TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Applied on 10/31 and got admitted on 11/25.

Honor app. looks at 12th grade fall semester. A&M requested and my HS automatically sent over on 2/5/21

I believe @FriscoDad referred to first year, not just one semester. You take 24 hours first year (minimum), 3.75 allows you to have 6 credit hours of Bs, the rest has to be As.

@OKCpatho which honors program?

@OKCpatho - yes, you are correct. That was my oversight. Thanks!

just pulled my application. have been accepted to Purdue, Penn State, VA Tech, Clemson and NC State Engineering… no desire to wait until some unspecified date in march to find out :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Congrats!

I will also say that its the right thing to do to pull your application. My daughter has done that for the two schools she applied to that she’s not going to attend.

3 Likes

Congratulations!

So which school are you going to attend? My older son is a junior at Purdue Mechanical Eng. When he applies for college 3 years ago, he got the decision from TAMU very first, Purdue and UIUC were very last.
Now in 3 years, my younger one still anxiously waiting for the decision from TAMU.

1 Like

Narrowed down to VA Tech and NC State (which would be in state for us)

5 Likes

Congratulations! Those are all excellent schools.

2 Likes

Hi, could you please let me know how do you pull the application. My daughter is not going to attend TAMU as she hasn’t got anything on her portal yet but has been accepted to other good colleges she applied to.

In AIS, there is a button at the bottom that says, “Cancel/Withdraw Application.” Click there and follow the instructions.

1 Like

There is a ‘withdraw application’ link at the bottom of the status page. Once you click on it, it will walk you through the process.

1 Like

Thanks dear

Thanks,will do that.

Do u mind sharing where she decided to go and her major? Congrats to her!

1 Like

Great schools! Do u mind sharing major…I’m guessing u have in the past, but I am not very good with College Confidential.

1 Like

Engineering. (Industrial)

My D21, also a future IE, applied and was accepted to some of the schools you mentioned. I notice in another post you mention narrowing down your choice to VT and NC State. Would you mind sharing, here or in a message, why you decided against Purdue?

Purdue is a great school for sure. But he decided he didn’t want to go that far away. VT and NC State are both within 3 hr car drive. He’d have to get on a plane every time he came home if he went to Purdue. He’s leaning more towards VT - overall better program. Even tho his dad is an IE from Nc state :grinning:

3 Likes