TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

We need more context on what you’re asking. Like did you make a choice between waitlist and team or just asking in general.

Did waitlist for both and yes says PSA will be offered if the first two dont.

My daughter was waitlisted last year and found out she was admitted in Mid April

I bet you get an offer better than psa. Most that I’ve seen with a choice get at least Team. In fact not sure I’ve seen anyone get psa instead.

Fingers crossed I am right! Also you may not hear til March after spring break (they only get a day off so maybe sooner).

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m hearing from current A&M students that the gpa requirement for Engineering students has gone from 3.5 to 3.75 for ETAM (Entry to a Major) for next year’s incoming freshman. Can anyone confirm this?

I understand this to be true. I have not looked recently, but it was difficult to find the actual guidance on the website. I did end up finding a video that explained it. So yes, the new GPA is 3.75.

1 Like

I understand this to be true. I have not looked recently, but it was difficult to find the actual guidance on the website. I did end up finding a video that explained it. So yes, the new GPA is 3.75 for ETAM.

I have not looked for the info on the TAMU website recently (my son is going into Mays). However, this is the video I found in the fall that talks about the new GPA for ETAM. Go to 4:20 on the video.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

I wanted to ask a question about my son’s chances of being accepted. His application was submitted in September and completed at the beginning of November with all supporting documentation. He applied to University Studies in Construction Science in the College of Architecture as first choice and Construction Science second choice. He is from a competitive high school in Houston. He has 3.88 weighted and 3.6 unweighted GPA. He has taken 4 AP classes and taking 4 AP classes now. His test scores were just okay, ACT-26, SAT-1220. He is in the second quarter, was 30% in his class of almost 800 students. He has a great resume, President and then Chairman of a community mens volunteer organization, elected to a spirit organization in school wide election and is the president, varsity baseball player since a Sophomore, won an award from the baseball coaches and selected to represent the baseball program in a school event, other volunteer work in the community. He has also worked three summers and this past summer he worked for a interior design company.
Nothing has changed in his application status, not even his major choice. I know the Univeristy Studies in Construction Science is not a large major and wondering if that will hurt him or is causing more of a delay for a decision. He did have to write a seaprate essay for his application to the major.

Any advice, opinion or information would be helpful and appreciated.

Wow 3.75?! What does this mean for Blinn? Because wasn’t the ETAM GPA through Blinn 3.75 to get your first choice automatically? Or does it stay the same?

I believe it is the same for all engineering majors, regardless if they are full-time at A&M or Blinn Academy!

Submitted in August, review admit, accepted mid October.

I recently filled out my FAFSA and my financial aid portal updated. I was offered loans but I don’t know how much my tuition will be. I’m in Blinn engineering btw. Is there anyway to figure that out.

My daughter received Gateway for Agriculture Economics major. For Gateway, it changed to General Studies. From my understanding (and correct me if I’m wrong), it will change to her initial Major for fall.

Well not necessarily.

So she’ll be General studies and work with an advisor to take courses to change major to ag Econ. As soon as she has met the change of major requirements, she‘ll fill out change of major request. But don’t worry, she will be taking courses on the degree plan of intended major. She will not be behind.

Great information! Thank you!

Just an observation, nothing more.

You would think that a global university would have updated at least one page of their website to confirm his statement of 3.75 GPA for ETAM. At least where I have looked, there is not a single page showing 3.75.

In fact, the ETAM home page still reflects a “cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 after completing required courses for entry to your major, you’re guaranteed a spot in your first-choice major.”

Yet, as my child smugly shared with me, it’s obvious the page has not been updated for the Class of 2025. Can I send him off to college yet?!?!?!?!

My son received a birthday greeting from A&M today. Does that count for something? haha :laughing: App still pending since 10-28

9 Likes

I bet his heart went racing! Happy Birthday to your boy! :birthday:

2 Likes