TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

My son has the acceptance in AIS!!! Registration for New Student Conference will be in October.

Whoop!

My son got his Howdy!!

My daughter got hers too!! She saw it right before she left for work and it was so nice to see her smile!!

It popped up right before Dad and I were headed in two different directions for brother and sister to flag football and volleyball. Thanks everyone for all the information on this thread

Do they something in the mail for acceptances also?

@Aguadecoco They should get the sign thing that says they are an Aggie. I have not told my son that he has been accepted yet. I am waiting for him to get his sign before I say anything about A&M. I just saw that is University of Ark letter online showed up and I told him. He was like okay. I asked if he wanted to come open it and he just shrugged his shoulders. Now, I know that A&M is his first pick, and he knew he would get accepted to UofA, but I thought maybe he would show a little more enthusiasm for getting an acceptance. He kind of had the same response for the TTU acceptance last week. He better at least smile when he get A&M!

Congrats to everyone who got admitted today!!! Are the kids who got admitted auto or review admits?

My daughter received acceptance as well! (Yes, she is an auto-admit) Congratulations to ALL who received acceptance today! And to those still waiting, you are now one step closer to admission! Whoop!!!

My daughter got hers late this afternoon too. She is an auto admit. She already left for work so she won’t know until later.

Checking to see how many send resumes along with application. The website states states they should only be used if you run out of space. Thanks

@Ladadof3 My son did not send a resume… just the application. Everything he has done fit on the application, so there was no need.

@tmclanton I have not told my son either! He did get his acceptance today though! I want him to get the paper and the letter so he can have the experience. I told him housing opened today and I put a deposit but I don’t think he put it all together. He’s auto-admit and after a visit to the campus he didn’t apply anywhere else. He’ll be thrilled!

@Ladadof3 My son sent one although his activities fit there were some small ones we forgot and he worked at HEB (grocer) since last July (before his jr year) and became “essential” working 30 hours a week while doing online school and getting straight A’s when the pandemic hit in March - just didn’t think the application conveyed that. We did not talk about Covid at all in his essay.

@MizLucyB That is exactly what I am wanting… I am wanting him to get that experience! This is going to sound like a horrible thing to say, and I am trying to stay as neutral as possible, but I almost wish I had not pushed him to apply else where. I have a feeling that other schools are going to be much cheaper after scholarships (I know that TTU will be.) I don’t want cost to be a huge deterrent for him going to his top pick. I am not sure that my husband feels the same way. If I had just stopped pushing after the TAMU app, neither one of them would have a clue on what the price difference will be.

Sadly I know other schools would be less money, which would be awesome, but I can’t take this away from her. She’s worked so hard over the years. Even though she might not get any aid, the cost is still way better than some private schools! The auto merit aid at some schools would be so great!

@Rmj724 I completely agree! I am thinking that those aid packages may get lost in the mail. Lord knows neither one of them will ever check the email or accounts online! (I am completely kidding, but it is tempting!)

Mine got accepted! :smile:

Congrats to all the kiddos who have been accepted so far! My son very much wants to be an Aggie mechanical engineering student, but is not auto so we will be anxiously waiting. Here are his stats…

When did you apply: August 8
Class Rank: 160/1028, Top 16th% of a large, competitive high school
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1530
ACT (with Sub Scores) 33
When did you receive your admission decision: anxiously waiting :slight_smile:
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical Engineering
Weighted GPA - 4.60
Varsity Golfer
Various clubs/volunteering but no leadership positions due to the time demands of golf practices/tournaments

I don’t know how much SAT/ACT will factor in this year so we have no clue what his chances are. Strange year for sure!

@kscm91 Those look like some strong stats! Good luck to your son!!!