TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Oh. So will that affect his chances of getting admitted?

@sainila shouldn’t, because everyone is admitted General Eng. Just a heads up for your son, since that’s what he has his heart set on. You might Google what gpa is needed for Aero, how many are accepted. It would be good to know, I think.

so the notification I’ve been seeing for weeks about engineering apps in the decision review in january has disappeared… but nothing else has changed in our app status! any other engineering applicants out there noticing any other changes??

Just got off the phone with admissions. They said some decisions won’t be in until March now. She said first they will look at your app and decide whether or not to admit you at all, then they will review you for your first choice to see if there’s room, then second choice. She said if both are full they will offer you general studies. Told me it was a good sign that the app was still in review.

10 Likes

No changes

Oh ok. Will let him know. Thanks a lot and to everyone in this forum. This forum is what is keeping my hopes up

3 Likes

You may want to email the TAMU Blinn Team at: tap-blinnteam@tamu.edu and ask your questions and even ask what is the percentage that are able to transition from Blinn Team specifically to Construction Science. I emailed them with my questions and Dr. Russ Graves, the Director of TEAMS replied and has been very helpful and thorough in his replies.

3 Likes

Absolutely. Students do it all the time. Just make sure if you have scholarships or financial aid that you don’t have too few of classes at Tamu each semester.

Glad they are reiterating what we think is the process. Admit first. Is Major open, second.

1 Like

@OKCpatho This is wisdom from @52AG82. My kids have even taken classes from Western Texas College online to fill in required courses that have nothing to do with their major.

1 Like

@MackAg yes! Western Texas, Wharton CC, SanJac and Odessa & Midland JuCo are usually some of the cheapest. I can’t comprehend why ppl pay the out of district fees for Blinn, for online classes?? HUGE price differences across the state.

1 Like

OK this is a relief. Makes me feel a little more positive. Thank you!

1 Like

Just curious, how does UT drop an auto-admit student? That seems wrong to do, negating the “auto” part.

When a student is auto admit they are admitted to UT, but not their desired major. This year, there were many AA’s that did not receive their first or second choice majors. Since UT has to give them something, they are put in College of Liberal Arts or undeclared undergraduate studies. This does not work for a student that desires a STEM major.

3 Likes

If a student has no scholarship or financial stuff to worry about, does A&M care if the student did not take the full 16 hours required in the degree plan. Does it affect his chance of ETAM at the year-end?

I am curious whether a student can take some the most fundamental classes such as the equivalent of ENGL103 or CHEM107 in the summer at somewhere like a Community College, either due to price (cheaper or maybe to reduce the pressure in fall), would A&M allow it and count it for the degree plan? Would A&M mandate the students to take full of 16 hours per semester?

@utoram2020 you need to join the Aggie Parents of Engineering Students page on FB. They are a wealth of info! They can answer all your questions, give tips, etc.
Fulltime A&M student is 12 hours; flat rate tuition for 12-18 hours.

1 Like

Ah, makes sense!! Thank you. None of my 3 have been interested in UT.

Yes, my son’s changed also. The part about “Freshman Engineering applicants who remain in review have been deferred to the decision review in January” has been removed. All the rest is there. Is that a bad sign?

Looking back at my post, I realize it came off rather salty. I did not mean to diminish your frustration in the college application process. I apologize for that. Instead, I should have responded that I felt the same for my daughter going through the process at UT. They had over 66,000 applications this year and were not transparent about who would hear back and when, besides Feb 1st for Priority applications. They released trickles of acceptances here and there which left a lot of students stressing over what their admissions outcome would be. Reading the CC board was very intense. Many people trying to guess when they would release decisions. Lots of broken hearts when they released the CAP/PACE decisions Feb 1. There were many high stat kids that did not receive a favorable outcome.

4 Likes

My son applied for engineering (CS/ID) in early August. His brother is currently a junior engineering major at A&M. We own a condo there and really need him to be in Cstat with his brother. He only applied to A&M. He is still in review. Should we be worried at this point? His cousin just got offered Blinn Engineering yesterday. On his application he put that he would be willing to do Blinn Engineering. When do they start offering Rellis? Is it after Blinn Engineering is full?

His stats are 3.75/4.0 weighted, good essay, lots of volunteering, sport, work, three dual-credit, some Pre-AP and one AP.