TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Thanks! I didn’t realize that page existed. I’ll go check it out!

1 Like

@cactusrose request to join, and the current parents & admins can answer a lot of questions, I bet!

1 Like

Mays business has been closed since the Fall.

As for general engineering gpa… not sure I’m following the question. Do you mean as a transfer or freshman. Rank is more of a factor than gpa since no two schools are alike.

I wish. That would be nice :thinking:

1 Like

I meant the general engineering gpa for freshman I was told by a student at a&m that you have to have at least a 3.25 to get into general engineering for the 1st semester I just want to know if that’s true or not

@gsfalfguker if you’re asking about a high school gpa, to get accepted into A&M and Engineering? I wouldn’t count on a 3.25 to get you in.

yes, high school gpa for the general engineering admission of a 3.25 out of 4.0 minimum I am not really sure if it would be that low I just wanted to make sure. Another question I have is that my school reports unweighted and weighted gpa so do they look at both?

They look at class rank, test scores, extracurriculars, leadership, essay etc.

3.25 is low. Unweighted. All freshman are admitted as general engineering so it’s not easier to get general it’s just all there is.

@gsfalfguker A&M will look at your gpa-weighted and unweighted, class rank, rigor of math classes taken, how many Dual Credit and/or AP classes taken. They will also look at extra curricular activities, leadership positions held, community service, essay, etc. If your school doesn’t rank, A&M will give you a rank (which you should be able to find in your AIS).
What was your 2nd major choice? Applying in November is pretty late; most kids applied in August. 3.25 is low, especially for Engineering.

My school has given me the information that my GPA is 3.7 I’m not sure if it is unweighted or weighted, I also applied test optional, I was in marching band for 4 years, a decent amount of volunteer hours, I was also in a community organization for all 4 years in a leadership position, and held a position for a club at my school are my chances low of getting in?

my first major choice was computer science and second was biomedical engineering, I was in 5 AP classes and 2 Dual Classes

you just said your GPA was a 3.25 out of 4, that would be unweighted. The 3.7 is probably weighted. 3.25 is a bit low for TAMU standards.

I was TOLD that 3.25 our of 4 would be the minimum GPA for engineering I never said that is my GPA and I just wanted to make sure I was not receiving wrong information. My apologies for not clearing that up.

I see. Yea I believe with a 3.25 it would be pretty difficult to get into TAMU at all. A 3.7 is exceptional and could possibly get you in to teab if that is what you’re going for. Go look on AIS, what quartile do you fall under for rank?

It shows I am in the 2nd quartile

2nd quarter hurts you. Did you go test optional? Your ECs are good and leadership helps. If you are math and science ready (calc especially) then it’s possible for an academy offer but not sure how many are left. Meaning no one is sure if there will be another round of TEaB or if the remaining decisions will be those that chose waitlist/teab.

Has there been no movement on Ais or howdy? Check documents and emails. Make sure you haven’t missed anything.

I’m in calculus right now, I’ve done Comp Sci my sophomore year as well ( don’t know if that makes a difference). I don’t know if I’ll be given a offer or not. There is nothing on Howdy or AIS as of right now hopefully something might happen this week, also may I ask what teab is?

Sorry. teab is Tamu engineering academy Blinn. It’s the academy for engineering like Team is for other majors.

Oh! thank you so much, I have also heard about gateway is that a possibility for me?

Gateway came out last month. Someone mentioned they were told more will be coming but I’ve never seen 2 rounds of gateway. They usually only give I think it’s 600 spots for gateway.

With that being said… this is a new year. So anything is possible.