TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Hey Guys !! I got waitlisted back in January. I just saw that I have 6 tabs. Not sure if it’s for full admit or blinn but I am so happy !!

7 Likes

Hi all my son got six tabs this morning and portal says general engineering Galveston. So proud of him! He applied in October, 4.1 weighted GPA and a 1390 on his SATs. He so wanted CS . Taking a road trip today to check out the campus. Any recommendations of things he should see? Don’t know to much about Galveston.

5 Likes

@Engineermom2boyz congrats! We have several friends who started out in Galveston, and they all loved the campus! Dorms right on the water, classes much smaller. I think carloads of them go to football games together in the fall. It’s only a year-unless they decide to stay-and a great transition into CS Engineering.
Drive along Seawall Blvd, tons of places to eat, shopping & food in the Strand, avoid chain restaurants-eat local! Galveston is a fun town!

3 Likes

I went to Baylor years ago. The required “religious” things were Forum and 2 semesters of Religion. Forum was often just motivational/interesting speakers. Many people took Old and New Testament for their religion classes, but I wanted a little broader topics. I took “The Life and Teachings of Christ” and “Religions of The World”.

@Engineermom2boyz I agree with @52AG82. We have friends with kids there now. In fact, one family loved the island so much they bought a trash house and have been renovating it.

Keep in mind the winter storm hit Galveston pretty hard so what you see might not be a reflection of normal.

2 Likes

We are in Galveston, pretty much everything is up and going from the winter storm.

Campus has been closed to visitors so you may want to call if visiting. Also, the dorms did suffer so major water damage from burst pipes and the kids have been moved out of them to dorms with no damage. Not sure how long that will be for yet.

2 Likes

I got six tabs this morning and my AIS says galveston for engineering

7 Likes

Thank you AggieMom for your replies. Learnt a lot from your posts. My kid got into UTD electrical and Comp. Science in Rutgers(out of state). Capped in UT Austin. Got the 3 (Galviston,Mc,Blinn) options message yesterday, we chose BLINN after reading your feed back. Now is waitlisted for BLINN. I do not know much about colleges here. Not clear if we have to go for UTD or choose BLINN. Not sure if he will be guaranteed electrical in A&M after Blinn… eAny suggestions will be ver helpful. His weighted GPA 4.0. Could not take SAT centers not available due to COVID. Thank you again.

I called A&M admissions yesterday they recommend choose your option ASAP.

2 Likes

What number did you call to speak with admissions?

[(979) 845-1060](tel://(979) 845-1060) this was in the contact us page.

Thank you!

Did it say you were waitlisted for blinn or that you are being reviewed for blinn after selecting that option?

As for getting EE after ETaM process… it’ll depend on Gpa but 80 plus percent get first choice major!!!

Sorry… the message says " You are being considered for Texas A&M Engineering at Blinn"

1 Like

Absolutely! My daughter got Blinn a few weeks ago and has already been in contact with the Corps to discuss unit placement. Congrats!

Communications

6 tabs for my son this morning for Galveston Engineering. We’re happy to hear back and have closure, but disappointed in not getting into College Station. We’ll do some research on Galveston but probably consider his other offers instead. Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Dumb question… my daughter got her 6 tabs for TEAM yesterday but I don’t see anywhere where she can accept the offer. ???

2 Likes

My son status says the full admit is over and very few full admissions available and have asked us to choose between Galveston, Blinn and Mc Allen. Disappointed after waiting for so long. Please advice. He has acceptance from UTD and OSU.

My son got 6 tabs for Galveston Eng. today too:) He will consider it:) It’s one year in smaller classes, he can work on a strong GPA for the ETAM, he has to maintain a 2.0 or above to transition to CSTAT, one and done. Blinn Team is likely 2 years so I look at it as not a bad offer.

2 Likes