TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@kscm91, we are waiting as well for a Comp Sci Engineering admission. Here are his stats

When did you apply: Sep 7
Class Rank: Non ranking high school, 1st Quarter per SRAR
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1510 (M - 790. CR 720)
When did you receive your admission decision: waiting :slight_smile:
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Computer Science
Weighted GPA - 5.10, UW GPA 3.8
All AP’s and Pre-AP’s in high school
Varsity Sport
Good amount of Volunteering and EC

Those are great stats so I would think his chances are VERY good! Good luck!

Finally finished. My son sent his application last night.
how long does it usually take to get his netid

We had ours the next morning, but it went to spam folder so be sure to check that. Good luck!

Just FYI … but there won’t be admissions for any specific major from College of Engineering. All freshmen are general engineering. They apply for ETAM at the end of first year.

Yes, we did the engineering tour so they explained how that all works. I really like the idea because our kids think they know what they want to do, but a year of general engineering will expose them to different types and they may change their minds. I just hope we get the chance the find out!

@kscm91, when did you do the engineering tour. My understanding is the Department isn’t having on campus tours at this time

@Ladadof3 We did it in the fall. I was being a nag about getting college visits done early, as well as SAT and ACT. I’ve spent the last 6 months saying I told you so lol.

@ATTX, yes I am aware of ETAM, thanks!

Good Morning! Did anyone get the paper acceptance letter yet? My son did see he was accepted when he went to upload a recommendation so the surprise factor is over but I would still like him to get the letter and the banner. PS He screamed with excitement and eventually cried because he was so happy and relieved. :slight_smile:

Yes, my son’s packet with the poster and letter came over the weekend.

@MizLucyB My daughter received hers in the mail Saturday. We live in the DFW area.

My son has not received his yet. We are in the DFW area a well… hopefully today! I was beginning to wonder if you had to officially accept before you get the banner. I have not told my son that he was accepted yet… I am hoping that getting it in the mail will be a little more exciting than the responses he has given to the ones he found out about online. However, with Auto Admit, it kind of takes the suspense out of it. So far, he has not been impressed (Texas Tech and University of Arkansas). But, TAMU is his first choice. I think he won’t be really excited until he gets an acceptance from Mays Business Honors… hopefully that happens!!!

So it seems like the first big batch of auto admit notifications went out last week. Congrats to everyone who has heard back so far! With rolling admissions, does A&M release them on a weekly or regular basis, or is there no rhyme or reason to the schedule? I’m hoping my son hears back soon. He got a 34 on the ACT, is a NMSF (hopefully a finalist, too), and wants to be an engineering major. He applied the first week of August but he wasn’t in the group that got accepted last week. Waiting is so hard!

My daughter finally submitted her application today. She applied for engineering (Biomedical). I think she will be an auto admit (26/763, 3.41%). 4 years Orchestra, 4 years varsity golf, 250+ hrs of volunteering, working on a literature based research project, Multiple clubs at school and leadership positions, will be graduating with an AA from local community college in May 2021, etc.

How long does it usually take to get portal access? Also, how long did it take to get a decision for kids who are auto admits? Thanks!

@Momof0ne She has great stats! I am not sure how long it will take. Those of us that heard all heard at one time, so it is hard to tell how long it is taking. My son applied in the middle of August. I would think a couple of weeks… but that is a complete guess! Good luck to her!

@sapphire33 Is he an auto admit? If not, it is my understanding that they may not release those until January since they get all the auto admits in first to see what space it left. If he is auto admit, he should hear soon. If not, he has some amazing scores and stats, I would think he should get an acceptance!

@tmclanton Thanks! Yes, he is auto admit. Does the delay have anything to do with engineering? Have any of the kids who are already accepted been engineering majors?

@sapphire33 I don’t think that engineering would have anything to do with it. I believe others that are applying to the school of engineering have gotten their acceptance online. They admit to the university before the individual colleges, especially for engineering.

Does he have 6 tabs in AIS? Does he have the all 5 green checks on the documents required for admission? When did he get everything submitted? If he is auto admit, and applied in early August, I can’t imagine why he has not already gotten the acceptance letter in AIS. We are still waiting for the official snail mail copy, but AIS is updated.

@MizLucyB That is so exciting that he was truly excited and emotional about the acceptance! There is a lot of emotions tied up in all of this! So excited for him!