TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Please don’t overthink it. You aren’t the first to feel this way but I’m telling you they are a full fledged Aggie. They can do everything and I mean everything any other student can do Except take more than 6 hours on campus. That’s it.

People at Tamu and blinn are one and the same. Kids don’t care. Just be a good person. That’s it. Lol

And yes, he will get a banner… you know when?.. because he’s a full fledged Aggie!!! :heart:

6 Likes

No I am not auto due to the fact my school has around 40 valedictorians that all have a perfect gpa. I’m ranked 1st quarter (around top 18%) , more specifically 94/524. I go to a very competitive school but I feel like I should have gotten full admission and am not really sure why I didn’t and do not know exactly what to do about it!!

Yes! I updated that post to include “some,” ala tom herman. :smiley:

1 Like

You don’t have a decision yet. I’m still hoping other offers are coming.

Your sat shouldn’t hurt you this year since it’s test optional. Top 18% is good. Hang in there.

1 Like

Did you check in his application that you would consider Gateway or is it automatic?

@panthertoaggie It’s the “newest, loudest, proudest” banner…S21 got it back in Oct.

1 Like

It’s automatic. Unless it’s changed, I don’t think that’s a question on the app.

My daughter’s says 5 pm. today.

My 2 cents and wishful thinking. Hopefully those given option of Team/Waitlist/Both have a spot on Team but admissions is waiting to see if full admit opens up. Earlier there was a post of someone who selected Both but later went and changed to Team and were given Team shortly thereafter. And yes, I know that the selection page said that you may not receive either and be offered PSA. The only reason we did not select Team is my son’s 1st choice is Mays and it is easier to start out there.

Has any any rejection letters gone out?

My senior was in a similar situation in that she attends a university model school so considered homeschool (which we did homeschool until high school) for applying. Her major is not engineering or business so it might have been an advantage for her, but we did submit her SAT which was strong. All that to say, I do not think they look at homeschooling as a disadvantage, but the SAT may have been a helpful deciding factor. I hope your son will be excited about Blinn Team…it sounds like a wonderful program and we’ve known several students who attended Blinn Team or Blinn for 2 years and it was a great fit and they NEVER felt like they weren’t accepted or a part of all the activities at TAMU.

2 Likes

No, not that we’ve seen on here. Typically the last to go unless they had an incomplete app.

I always thought BAC mean Bachelors degree. Since Blinn Team is your major and then it’s a change of major into Mays Business, Psychology, etc. But who knows!

AggieMomhelp, Am I understanding correctly (my older daughter did Blinn Team 2 years ago and successfully went into Psychology major - but I know Business is harder to achieve the goal), you are Blinn Team - not Blinn Team Business or Blinn Team Psychology, etc. So technically if you don’t hit the GPA mark for Business (3.8 or preferably even closer to 4.0). All is not lost - you could still apply for a change of major into Economics or any other major you might be interested that you meet their requirements. Is that correct? Obviously, you would be following the Pathway to Business so taking more specific courses for it, but just thinking out loud to have a backup plan if my son doesn’t hit the GPA needed for the Business Pathway for Blinn Team…

1 Like

It totally could mean that, lol. Makes sense. I think I was think TEAB (tamu engineering at blinn).

Here is a link to Team admissions. I didn’t realize you could use your TEAM status and transition early if you meet other requirements. That’s a huge plus.

https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM

Here’s the pathway for Mays. Read the fine print… always.
https://tap.tamu.edu/getattachment/Programs/TEAM/Mays-Blinn-TEAM-Pathway-to-Business-PDF-2020-pkd.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

My daughter is still waiting over here…College of Education & Human Development; top quarter; 3.6 UW GPA, tons of leadership, EC’s, and philanthropy; applied end of Sept…any hope??

There better be! Hang in there!!

2 Likes

Okay - he applied for Construction Science, so I’m also trying to figure out if there is a chance once he finished the required courses, he would not be able to get his selected major. He is only missing 4 of the required courses, but he only wants Construction Science.
Also, do you know how long it takes for him to receive some kind of written letter or banner? I am trying to decide if I should ask if he checked his portal lately or if I just wait until something is sent to him. Yes…I know…I’m overthinking. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for your reply. This makes me feel a bit better about it.

1 Like

My understanding when I read about the Blinn team is you basically go in as a Blinn Team and can change your major as needed to accommodate a different major as you go. When you apply to go to A&M full time and leave Blinn team, then you have to pretty much apply for a particular major and have the requirements for that major but it isn’t until you apply for full-time A&M that you have to “declare” the major. Now this is my understanding so I would clarify with advisors.

1 Like

We just got an email that financial awards were posted.

2 Likes