TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@tmclanton Thank you for the info! I’m trying not to get my hopes up, but things do seem to be happening. Still no AIS update, but his Howdy unofficial transcript says College of Engineering and I also clicked on the payment portal (I’m clicking on EVERYTHING! Lol) and it shows a student ID I’ve never seen before.

When everyone talks about the 6 tabs, is that on the AIS or in Howdy? I’ve been looking at AIS for tabs to appear…

@kscm91 , look in the Howdy at the top bar

Are AIS and Howdy two different portals? Sorry, I am new to this whole process. So many things to know and keep track of :tired_face:

Okay, I checked Howdy and we do have the 6 tabs. When I click on the Unofficial Transcript (pdf) it says Department: College of Engineering, but everything else still says “under review” so I’m not sure what’s happening. I’ve read in last year’s thread that some students got the 6 tabs when being admitted (before AIS said accepted), but that didn’t mean they were admitted to Engineering specifically so I guess we wait…

@kscm91, by everything else, do you mean in the transcript or in HOWDY?

@ChillyCow,
My daughter is auto admit and applied to Engineering.
AIS was updated last week to accepted and we received paper documents in the mail yesterday.
Today, AIS still says accepted to TAMU, but Major is still pending as Engineering Review.
In Howdy under Manage Your Applications, it says “Application Status: WHOOP! You have been ADMITTED Level : Undergraduate Major: UNEN Program: BAC-UNEN Location: College Station”
I think I answered all your questions. There are so many places to look for status!

UGH! Was just reading this and got so nervous only to find the same. three. tabs. ? My daughter is an OOS review admit and she isn’t applying to Engineering or Mays so I fear that we are in it for the very long excruciating wait. Although I cannot understand the rhyme or reason by making these kids that are not applying to popular majors wait so long to hear, it’s torture and has sort of put a bad light on the application process since she has been accepted to 3 other OOS schools. She submitted her application on Aug 1st and has been in review since the 7th of August. I would like to think with an UW 4.0 GPA and several AP/Honors classes along with a ton of extracurriculars that she will have a shot at getting admitted, but I don’t know to think anymore and fear she will start to lose confidence soon. I just wish that rolling admissions really meant “rolling admissions” and not rolling admissions for some applicants and not others.

Last year for engineering. Under manage your applications change from:
UNEN and BAC-UNEN
To:
ENGE and BAC-ENGE-ME

@ChillyCow Thanks for the heads up! Since they eliminated the academic admit I did not think my son would hear so soon but he too has 6 tabs and his major changed also so thats exciting. I wonder if they are already reviewing the kids that would have been academic admit so not so many are left until next year to do.

@UTmomOfAggies, is it possible to show ENGE and BAC-ENGE-CS directly? My son applied on 9/7 and got his ranking in SRAR on 9/14. See 6 tabs in HOWDY this morning and application status says as below

Application Status: Under Review
Level : Undergraduate
Major: ENGE
Program: BAC-ENGE-CS

His app never showed UNEN and BAC-UNEN. AIS is not updated yet, still says Application in Review. TIA!

@Momof0ne I am not positive. So far, my son has only applied for Business Honors and that was by checking a box about honors on the college application. He is able to apply to university honors now, but I am now sure if he could have accessed that before he was accepted.

@kscm91 , Oh, I didn’t think to look in the transcripts till you mentioned it. It already has all of his community college classes in there! His Fall semester classes are listed for Summer which is a little odd but maybe they had to do it that way logistically.
@texasbluebonnets , thanks for your descriptions! I feel pretty good about everything now since it says Engineering everywhere. Just have to wait for the official word now!

@hope4tamu , hang it there! I thought the same thing about my son and UT Dallas. I made him apply there for a quick safety admit and he still hasn’t heard anything going into 7 weeks now. I’m like, what in the world? I don’t even care about them now that we have TAMU basically in the back pocket. Mays and Engineering are such giants at TAMU that I wonder if they are the squeaky wheels getting all the attention first. I’m sorry you are having to wait to hear. I looked up her stats you posted and I’m guessing they are working through kids with SAT/ACT scores too just to quickly get them out of the way. Kids without scores are probably going to be on the back burner I’m guessing. I don’t know much about her major but I’m guessing it won’t fill up. Please don’t give up on TAMU; it is a fabulous school (I have a sophomore Aggie); and you can’t beat the parental support on the Facebook pages. Especially, if you are out of state, you will be so comforted by all the parental support. There are College Station Aggie moms out there who will bring your daughter chicken soup if she gets sick or help out in any way they can. It is a seriously tight and spirited university especially to be so big.

My daughter has 6 tabs as of this morning! Still shows “in review” on AIS. When does housing show up?
She is a review admit.

@babymomma , go to the bottom of Howdy and see Housing

@ChillyCow So exciting!!! Please keep us posted!!

My son sees 6 tabs today. He is a review admit for Engineering. Under Manage applications shows: ENGE and BAC-ENGE-ME

Hoping he is admitted - AIS not changed yet

For review admits, when did you apply? Low expectations for my son getting in due to overall stats. Our 3rd attempt at SAT just canceled and ACT after 2 cancels not set until mid-Nov so no test scores to offset. He is 147/317 class rank with only a 3.1 GPA and has learning disability. Military moves meant 3 high schools between freshman and sophomore years. Transcript for freshman year really reflects the impact but he has done an amazing job last 2 years. Of course did mention all this on app/essay. TAMU is his dream school for Kinesiology which he has developed such a passion for. I know he would be ecstatic even just to get Blinn Team or PSA option. But in reality based on all other stats I see, this is going to be a long shot.

@tmclanton Yep, all give green checked boxes. It seems another wave of acceptance went out today (I guess Tuesday is the magic day so far?) so we’ll check again when he is home this afternoon. His counselor wondered if it was an Engineering thing, that’s why I asked.