TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

That is interesting. If I really wanted business, not sure I would want minor (I think I had read someplace e that a lot of their classes are online) unless major was Econ. If interested in marketing, accounting, etc. seems like major at another business school might be more helpful…unless of course already planning on getting an MBA.

1 Like

Thank you for helping me find it!

In January she chose waitlist and considered for TEAM. Yesterday she got 6 tabs and was offered TEAM. Just wondering if they might still offer her full admission? Don’t get me wrong, we were thrilled that she got TEAM. I just was wondering if she is still on the waitlist and if spits open up will she be considered?

1 Like

I have the exact same question. My daughter chose waitlist & Blinn consideration, and she was offered Blinn. I vaguely remember someone mentioning they were offered Blinn but then were offered full admission off the waitlist in May. But maybe I’m misremembering things and this happened at another school. Wondering if she is still on the waitlist at this point.

Yes, I thought I remembered the same thing. That’s why I asked.

It depends on what business major you want. If it is accounting, MIS, finance, etc. I would go somewhere else unless planning on MBA. However, if it is management or marketing, the minor would be fine. Look here and you can see where people earned LA degrees and still found jobs as Financial Planners, Data Analysts, Auditors … AggieSurveys - Reports (tamu.edu)

That’s exactly what happened to me yesterday. I live between Houston and Galveston and didn’t get an option to choose TEAB. My mom suspected the same thing about location playing a factor with Houston are people being more willing to go to the Galveston campus.

DD applied in August, 3.95 gpa, top quartile, test optional (was cancelled 4 times) waiting on Arch 1st & 2nd choices. She called last week and was told they weren’t full. Today they said they are full and last week we “must have gotten a student worker that didn’t know.”
So, depending on who answers, you may get incorrect information.
She did say we should know by April 1st and that they meek once weekly.
My DD has been offered scholarships elsewhere. I guess it’s time to grab housing at second choice school. Still hopeful despite the negative response.
The counselor sounded exacerbated and spent a lot of time telling me how the snow storm slowed progress…that was one week…I know, we live in Texas too. Depressing reaction & attitude.

2 Likes

Do you guys know whether apartments or dorms are better? I feel like apartments are the move because they are cheaper and look much nicer too.

@Popyhead you’ll get a variety of answers. Personally, I think nothing beats freshman year living ON campus-you’re in the heart of it all. Living in the dorm is a rite of passage, helps the college transition and you make a lifetime of friends. The dorm prices vary greatly, I think from $2,000 - $5,000 a semester, plus required Meal Plan. Dorm prices & descriptions are listed on ResLife page.
For those that sign up for ResLife late in the game, choices will be limited. There is a wealth of housing off campus-just make sure it’s either walkable or on the A&M bus route. And know that off campus housing will most likely require a 12 month lease.
It’s really a personal decision.

1 Like

We were told 3-4 weeks on Feb 11. Your application timestamp will influence this as well.

I’m a big believer of first year on campus at any school. I also find myself envious of the schools where students are on campus all 4 years, but that’s just me.

3 Likes

So much to keep up with and I think most have been Answered. But my response…

There were definitely students last year that got moved from team or teab to full time cstat Tamu. It happened in April and May. So yea, there is still hope and for Team, I think it would truly depend on the major.

Dorm freshman year is a no brainer in my family. We required it because like those above stated, it’s the only time in their life they will live in this type of environment. In the thick of it. Uncomfortable. Etc

There is plenty of time for off campus housing which is amazing in this town. Like resort style living. But for a freshman, make them share a bathroom at least lol

8 Likes

My daughter is top 12 percent, no SAT scores submitted, super involved (officer for drill team, FCCLA, ready set teach; member of NHS and student council). Education major and applied early November. She got TEAM.

3 Likes

It all seems really subjective as to who gets what.

Its hard…I know.

I am surprised she got Team and not full admit. The only con I see is the date of application. November is pretty late in the game. Not saying that’s why she got Team but it’s a high probability. Review admits were being accepted in early October if not before.

She’s going to do great! Sounds like she really knows what she wants. My daughter didn’t decide to be a a teacher til her last semester. Can you say pivot? Omg. Finishing up her 2nd year of teaching and her Masters in teaching this semester.

Congrats on team and just know there is still a possibility of getting an email in April/May to move to full time cstat.

1 Like

If I was accepted to Engineering at Galveston do I have to add TAMUG to my FASFA

@Vgopalam yes, it’s a different institution

If my daughter got this message, Does this mean Engineering Blinn Team? Is will she be considered only? Also, does this not give her the option to be accepted TAMU for her second degree option? And is there an option to be wait listed, if it is not part of the choices below?

Texas A&M University receives more applications from high achieving, academically prepared applicants than we can accommodate in the freshman class. The admission limits on the College Station campus have been reached and very few additional offers of full admission will be made; however, in recognition of your academic and personal achievements, we would like to consider you for admission to one of the following Engineering Pathways:

Option 1: Engineering at Galveston
Option 2: Engineering at McAllen
Option 3: Texas A&M Engineering at Blinn

Please make your selection by April 1. This is not an offer of admission, it is an offer to be considered for admission to one of the below options. If we are unable to offer you your choice below, you will be offered the Program for System Admission.

NOTE: Once you make a selection, you will not be able to make a change.

You may request consideration for one of the options below or decline all options.

@Loro12 that’s the offer-a chance to be considered for Engineering pathways at Galveston, McAllen or TEAB. Spots fill up FAST, so if she’s interested, submit quickly.