TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

My daughter applied August 3rd to College of Education - she got in around Nov. 15th

1 Like

Thank you very much 52AG82 and AggieMomhelp, for the tips. Reading the degree plan I saw that it listed 16 hours. I thought that the student has to take all 16 hours to satisfy the letter of law. So you said is that, you may take 12 hours if you like. If you plan to take a class outside A&M you need to make sure it is approved by the advisor. The NSC is scheduled on June 3, so we can only register a class at that time? We will think about it. We live in Houston area, likely we will look at an equivalent of ENGLISH if possible.

I thought I applied for the group in “Aggie Parents for Engineering Students”. It turned out to be another one “Aggie Parents”. Haha, it is relevant, and submitted the new application. Hope to be approved.

Thank you both for the tips!!

@utoram2020 the Engineering Parent Page is hidden-not sure why? Join the Aggie Parent Page, then make a post and ask for the link to the Eng page.
I suggest LoneStar over HCC, unless there’s not a LoneStar campus near you. English would be great to get out of the way.
At NSC, he will register for all his A&M classes, go over his AP (if he has any) credits-don’t accept until speaking with Advisor.
I’m not a Eng parent, but it’s super important to find out the one science class that everyone says to definitely take anywhere but A&M.
It’s nice to take a class in the summer, or over WinterMester, that frees up the regular semesters, allowing for less hours to be taken.

My son applied to Construction Science and has not heard back yet.

1 Like

Thank you for this information. My son has applied to Construction Science and we have still not heard anything. On pins and needles, because he has a friend that heard and was accepted back in December. I was hoping he will at least get Blinn Team, but read an earlier response about transferring to the Construction Science major and was confused by what the parent was describing of his son’s situation and Blinn Team. It did not sound encouraging. Hoping if he is offerred Blinn Team that it will work out. But this resource will be helpful. I do have a question, What is TEAMS? Is that Blinn Team?

Do you have any idea if TAMU waits to let some students know because they are waiting for students who were made offers and then declined, so spots open up?

AggieMomhelp,

Do you have any information about Construction Science major? Like how many students they typically take. My son actually chose Univeristy Studies in the College of Architecture as 1st choice and Construction Science as 2nd choice. We are still waiting. Apllication was complete in late October.

Construction science is one of the best at preparing their graduates to get a great job. They’re required to do an internship. Some do it as a semester course. My nephew went to Germany for his (American company). Great experience. There are just over 1000 students total. So it’s not large but it’s not small either. College of arch in general is relatively small.

1 Like

It was probably me that wrote the info about Blinn TEAM and construction science. The last two days my son has been on the phone with both the advisor in CoSci and at TEAM. From what he understood, basically taking TEAM gives you the benefit of having your foot in the door at A&M but does not guarantee you anything in CoSci. There are only two CoSci course you are allowed to take while in TEAM and even then, only allowed if there is adequate space available in the class. Once you finish the TEAM requirements, you apply for your major. If you have the grades, AND they have the space, having completed TEAM gives you a foot in the door to CoSci but not a guaranteed path.
I hope this is helpful. And as many have mentioned the COSci department is relatively small. Someone once posted a link to a place where you could look at the stats of enrollment and filter it down according to your child’s stats. By the time I entered ethnicity, not first year college, in state, male, etc it was down to 30 students.

My daughter got a Blinn Team offer 2 weeks ago. She is Sports Mgt. major under College of Education. She applied in August. I’ve heard that another round of Blinn Team offers might go out mid-February. Good luck!

4 Likes

My daughter applied to College of Education & HR in August and got Blinn Team offer 2 weeks ago. She was non auto and didn’t submit test scores. Heard another round of offers should go out this month. Good luck!

2 Likes

Hi, I haven’t got a decision back from A&M for engineering my 2 major’s are Aerospace and Computer. I applied test optional and my GPA isn’t that good, should I send my AP scores to A&M now or when I get accepted? I’m very confused I applied in November still haven’t heard anything back.

Your AP scores aren’t going to matter at this point. The application deadline has already closed. They’re not going to look at or consider any new supplements at this point. Just be patient and wait it out. Lots of applicants, including my son, who are still in Review.

1 Like

Okay thank you!

@gsfalfguker just know that all freshman are admitted under General Engineering. Selecting aero, mechanical, etc happens during ETAM, end of freshman year-sophomore year.
You might want to research the different pathways to A&M Engineering, in case full acceptance doesn’t happen.

1 Like

Bummer, as I know y’all have been anxiously awaiting that decision. Still, I hope he will choose A&M regardless!!

Thank you! Truth be known, I probably took it harder than him. You don’t want your child to be disappointed.
I am still hoping he chooses Tamu! I just hope he make a decision soon!

4 Likes

Isn’t it funny that we, especially mommas, take things harder than our kids? It’s like I think they know it’ll all be okay but we get in our own heads and feel everyone should see our kids and their potential like we do.

Like I’ve said before, your son has a great head on his shoulders and he will crush whatever he sets out to do in college wherever that is.

5 Likes

My son also sailing in the same boat. Let’s all hope in the coming weeks we will all have happy news to share. All the best.

1 Like

I got admitted to TEAM on Wednesday. Super pumped!!! Question about housing though, does Phase III open for everyone at the same time or a timeslot for everyone finding a roommate? I know Phase II and IV have time slots but I was wonder about Phase III. Thanks!

2 Likes