TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Oh girl, she’s on Team. No stress. Congrats.

1 Like

Sorry, I forgot to post her stats you asked for. Weighted Gpa 4.65, unweighted 3.65. SAT submitted 1350, 10 AP classes, 2 dual enrollment classes, lot of volunteering, 2 leadership positions. I feel her essay and one of her leadership roles played a very important role as these were mentioned in the acceptance letters that she got from some of the colleges. Also, she applied RD to SMU but it was automatically changed to EA by them and she got her acceptance on Dec 17.

Sorry, it was Dec 17, I wrote Jan 3rd week by mistake.

Summary

This text will be hidden

I was trying to edit my earlier post but it not letting me. Instead of writing Dec, I wrote Jan, just clarifying.

Deferred from smu December 17 nothing since. Any idea which school you are leaning towards smu or tamu? We may be facing the same decision

Tamu was never my daughter’s top choice. Her choices in order of preference are: SMU,TCU,UTD,Baylor… We haven’t got the financial aid from the first two schools yet. UTD is not very good for liberal arts degree though I have told her.

Apologies for the abbreviation - College Station

1 Like

We got into Baylor back November. We are hoping for smu and tamu to decide between because we are not religious and Baylor is a fabulous school but worried she may feel out of place.

1 Like

Capped at UT

2 Likes

She too capped at UT but we are interested in colleges nearby. Baylor gave a decent financial aid so I asked her to consider it. Let’s hope for the best.

I have a question. I just checked my son’s Howdy Account and he has 6 tabs. I went to the AIS site and it says his application is still under review. His first choice major was changed from University Studies Architecture to General Studies Blinn Team and second choice is still Construction Science in Architecture. Does that mean he is offered Blinn Team? Also, why is the second major for Construction Science still there? Thank you in advance for any information.

2 Likes

Is anyone able to login to AIS or Howdy right now?

Hey there… congrats. Yes it’s blinn team. 2nd choice doesn’t fall off but it may after it’s official.

All blinn team goes general studies but your work towards your degree requirements for your specific major. Some have guarantee admission to the major and others are just “here’s what ya need to transfer”. Best thing is you are truly an Aggie. 6 credits at Tamu and 6-9 at blinn. It’s amazing. Some take the full two years and save on tuition and others ask to transition early once they meet requirements and others just stop the team and apply straight transfer. Luckily it’s a fluid process.

2 Likes

Thankyou very much for the information! That is what I was thinking, but seemed confusing.

1 Like

Thank you and thanks for all of your help throughout this process!

Baylor is not what it used to be…lots of secular/nonChristian students there! I’m sure she would do just fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve heard that and it is why we are still considering it, we will see what happens with Tamu and SMU.

1 Like

I got the option for the 3 different pathways today, I’m so happy. Applied for computer science. I’ve been anxiously waiting for the past 5 months.

Just one question to clear up some stress, am I basically guaranteed for BLINN since that’s the one I chose, or have people gotten rejected?

1 Like

Typically, you get the option you choose if you do it pretty quickly. I honestly haven’t heard anyone not get they chose. If you wait til April then I guess it could be possible.

Hang in there! You’ll get good news soon.

3 Likes

What major?