TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Being from Texas I think those schools rank higher. Congrats!!!

1 Like

Thanks dear. She applied to the schools within Texas only. She got in Baylor,SMU, TCU, UTD and few other good schools. She also got capped for UT Austin. Still waiting for the financial aid package from few schools before making the final decision but TAMU was never her top choice for sure. Better to pull the application to make spot for others. She had applied for Political Science major. All the best to you.

We’re from Texas as well. We haven’t heard back from Texas A&M. My S21 applied a couple of dates after the applications opened. Fortunately, he’s been accepted at VT for engineering. It’s just a shame we’re having to go out of the state. There’s a reason for everything. I’m keeping the faith.

1 Like

Can you share her stats pls? I am waiting for Smu and Tamu. And when did you get notification from SMU?

Maybe this is a glimmer of hope for somebody…

Son’s best friend was accepted into Mays last night after second review of application.

3 Likes

She got the acceptance in Jan 3rd week.

That’s great news! Was the second review done as a request by the applicant?

I went to Baylor years ago and enjoyed it. A friend whose daughter started there a few years ago was taking the ACT test right around the time of graduation. I asked why, since she had already accepted her spot at Baylor. She told me that if she could raise her score by another point her scholarship money would go up. Not sure if this is still how they do it…especially during COVID…but, worth a question/

Was he a review admit or top 10% that originally did not get into Mays because of it being full?

@ctxg2019 @Tuppence22

The friend was a review admit first quarter of class, around Top 20%. Originally accepted into his second choice major back in late December or early January.

Here’s my best understanding of what happened. The school reached out to the student offering him a second review opportunity should he still be interested in Mays. He was required to write an additional essay as part of his second review. About a week later he received notice that he was accepted into Mays.

3 Likes

That’s interesting and awesome! Never heard of it before.

Long time follower…just now posting.
DD applied in early Sept. STILL WAITING and IN REVIEW.
I dunno…at this point I’m assuming she will get a PSA offer.

I’m hoping otherwise of course. I get they will end up where they need to be and it will all work out in the end…but right now, it’s just so frustrating. She did everything right. She applied for Liberal Arts Neuroscience and 2nd choice psychology. 3.68 GPA, NHS, all the other great stuff to go along with it, from a private catholic school in Houston. She was listed in 2nd Q.

We’ll take team blinn or gateway…she’s not interested in PSA and she was capped at UT - also not interested. I’m a UT alum but UT these days is just about impossible. Both TAMU and UT are great schools in their own right. Her back up is Texas Tech, a great school in its own right as well - it’s just so far from us, but she visited and is excited to go there if TAMU doesn’t pan out. I’m more upset than she is really.

I’ll post when we hear. Thanks for listening.

7 Likes

Yes, please keep us posted. So no movement at all on her Howdy portal?

And Tech is a great school. Lots of school pride, good athletics, good academics and I love that campus. It is “far” but my son in law graduated from there and my DD (at tamu at the time of dating), would visit often… and I swear it seemed way closer than it was, lol.

Take care and it’s okay that you’re more upset than she is. It’s what we as parents do. = )

1 Like

I hope I’m not muddying the water more as well as passing along incorrect information. I too had never heard of it, but his mom confirmed the email, essay, and updated AIS standing. Then you got me thinking again so I contacted Admissions.

University Admissions said they are unaware of second reviews for Mays and that I needed to contact Mays. Mays said they do not handle Freshman admissions and had no more information to share concerning any student reviews.

So, there ya go. Now I’m not sure what to think.

No movement at all…still says “Application complete and in review”…change major option is still there too.

In review since early August. 3.78 UW and in the 2Q. 1 choice business 2nd Econ

@MackAg something doesn’t add up.
Have you seen the email? I’ve never heard of an additional essay/review. Is the student maybe another major-AgriBusiness, University Studies with Business emphasis?
I wouldn’t think Admissions and Mays would lie to you. Mays website is very clear about admissions process…
https://mays.tamu.edu/undergraduate-enrollment-plan/

1 Like

Lots of us are in the same boat. And it’s apparent that we really can’t compare to last year since this year is already messed up.

My kid is totally cool with it. I, on the other hand, are like the rest of you parents…just wanting to know so that we can move on.

I am, however, going to start doing for my daughter what my mother did for me…and start buying an extra set of toiletries. She did this so I didn’t have to worry about buying those things for myself for the 1st year of school. Whether she’s in College Station or Lubbock, its really the last thing I want her to be worried about.

We will get through this, y’all!

5 Likes

Yeah, it seems odd now. I was so excited for the kid and to pass along the news. I have not seen the email. I have no reason not to trust the family. I also have no reason not to trust Admissions and Mays, obviously.

He was accepted into his second choice of Economics prior to this. I don’t plan on asking anymore questions to avoid embarrassment if something strange is going on, it’s just not worth it. I’m going to assume they are correct in some way for their situation and wish all the best of luck. Maybe we get lucky and somebody else on here will swing back around to let us know this happened to them as well.

2 Likes

Just curious…I know that if someone applies to engineering as their first choice, they have to provide an additional essay, whereas many other majors do not require an additional essay. Is Mays one of those majors that you have to write an additional essay?

The additional essay part does sound odd.

Perhaps Mays is experiencing more than expected applicants withdrawing their applications or not enough acceptances and feel they are not on track to fill mays so they are going back and making offers they didn’t make before. Just a thought…