TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

You do. My senior got their admissions back in Oct. and it took 2 weeks from her tabs turning and the email she received.

You can contact admissions and ask for it to be resent. Our first one never arrived. After a couple of weeks I emailed them and they sent a new one.

2 Likes

@sainila scroll thru this link. It explains the various paths to Engineering -
College Station
Galveston
McAllen
Blinn Bryan
ETAM
And I agree…it is super confusing!
I’m thrilled my daughter chose Mays.
https://engineering.tamu.edu/admissions-and-aid/apply-now.html

1 Like

@52AG82 thanks a lot

1 Like

I see a lot of 3 bed 3 bath condos for $1400 a month. I prefer not to have to share bath… and $1400/3 is $466 (I know I have to pay utilities, wifi, security…) but that still save a lot compared to dorm…

Does anyone know where to find residency status (OOS vs In-State) in the Howdy portal?

Right, most apartments I saw are around the same price, but more like 650 per person per month with all those things included.

Are all the boxes checked green in Documents Required for Admission in the AIS?

What time did the tabs changed? I see most are saying in the am.

What would you recommend? My son got Blinn TEAM General Studies. He applied for construction science (which is a small department, according to the stats only accept 80 total students). I talked to TEAM yesterday and they said there are only two construction science courses students in TEAM are allowed to take and only if there is space for them. My son is only lacking 4 core courses listed on the transfer sheet. From what I was told, even after finishing TEAM, there is a chance you will not be able to get in your chosen major (construction science).
He has been accepted into the Honors college in Construction Science at another university that he is also happy with. He does not have interest in changing majors just to be able to say he graduated from a certain school.
What would you all recommend? Does he take a chance with TEAM and hope he gets to take construction science? Or does he just move on? It seems with these stipulations, TEAM is best for students without a lot of college hours that are transferable.

@cactusrose I’d fly over to the Honors College program! Huge benefits to being in honors-early registration!
Would be nice if you could talk to someone who started out Blinn TEAM and successfully transferred to A&M Construction Science. It would be the total pits to complete the terms/program, then still not get desired major.

4 Likes

I’m with 52AG82. If your son got the desired major in an honors program at another college, that would be far superior to Blinn team general studies with no guarantee of getting into his desired major.

No need to risk him not being able to get into his desired career over a choice of school.

3 Likes

That’s exactly my thoughts. I would hate to encourage him to do TEAM only to find out he had to switch to a field he doesn’t want in order to be “accepted”. After I talked to the TEAM person yesterday, I was a bit confused what the benefit of doing TEAM is unless you are willing to take whatever they give you just to be at A&M.
Also, just an FYI for parents still waiting to hear, when it finally does show up on the AIS portal - it clearly says Welcome to Blinn-TEAM. Then at the bottom mentions aggieland. Definitely makes you feel like a step-child. LOL. It would be so much nicer if they said Welcome to Texas A&M and then mentioned TEAM. Anyway…just my thoughts. I know many would be ecstatic to get TEAM and we would too, if he knew he would get his chosen major. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am so confused. My child does not have many college hours. I thought if she got TEAM and did the classes and got the grades she was guaranteed of the major (English/Psy) she applied for.

From this link (https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM), it says:

Students who complete 45 Blinn and 15 A&M credit hours within the two years, while maintaining academic standards, are guaranteed to transition to full enrollment in a degree-granting major at Texas A&M.

Students who complete the academic requirements transition into degree-granting majors through a change of curriculum process (no external application is required), but entering students are not guaranteed entry to a particular college or major in advance.

So, you are guaranteed entry to A degree-granting major, not YOUR DESIRED degree-granting major.

2 Likes

Wondering, is anyone aware if Tabs ever update over the weekend?

If he’s not dead set on TAMU Consci, then I would definitely take the honors college route in con sci. So many benefits.

With TEAM, you can transition early once you meet requirements. Not saying it’s guaranteed, but I bet the success rate is high. Transferring in is way easier than freshman review admit.

So really… if your son can see himself being happy at the other school, then take it. He can always apply as transfer to TAMU from there if it doesn’t turn out the way he wants. = )

2 Likes

This is not easy for anybody to answer without knowing your son. But here it goes…

Most often the kids that go TEAM are those that desperately want to be Aggies. They are willing to sacrifice short-term for their long-term dream. They will push aside all other offers to get that Aggie ring and diploma. There is no other option in their minds, only secondary options.

If I understand you correctly, this is not your son. Your son’s priority is to be a Construction Science major, and only then does the choice of university come into play.

It is very similar to parents of athletes. Does their child go to Blinn and play football while waiting for acceptance onto the Aggie team? Or does their child go play for a school that has offered them an opportunity to play immediately?

Knowing the personalities of my four kids, I would have three in TEAM and one in the Honors school. You know your child, trust your gut, and then be at peace with your decision.

6 Likes

There are several colleges/majors that do guarantee successful transfer into their major. Mays is one, there are some Ag and Kinesiology majors as well plus some science. Everything else is not guaranteed, but the likelihood of not getting your intended major (which you declare before starting TEAM) is slim. TEAM is a success story. To hit all the transfer requirements while on team, should pretty much guarantee you’ll get your desired major. It would reflect poorly on the program if not. I’m not sure why there aren’t more with guaranteed paths, but I have never met a team person who didn’t get what they wanted.

2 Likes

Hello everyone. I’m an intl applicant ( but considered OOS CA, since I’m a citizen) and I submitted my app on 11/30. My documents were submitted by 12/4 but wasnt marked as completed till 1/21. Still no chnage in status. Any idea when I could expect a decision? Is it usually late for intl applicants. TAMU AND UTD do rolling admissions, but I’ve heard back from colleges that dont do rolling faster than these 2 colleges and I’m getting worried they’ve forgotten to evaluate my app :sob: