TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

is the ranking that tamu gives you, based off of the people that apply from your school, or is it out of everyone that applies to tamu this year

Your school. They can only compare test scores across all the students. Every school is different so your rank is against your peers.

1 Like

Anyone with kids at TAMU before can share what that Math test (MPE4) is about for CS general engineering? Will getting a good score cause me being placed into a more difficult math class in first semester? Anyone took the test already or planning to take the test?

Thanks!

@OKCpatho unless it has changed-due to Covid-Engineering students take MPE at NSC.

@gsfalfguker Regarding your application gpa, Tamu gets that info from SRAR, and what you put in SRAR should have been based on your HS transcript. In SRAR, you have to specify whether the gpa you are entering is weighted or unweighted. You can always go back to your SRAR to see what you entered.

The top 10% had to submit a transcript to admissions to prove their rank. If you submitted a transcript and you are not top 10%, I don’t know that they will look at your transcript for gpa, etc - they may just assume everything is in SRAR but I’m not sure.

@OKCpatho maybe this will help some

MPE4 Main Page
https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/undergraduate/math-placement-exam/index.html

MPE4 FAQ
https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/undergraduate/math-placement-exam/faq.html

A friend last night got an email at 7:00 p.m…, with full acceptance to UT School of Architecture! So if anyone applied to that, they’re still giving out a few spots. (She’s already gotten full acceptance to A&M, OU, Clemson and Auburn-was making her decision this week…now UT has thrown a curveball…in a good way!)
Every year is crazy, indeed!

2 Likes

Out of curiosity for those of us still waiting, what are your other top two school choices?
Ours are TCU (accepted with scholarship) and SMU (accepted - Rotunda Scholar candidate).

Texas Tech and Colorado State. Her ultimate goal is to be a vet with an emphasis in rehab.

1 Like

Texas Tech or UTD…my son got some merit aid from Tech (we’re going to visit there 2/19)…no merit aid from UTD but he interviewed for the Davidson Management Honors Program there, waiting to here on that. He has also applied for the Scovell Business Leadership Program at Tech.

At this point, he’s only going to get 2nd choice major of Econ, BlinnTeam or PSA from TAMU. He’s already accepted to two Solid business schools. We’re starting to have the conversation about what’s more important: major or being an Aggie in CStat. If he gets Econ or Blinn Team he will try to transfer into Mays, but that’s not guaranteed.

If he gets PSA, then TAMU is out for sure.

It’s his decision, we support whatever he decides!

3 Likes

None. Mine will go straight Blinn if not accepted and transfer in.

1 Like

Texas State or University of Houston

3 Likes

Baylor, Ole Miss, Bama

2 Likes

We won’t be going down the PSA route either.

3 Likes

congrats

What are the disadvantages to PSA? Why is everyone turning it down?

Keep me updated on if you hear anything from Scovell… and I will do the same! I don’t know anyone else that applied.

1 Like

The reason why the child would turn it down are twofold.

1. She’s already in for her major at Tech and Colorado State. PSA doesn’t offer her major.
  2. The PSA schools that are listed aren’t in a big enough metropolitan area for my daughter to be able to get around other than Corpus. She’s legally blind and needs some sort of uber/bus system to get around.

Now, if she was fully independent, we would be all over PSA because she really wants to be an Aggie. I think its a better program than CAP is at tu. It’s good for lots of kids…just not good for mine. :frowning:

4 Likes

March 1st shortlisted candidates will
be notified for interviews…fingers crossed for both our kiddos!!!

If he gets in, then I think he’ll choose Tech regardless of what the TAMU decisions is.