TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Got 6 Tabs, except it’s for Engineering at Galveston and not full admittance.

@Vgopalam that’s a great offer!

1 Like

commons! are great

Where do you guys see these 6 tabs at?

On your Howdy portal. It starts with 3 and when you get accepted, you get 6 (from what I hear).

did you pick that option or did they just give it to you?

I picked it, but then I changed my major to a nonengineering one just to see what happened, and was placed on the waitlist for College Station, but I guess they reverted back to my engineering major.

1 Like

My daughter went to Blinn her first year and lived at Callaway. She never had a problem getting a football ticket. She would get a guest pass from an A&M student and pay them for it.

My son is getting frustrated and considering accepting at Tech because he is missing out on housing, etc. What happens if you do that then change your mind a month later if you find out you got into A&M? Does A&M get an update if an applicant accepts somewhere else?

@Toleho I’d pay the Housing deposit at Tech! If your student gets accepted at A&M, you’ll just lose the Tech housing deposit (but make sure to let them know, if he decides not to go there).
My student put multiple housing deposits down, until a final college decision was made.

What are his stats/intended major?

Oh for sure we’d let them know. I’d hate for him to hold a spot that someone else could have! Thanks for the response.

1 Like

@Toleho you could also be held responsible for paying for the room, if you don’t cancel by a certain date.

1 Like

Ah, that’s good to know too. Just saw the other part of your question above about his stats. He is Psychology first choice Sociology second, 3.8, 1st quarter, 1250 SAT, three years sports.

1 Like

Are you able to see a financial aid portal on your daughters that says “complete and in good academic standing?” I don’t remember seeing this with my daughter who is currently an Aggie. Although, she was admitted 9 days after sending her app for her SAT score which they don’t do anymore. So I may have just not seen it.

@52AG82 that last question above was for you. Sorry, I didn’t tag you… I’m old! Haha!

1 Like

For all you wondering who have been offered Blinn Team
…this is what AIS says when it updates.

Congratulations, Sterling!

You’ve been admitted to Texas A&M-Blinn TEAM!
Welcome to Aggieland.

4 Likes

@Toleho my student is already at A&M, so I can’t help ya on the tabs/AIS…sorry! I’m reading threads for a future kid.
But I wish y’all luck!!

1 Like

What if you’re name isn’t Sterling? jkjk… Thanks for sharing what they should look for!!!

1 Like

Basically the Howdy tab is on your AIS. After you click on “Howdy” tab (I believe it’s the 3rd or 4 tab on AIS) it’ll get you to the Howdy portal, you will either see 3 tabs or 6.

He definitely isn’t missing out on housing. Just apply Phase I as soon as you get acceptance. The priority period is when you file for housing not necessarily when you get accepted. At least that is how it has been. Auto admits may get priority just being auto admits but they have told us that it’s how quickly you apply for housing after acceptance.

I will double check that tho. And no, TAMU has zero way of knowing where your child has accepted, etc.