TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

No, I only have one in! I really wish they would let me behind the scenes. Think how useful I would be and save them from all the phone calls, lol.

6 Likes

I guess your daughter didn’t apply to UT Austin then. If she had, you might feel differently about A&M’s admissions.

3 Likes

no she didn’t. please enlighten me on UT Austin?

If Psych is full, shouldn’t it drop off my daughter’s AIS as her 2nd choice? She is still in review.

good question @Tuppence22. My AIS still shows Psych as her first choice…hmmm

My son only chose one as well. I don’t know if it hurt his chances, but he wasn’t given the opportunity to waitlist and was only given TEAM. Not sure why. But I know, for my son, he knew for sure what major he wanted and wasn’t willing to take another one. I hope your daughter hears back soon.

1 Like

It won’t drop off until a decision is made. For instance, if you see your 2nd choice major listed as your first choice, then you know you are about to receive a decision and most likely it would be full admit. I don’t think it would change first for TEAM, but I’m not positive on that. I do know the first part for sure though. It happens often, but some won’t notice it til after a decision is made.

Basically once they put you in a major it changes on ais.

1 Like

well that’s good to know.

My daughter’s application was finally completed in Dec. Her SRAS was delayed for some reason. She applied in Oct. She was wait-listed two weeks ago.

What happens if we don’t choose a second major

1 Like

If tamu wants the student, then they will ask them to choose a major that is open.

but why wouldn’t someone choose a 2nd choice major?

1 Like

Same with my son. He did not want to choose a second major.

Second that. I was auto admit in UT but got dumped to UT’s COLA, so A&M here I come.

I know A&M has ETAM but since 81% got their first choice in second year and 91% still get engineering, you can tell A&M did try their best.

1 Like

Thanks for that reply. I’m just going to have to explain it well to him and then let him make the decision. I just wish we knew what the odds were of getting his chosen major once he was done with TEAM.
I think I see things so differently bc I see the short-term being the choice of school and the long-term being the degree field you want to be in. Successful people arise out of every university, so I feel its important for students to choose what they want to study and THEN pick a university that offers it. Just unsure of whether TEAM is really an offer for it or not.

2 Likes

I guess he was sure of his major choice or did not know he should choose. We never knew until this forum that we get in to engineering and then major is given after first year. We are still learning. We thought u are admitted to your choice of major like in most schools

Quick question. Even though I was admitted to CS campus, can I take some electives in Blinn to save $?

I am using my personal savings to attend college so I tried to stretch till Junior year before taking out student loan.

1 Like

I definitely agree it would be a bad reflection on the TEAM program. Hmmm…I just wish he could ask someone who actually had some statistics on the possibility of not getting his chosen major.
Well, he will just make the decision with the info he has. Thanks again. :slight_smile:

I agree as a parent. I told my kids to only choose what they really want to do even if it changes to go with your heart on degree plan not school and I graduated A&M but still believe if it doesn’t offer you the degree you want then it isn’t the right fit.

2 Likes

@sainila your son wants Aerospace, right? I think that’s the 2nd hardest/most difficult to get into, behind Comp Sci. You might check for some stats from the last couple years.

@OKCpatho you can take juco class anywhere, just make sure they will transfer.
Word to the wise…Blinn CC is pricey, and unless you reside permanently in Washington Co/Brenham, you’ll pay hefty out of district fees. If you’re wanting to take classes during the summer, price shop! So many other options around the state, LOTS cheaper.

1 Like