if anyone knows if I should have heard by now or if I should keep waiting? Thank you!

Shouldnt you be auto admit? 6.3 out of 6.5 seems pretty high. What is your rank? Your SAT is low in comparison to your grades but this year I doubt it would have an effect. Early October is not a terrible time stamp. Should have gotten full admission even auto admit.

Okay, a couple more questions. Will he get a banner? I don’t really feel like he can say he “got accepted” to A&M if he takes the TEAM option. I feel like that is being dishonest, but I’m not sure. I mean, I know lots of people who went only to Blinn but they would always tell people they were going to school in College Station. I always found that to be funny bc they didn’t want to admit the Jr college part. I don’t want him to be that person.

1 Like

Thanks! That is interesting!