TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@Anxiouscollegestuden what were your major choices?
Most students apply August 1, or shortly after, so your application is really late, compared to the majority.
Hopefully you’ll get an answer soon, but it could be March.

I applied to BA and BS psychology

Oh I didnt know that. That could be why my app is delayed

Ours changed to 6 on a Sunday. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Anxiouscollegestuden most likely that is why you haven’t heard-there are literally 10k+ (if not MANY more) that applied much earlier and are are still In Review. Rumor has it, 50,000 - 55,000 applied this year.
I don’t know anything about Psychology. You might Google/use TAMU website, to see how many are normally admitted to that major. There are definitely some majors that are totally full.
I’d also look on TAMU website to see if there is a Psychology pathway via Blinn TEAM, if you are offered that.

Hi,

My son is an international applicant too, submitted on 30th Nov as well. His application too showed as incomplete till couple of weeks back, but he got his admission decision today. So don’t worry, all will be well :+1:

2 Likes

It is my understanding Psych is finished with full admit admissions, but they are still sending out Blinn TEAM and Gateway offers. My daughter was Psych and was offered Blinn TEAM a couple of days ago, so I would not worry there are still offers being made.

Has anyone else heard back from education that was non auto and no test scores? My daughter applied back in September and has still not heard anything back…

Psych is full. Typically it’s better not to select same major for both regardless of BS vs. BA. Hopefully Team offer is coming your way at the minimum!!! Good Luck.

How long does it take for freshman housing to fill up? I am waiting on 2 RD decisions in late march from other schools and I was wondering if I should pay the housing deposit to secure a spot in the freshman dorms.

is Blinn full also?

Congratulations. May I know your major choice

I feel the same way. My son submitted on Nov 27th I think. Instate. I feel they forgot to evaluate too. What major

Thanks! Engineering

Oh how do you know it’s full? Is it posted somewhere?

I was initially going to choose psych and then socio, but I knew I wouldn’t go to TAMU if I got accepted into socio, so just gave it a shot with ba and bs psych :joy:

@euivio if your student has been admitted, pay Housing application deposit NOW! There are always rooms in White Creek, but selection time goes by time stamp Housing app fee is paid. Minus White Creek, everything else will be full. The longer you wait, the farther down you get on the list…
There are no true ‘freshman dorms’, just on campus housing, available to all students (tho the majority are freshmen).
($75 fee is non-refundable)

has anyone heard anything about neuroscience major at TAMU? Im still in review and im pretty scared

It’s the one “in” I have for TAMU. Where I get some intel. Psych fills up typically in January. My “in” said in January she had heard they were already at capacity. So that’s a general statement. That’s not to say that exceptions aren’t made.

Also, we had someone on here a while back state they got their second choice major (their first choice was Psych). So there’s that too.

@Workaholicmom I do not believe Blinn Team is full. They usually take 4000 students. Not all students take that option. In fact it looks like they offer 4k and less than half take it. I do not know if that includes engineering as well though.

2 Likes

not to be a Debbie downer, but this is the most frustrating experience I have come across .

8 Likes

My daughter also applied back in September in Education and Human Development. Nothing. I called admissions this morning and they said we should hear something by the end of the month…

@AggieMomhelp , do you have an in with College of Ag? AnSci or WiFiSci?