TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Has anyone received an offer that did NOT submit optional test scores?

thank you for calling

1 Like

Still a no for me, but I know some admissions people said that they will be sending out acceptances (probably blinn, idk about full) through the middle of February so I’ll just hold out until then

1 Like

My daughter applied end of September, Education & Human Development, and STILL has not heard anything!

i called admissions last friday and the lady said that they are still fully admitting people! they are also beginning to offer blinn team, gateway, and other overflow options! be on the lookout! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The exact same case with my daughter! TAMU is her dream school and she’s starting to lose hope.

3 Likes

this just happened to me yesterday too! my AIS is still under review but my major changed to Blinn TEAM. hopefully we hear back soon!

Yes, they do! They qualify for the National Scholars award of $42k over 4 years PLUS OOS tuition waiver. Details at Scholarships - National Scholars (tamu.edu)

1 Like

My son applied for construction science 10/12 and we are still waiting as well.

1 Like

Good Lord the rates have gone up significantly in the past couple of years. Wow.

I will say that Modular dorms are better than commons and they cost exactly the same. Modular are HUGE with 2 closets and your own bathroom (for 2 people).

Just my two cents

3 Likes

Most of the off-campus apartments (even on campus I believe) you pay by the room. So they’ll charge more per room if you want fewer people. For example, if you want a 1 person apartment it could cost you around 1000 a month. whereas if you would like a 4 person apartment it could cost you around 600 for each room. Some of these will include utilities and things of that nature.

Ditto for my son! It’s getting incredibly frustrating.

I will confirm this about Modular.

But two benefits of Commons:

1. You have 4 students sharing 1 bathroom. Why is this a benefit? The benefit is having two extra students to hang around with, especially if your potluck roommate is not a great fit for your child (personal experience on this one in Modular).

2. Commons food/gathering area for many students which opens up a faster social network to your child. Versus a hallway with doors (Modular) and a standalone dining hall (Sbisa) which is not necessarily good for meeting people as easily.

1 Like

My DD applied August when apps opened, ranked top quarter with 3.95 gpa & 4.0 gpa 19 dual credits including physics. Still haven’t heard. She was accepted to all other schools that she applied to.
Very happy for those that have been accepted.

3 Likes

My daughter is choosing The Commons for this reason. She understands that modular is a better room, but feels that The Commons will be a better experience.

Same here :frowning:

I have not called. Do you think I should. All my documents are checked off and it says i’m complete and in review

When I applied to OU there was a problem regarding my application that I wasn’t aware of until I called the admissions office, and the lady practically told me that she moved me into an expedited group of candidates that would “receive a decision” (an acceptance lol) at the end of the month. I realize they’re two different schools, but it certainly couldn’t hurt to mention that your application has been unanswered since August. The worst thing they’ll most likely tell you is that they have a lot of applicants and are giving decisions as fast as possible.

1 Like

I spoke with someone who was accepted through review as Political Science recently. I applied for Economics or International Relations and haven’t heard anything yet. I’m planning on calling the admissions office today.

1 Like

Yes!! It never hurts to call and make sure there isn’t a glitch in your application. My friend’s daughter (who is a sophomore now) was frustrated around December, the year she applied, and so her grandfather called to check and found out that admissions had failed to record one of her math grades. She had an offer by the end of the day!