TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Most are hearing back now thru the next week or so. Some have been offered team and gateway. We don’t know how many more full or alternative pathways are left.

2nd quarter isn’t ideal unless you have high test scores and good ECs and leadership. Start looking at back up schools and other paths to get to Tamu if this is your dream school. There are lots of ways to get in after freshman year.

This isn’t to say you won’t hear, just saying at this stage in the game, it’s always good to have options you’re happy with, researched. Blinn offers an associates in Econ so that could be one option and then transfer to Tamu as sophomore.

Yes there are a lot of applications but not more than usual. The problem is there is no longer academic admits so it opens up more for other well rounded students like yourself. Best of luck and keep us posted.

What do you think my sons odds are of getting offered Engineering at Blinn at this point? He has a 3.75/4.0 weighted (his school doesn’t do class rank).
He had a good essay, lots of volunteering, did a sport, worked a lot, three dual-credit, some Pre-AP and one AP class.

One thing to remember when talking about your high schools that don’t rank. They do rank (usually in quartiles) but the don’t report. That being said, A&M assigns a quartile rank ands pretty accurate. They have school profiles and can generally tell where you stack out. So while you may not want them to know where you stack out (assuming you are outside top 10%) they already know.

1 Like

@AggieMomhelp Thanks for this information. Given all of the info that people will hear as late as March, can you tell me if your most recent post about most people hearing back by next week is new intel from your side? I sure hope it is as I’m anxiously waiting in review and don’t necessarily have the most competitive profile in some areas but am above and beyond in other areas (i.e. 2nd quartile and no test scores but competitive boarding school with lots of global EC leadership-see previous post). Like so many others, time feels as though it is moving backward. :joy:

Also, some have commented on the “no news is good news” business. Can you comment on that at all?

Thank you for facilitating this forum. I’m sure it is time consuming for you, but it’s immensely helpful and much appreciated!

3 Likes

Full disclosure, zero intel. Just every year they say March. It’s typically the 2nd week in February. Like right after Aggieland Saturday. The only thing could push it back is no academic admits. But I feel they’ve done a lot of admissions already.

Those that chose waitlist option, may not hear back til March or even April. And some who guy team last year, were then given full admission around April as well. Not many, but some. And we hadn’t seen that before.

And I always believe no news is good news. As this month rolls along, that hope will dim a bit. I think there’s one more round of something coming out. Then psa and denials.

1 Like

Its a new week, y’all! No matter what happens, you kids are going to be OK! See, back in my day when I applied to A&M, I distinctly remember having to get my application in by March 1st…of my senior year! It was one page with no essay information to be provided.

Name
Address
Class Rank
ACT/SAT Score
Do you want to be in the Corps?

And that was it! Then we had to wait for the MAIL to know if we got in or not. I remember I got a letter at the beginning of May. Applying and getting into Texas was the same. Applying to private schools (I applied to SMU and TCU) was different. They wanted an essay and I remember thing, “this is dumb.” LOL how different things are.

The point of my story is that no matter happens over the next few weeks, its going to be OK. And if you want to be an Aggie, you can be.

Hang in there!

Thanks, and Gig’em!

4 Likes

What rank did Tamu give him? Science and math rigor? And any test scores?

Has anyone heard back from Liberal Arts-Political Science?

No, my daughter applied as a Biology major back in October and we haven’t heard a thing.

Facebook memories reminded me that we were in CStat for Aggieland Saturday this time last year so fingers crossed S21 gets an answer this week!!!

His portal this morning is still unchanged and in Review…womp womp!

3 Likes

I went back and took a quick look from last year. People on waitlist started finding out full admits in mid March and into April!

Psa came out on feb 4th. We haven’t seen any of this year to my knowledge.

More team offers came out mid February last year.

Again, these are 2020 (class of 2024) dates.

I didn’t have time to really deep dive since I’m at work, but if you want to look, search Tamu class of 2024. Then you can jump to feb or March.

And I’m not sure where any full admits non waitlist landed in February. None jumped out at me. So please check that

TAMU ranks him in 1st Quarter. He took PreAP maths/AP Calc AB and regular science. He took his first SAT and ACT in Dec 2019 and scored 1120 (580 in math) and 21 (26 in math). We know now he shouldn’t have sent those scores as those were his first time taking them. The plan was to take a prep class and retake them several times but he never got the chance. They said test scores couldn’t hurt them this year. He suffered from ADHD and isn’t the best test taker (especially English) but learned how to over come it for the most part in class. Please let me know what you think his chances are of getting Eng at Blinn. Still in review as of this morning. Thanks so much for all your advice!!

1 Like

Got those same memories this morning as well. Portal still unchanged. So we shall see!

1 Like

Honestly, I think slim at this point for teab. If he’s set on engineering at Tamu, then apply to blinn Brenham engineering academy or another academy that may be closer to home.

I feel, and it’s just me and my thoughts, that most engineering majors have received some sort of “offer” or option at this point and the only movements we will see is based on those. I pray I’m wrong. Never hurts to have a backup plan though. And then I hope you message me and say hahaha you were totally off base!!! I love being wrong (don’t tell my family).

Where are you guys finding the rankings? Is it only up to a certain percentile?

Thanks for your honesty. That’s what I was afraid of since it’s so late. Do you think going PSA or straight Blinn would have a better chance of transfer after one year? He really wants to live in Cstat with his brother and cousin but I want him to take the best option of transferring in after one year.

on AIS, it will show where tamu ranks the student in their class.

Ah…thank you. I thought that meant something else.

1 Like

Students who are focused have a great chance of transferring from Blinn after completing 24 college graded credits (including dual credit). As long as you follow the transfer course sheet requirements for your major.

With that being said, I think Engineering is harder simply because there are so many Academies, Galveston and McAllen that are already “in the program”. But I don’t have a stat on how many non engineering pathways successfully transfer into Engineering. That would be a fantastic stat to have lol.

2 Likes

Nothing.