TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@AggieMomhelp housing selection time is based on time stamp housing application fee is paid. That’s why it’s imperative to pay housing app fee-literally-the minute acceptance is given.
And it doesn’t matter at all what students list/rank during the phases…all boils down to what is available at your selection time.

We just paid the housing deposit at Tech today. The “good dorms” and LLC’s all filled up real fast. They have a dorm availability report on the housing website that is updated daily, it’s pretty helpful.

My son is also getting incredibly frustrated with TAMU. 2 more kids he knows in his senior class who were review admits got full admit this week and he’s still over here waiting hear something…anything.

We’re also headed to Tech on Feb 19 for Admitted Students Day. If by some miracle he gets in to TAMU full admit or Blinn Team, we can cancel the housing contract at Tech by May 1 and get the $400 deposit back (you only lose the $75 app fee). He also has a housing deposit in at UTD, which we did in December.

3 Likes

Can anyone show what a banner look like? My son got accepted in November. He got a plain letter from Engineering college, along with a small something spelled “Aggie Engeer - Class of 25”. I don’t think that is a banner, is it? Other than that, we have not received anything else from A&M.

If you just google “Aggie Admissions banner” in images you will see it. It’s the one that says " Newest, loudest, proudest…"

@utoram2020 if you’re on Aggie Parents FB page, it’s what the students are holding when parents post Acceptance pics-a maroon Tri-fold.

1 Like

Thank you. They definitely changed it with the Phase process the last 2 years. I just spoke with them and you are 100% correct. Time stamp equals better selection time.

Back in the day, lol, it was time stamped based on when you applied after acceptance. My son and a friend had the exact same selection time. Friend accepted in Sept. my son was Dec. Both got their deposits down same day of acceptance. I think that was a good way of doing it.

HOWEVER, Res life said there’s still plenty of applications Phase Is coming in and they continue through the summer so not to worry. YAY!

1 Like

Just for those of you tracking when AIS updates…my D got 6 tabs Yesterday morning, and AIS updated today

3 Likes

Oh, no, we have not seen it in our mail. It should have arrived a long, long time ago. It was either lost in the mail, or …, maybe we threw them away thinking that was junk mail. Was it sent in a big package, or a business-letter like envelop? I guess my son missed one important iconic moment for being a proud Aggie.

It took exactly 1 week for ours! So exciting! Congrats!

1 Like

We did the same with Tech dorms as a back up. They do get cancellations, I was watching the availability report for over a week, and suddenly Monday a bunch, maybe 15 different dorms and suites came available. I snagged an alternate that my daughter preferred, it’s easy to do on their website. Keep in mind, the suites do charge an additional $450 deposit and may not be refundable, so may want to be sure before switching, but they do come available. For now, we continue to hope for admission to TAMU and watch our tabs and make sure our change major button stays put! Good luck to your son!

2 Likes

That’s exactly what we’re doing too!! He still shows Mays as first major, Econ as second…change major button is still there…nothing has changed since he applied in October.

He snagged a room in Stangel, one of the traditional halls at Tech. He would have liked to be in the Business LLC, but that’s in the suite style hall that has the additional deposit, and there aren’t any open there right now anyway. If he does decide on Tech, we’ll keep an eye on the availability report and see if an opening pops up there.

@utoram2020 you may have thrown it away. It either came in a big mailing envelope or oversized/square envelope; ours came about 2 weeks after Portal acceptance.

UPDATE: I got my 6 tabs this morning, I just got home from work right now and checked my AIS and it is official. I have been accepted to Blinn-TEAM!

13 Likes

Were you offered the choices earlier?

sorry, I am not sure what you mean? I just woke up this morning and saw my 6 tabs, and this evening I saw that they offered me admission through blinn TEAM

1 Like

Oh ok. Because some of them got to choose few weeks back. I guess those who chose the team options during application process are directly given

1 Like

Did you choose Galveston? What’s the difference between Galveston and Blinn for engineering majors? My son has also opted for aerospace.

@sainila all freshman are General Engineering. If your student gets offered Galveston, that’s a great option for Engineering majors!

1 Like

Do you still get the “famous banner” if you are accepted to TEAM? And how long does it normally take? I read on here about 2 weeks for one person

Oh ok. Thanks. I am not aware of all these choices. Have to figure them out. There’s so many choices and confusing as well.

1 Like