TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Son got his acceptance letter in snail
mail on Saturday.

My son’s still has not come… not sure what is taking so long. We live in the suburbs of Dallas.

My son has the same story, as a matter of fact, his essay was about his essential worker experience. Did you avoid discussing that because that will be an all to common theme this year? I was torn …

My son’s major changed to “General Engineering” in the AIS this morning!! It used to say “Computer Science”. So exciting since he is a review admit!

EEK!! I just checked again and he has 6 TABS!!!

Housing Application is now complete and ready for Phase II on October 13th! We had been prepared to wait till mid January to get to this point!!

My son’s has also changed to General Engineering from Mechanical, but we don’t have 6 tabs yet. I have a feeling I’ll be checking 10 times a day from now on! He is also a review admit.

@kscm91 , your son’s stats are better than my son’s and your son applied earlier. That is interesting that he doesn’t have the 6 tabs yet. Makes you wonder how they are doing this. Maybe by high schools? cities? alphabetical? I’m sure they will change today or tomorrow! Fun times! Keep us posted when you get those 6 tabs!

@ChillyCow I will for sure! It’s going to be a long few months if we have to wait until Jan/Feb! Congrats on those tabs though because that’s a big deal. As far as stats go, I have no idea how they’re going to do things this year since it’s test optional. His second choice is CO School of Mines so I’m obsessively checking their site as well. Craziness! :slight_smile:

@GigiMayf I’m not sure if you’re talking to me (I mentioned my son working at HEB) but we didn’t do Covid because for the him the game changer in high school was when he got a torn meniscus at district in track his freshman year and basically had to sit out a whole year of sports (then he got mono) and how running defined him and he had to change…in a nutshell. :slight_smile:

Reading the last several posts. My son completed his application last week. States his app is complete and in review. All required docs have green check. So I guess it’s a waiting game now.
Wondering if being out of state makes any difference.

My son’s status didn’t change in AIS, but see 6 tabs in HOWDY and the unofficial transcript says “General Engineering” college station. Application Status in HOWDY says “Under Review”. So confusing :).
Does this mean he is into Engineering? TIA!

@chillycow, @kscm91 , my son’s changed to General Engineering as well in AIS and see 6 tabs in HOWDY, no official acceptance in AIS though. Going through the tabs in HOWDY, I see he is admitted to college station for fall 2021 and General Engineering in degree progress.

We don’t have the tabs, but I was able to complete his housing application (Phase I) through the Howdy portal. It says we can move on to Phase II on Oct 13 at 9:20am. Is every applicant able to do this?

Howdy! Wanted to provide an update for Out-of-State Students. My son has been checking daily! This morning he received all 6 tabs in his Howdy portal and he was able to sign up for housing! His unofficial transcript in the Howdy portal shows he is in Mays business school, like he wanted. The My Applicant tab still shows his app is in review and we have not received any notification in the mail. But it looks like the first round of non-automatic admits just went out late last night or this morning. Gig 'em!!!

Thank you @tmclanton, when you say a couple of weeks, is it for getting the portal access or the actual decision?

@Ladadof3, how long did it take for your son to get his portal access? Thanks!

@Momof0ne I believe it only took a day or 2 for the access to the portal. The decision may take a week or 2. Make sure you look in your junk and clutter… his email to give his access to the portal went to junk.

@kscm91 I don’t believe that every applicant to go through Phase I of the housing process. It will often allow you to do the housing right before you see any indication that they have been admitted. For example, last Tuesday I was able to apply for housing at 6:00 in the morning. That afternoon around 4:00, his application status in AIS changed to accepted. (Disclaimer… I am new to all of this as well, but this is what I have gathered from everything!)

For those accepted Auto Admits who are applying for engineering: Has anyone gotten into “engineering” itself or just the university acceptance? What does the Application Status under Manage Applications say? My son’s says “under review”. I’m wondering if the engineering review admits with 6 tabs will not get the official Whoop Welcome for a few more weeks until the engineering admits come out.

This could be the longest keep secret in my household. My son doesn’t want to know anything until he just gets an acceptance email. He isn’t into all this portal checking! I had to be stealthily and delete all the housing emails from his phone before he woke up this morning so he wouldn’t know anything was up!! My husband just shakes his head and wonders what I’m going to do next year when the nest is empty. LOL

@tmclanton, thank you very much! One more question if you don’t mind. When do they apply for honors? Do you need to wait for admission or do you complete it as soon as you receive your portal access?