TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Is your son wanting to do Engineering?

Yes.

Should he choose Galveston or Blinn? Please advice. Also his first major is aerospace. UTD he has got electrical. Which one would you all advice. So disappointed

Its interesting to me that some people are asked to pick between the three options and others are just given one. Do we think this depends on whether you’d specified a preference on your initial application or not?

1 Like

I don’t really know if he’s been offered the other options. We just see Galveston on his AIS campus.

1 Like

same. what does it look like if you’re given options?

1 Like

My son got 6 tabs this morning with location changing to Galveston. I also don’t understand why some get offered the 3 choices and some just get placed at Galveston. Has anyone ever been offered Galveston and then if a place opens in Engineering at Blinn they get moved to that?

3 Likes

It clearly gives us four colored panels to choose from. Galveston, Blinn, mc Allen and decline all options.

2 Likes

Blinn is for 2 years?

If it were my son he probably would choose Blinn, but for ALL Engineering majors they apply for ETAM and there is no guarantee that they will get their first choice, unless you have a 3.5 GPA. I did read that 80% do get their first choice. He will have all the same opportunities as a fully admitted student and can live on campus, rush for a fraternity, buy a sports pass, etc.

My daughter did Blinn and she was able to complete the requirements in 3 semesters. She did summer classes to get done earlier.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Just curious, what location does it say for your son?

Where? In AIS? Everywhere it says college station. But we were given the choices and my son just now chose Blinn. Now it says you are being considered for engineering at Blinn. Again the wait continues now.

I don’t think it has to do with that. I specified that I was not interested in Blinn on my application and they still offered it.

Congratulations! That is awesome! Good Luck, I would think if he was offered Blinn he will get Blinn:)

1 Like

Well that’s what I’m saying. People who didn’t say they’d be ok with one of three are getting options. It’s like they’re saying “Are you sure you don’t want to come here??”

1 Like

I am still waiting on tamu, my application is still in review but I have some questions. I heard blinn team offers usually come in like 2 groups, which has already happened, so does that mean I don’t have a chance for blinn team? is that true? also A&M has ranked me 2nd quarter, so do i have a low chance of getting in? I also wanted to know if the ag environmental studies major is competitive to get?

You think so? Thank you so much for your positive words. He is just being considered is what the portal says. Fingers crossed.

I’m replying to all about the Galveston, Blinn, MCallen offers. ALL of these go through the same process for TAMU. ETAM is done at the same time regardless of location but is based on when you complete the requirements. We’ve been told, but have not seen on the website, that guarantee to first choice major is 3.75 starting next year. I’m assuming the site hasn’t changed because current freshmen going through the process now are still guaranteed at the 3.5 mark.

Blinn pros is you live in Aggieland and you can do all things Aggie include taking up to 6 credits on TAMU campus, living on campus, joining clubs, etc.

Galveston pros is you are an Aggie and you take all classes on Galveston campus and will transition to Cstat through ETAM or change of major if you decide against engineering.

I’m pretty sure McAllen pros are exact same as Galveston.

Why some get options… who the heck knows. lol As for once you select your campus, you’ll get it. it’s just been a formality to wait.

5 Likes