TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

We applied on 9/23. 1st qtr reranked by Texas A&M since high school is non-ranking. ACT score of 33 taken in October 2019.

We got our 6 tabs this morning and just got out acceptance letter.

@ChillyCow, thank you for the kind words. The frustration of this year alone has made this entire process anything but joyfull. I wish there was some glimmer of hope to hold onto that she will not have to wait until January to hear from TAMU as she is guaranteed to have heard from all the other schools that she has applied to by then. She applied to the Forensics program which is under the Agriculture School so I know it will be somewhat competitive to be admitted. These kids need something to hold onto this year soon, it’s likely she will not see the inside of her high school at all this year and I am slowly watching my active, straight A student turning into a child that I have never seen before and it is heartbreaking.

My son’s AIS just changed to ACCEPTED! I clicked on the My Communications (in AIS) and then My Letters and his acceptance letter popped up saying he has been “accepted into the College of Engineering with a major in General Engineering.” We are soooo excited as TAMU is his first choice and he was a review admit. I’m hoping this means he will be at College Station, but even if they have them go to Galveston the first year we will be happy because it’s considered a full acceptance.

My son’s status changed in AIS as accepted also. It says General Engineering. Happy and surprised to see that he got admitted in 2 weeks. Congrats to everyone who got accepted so far!

Those that were auto admit and applied to Engineering…Did any of you receive acceptance to Engineering yet? Does AIS update throughout the day or all at one time? My daughter received her AIS acceptance to TAMU last week but nothing on Engineering yet. Any thoughts?

My son got the official acceptance into Engineering too as a homeschooler, review admit!! I seriously thought we would be waiting till mid January at least. I’m about to bust holding it in. Has anyone’s kid got an email about the acceptance? My son isn’t into checking the portal and just wants to wait for an email. I want to casually ask him if he has checked his Howdy but then he will know for sure what I’ve been up to today.

My son didn’t have an email as of an hour ago but now he’s at golf practice so I’m not sure. He came home first so we got to celebrate but my husband is out of town so we’re going to call him later. I was so certain we would be waiting until at least January!

@hope4tamu , I feel your pain. Praying for y’all to have that perfect peace while you wait (a tall order but we have a big God!). Do you know about all the various pathways to College Station IF she for some reason doesn’t get into College Station? (I still think she will but I’m one of those prepare for the worst case scenario people but praying/hoping for the best. I’ve researched the Engineering Academies/Blinn/Galveston in preparation just in case for my son-made me feel a little better anyway). There is a saying about many roads leading to College Station; I’m pulling for her!! Hang in there!!

@ChillyCow, Yes she has researched everything and anything to do with TAMU. This kid is Aggie crazy. I am not sure that she will go the alternate pathway route simply because I am not sure that she could overcome the rejection of full admission. It’s a fault of hers and she is an overachiever that would be so devastated that I could see her packing away those Aggie dreams if she didn’t get admitted. Combine that with the fact that her older brother was an OOS full admit to Engineering and chose to attend Baylor, as she has always felt like she was in the shadow of her older brother (which she definitely is not). I know God has a plan for her and I truly feel in my heart that she will be an Aggie, I just wish she had that to hold onto sooner rather than later. This is our 4th and last go-round with college and by far the most stressful. I think it’s just the uncertainty of the times that we are living in. She has worked harder than any of her siblings so I know greatness is in her future. Truth is, I wouldn’t be sad to see her end up at Baylor with her older brother (still waiting on that admission decision also) but that is mine and her father’s preference, certainly not hers; so I want this dream to come to fruition for her more than anything.

Congrats all! If you have Engineering in CS then you have full admission to Engineering in Cstat. So yay. If it were academy, then it would say. It would also say Galveston if that were the case. Being this early, I’m sure everyone who get their Eng. acceptance will be located in the heart of Aggieland!!!

@AggieMomhelp Thank you for the input! I was hoping that was the case since the acceptance letter we accessed from AIS didn’t say anything about a different campus. My son is over the moon! Our daughter went to Baylor for pre-Med and loved it, but for engineering we think TAMU will be awesome for our son!

@tmclanton, thank you. My daughter also indicated in applytexas that she is interested in both engineering and the university honors programs. I understand that there are essays that need to be written for both of the applications. I know she hasn’t started working on them yet, So I was wondering how much time she will have to get those essays in. Looks like they will be able to apply only after they get the admission.

When did you apply: August 1st
Class Rank: 64/604
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1290 (640 Math 650 Reading)
When did you receive your admission decision: Pending
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Aerospace Engineering

Really hoping I get in. I was top 10% but once our school got out due to COVID our gpa’s froze and 30 kids dropped out. I was set up to jump up quite a bit getting all A+s staying up all night studying only for school to get cancelled after the third quarter and my work not to get counted towards gpa. I’ve been going to football games with my dad since I was a kid, always has been my dream school.

His acceptance to A&M and College of Engineering showed up on AIS! There were two different letters, so that was a bit confusing. The general acceptance letter popped up when he checked AIS on his phone. The engineering acceptance was right where @kscm91 said - under “My Communications” and “My Letters.” We wouldn’t have known to check there, so thank you!!

@tinark213 Another post on this thread said to go to “My Communications” and “My Letters.” That’s where we found a separate acceptance letter for Engineering. Have you checked there?

@sapphire33 You’re so welcome and congratulations! Lots of celebrating here right now. I think my son is mostly happy that he can enjoy his senior year without this hanging over him.

@sapphire33 Just checked. Nothing yet. I’m a little nervous because her SAT scores weren’t stellar but she is #2 in her class. She’s never been great at standardized tests. I know it’s really competitive. She received acceptance to TAMU last week. Congratulations to you!!

My son got his acceptance today and he is a Review Admit!!! He was accepted into Mays Business School. I am actually shocked because we also were expecting to be waiting a while.

Here is our application info to encourage others:

My son didn’t have a high score on his ACT but had a strong overall resume. He is all AP classes, with solid GPA, lots of extracurricular, solid community service hours, and has two jobs outside of school.

When did you apply: August 4th
Class Rank: not ranked by private school (ranked 1st Quarter by AIS)
GPA: reported 4.415 - as of Junior year
All AP classes in private college prep school
ACT -24 (only taken once Dec 2019 with no studying or prep because of COVID)
When did you receive your admission decision: Sept 29th
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Mays Business School

Our College Guidance Counselor told us that Texas A&M is really committed to not holding the ACT/SAT testing challenges against applicants. I think my son is a prime example of this. He is super smart but not the best standardized test taker.

We are super happy that his hard work has paid off.

Good luck to all applicants. God is in control and has a plan for everyone!

1 Like

From the Texas A&M Admissions website…

What do we do about the SAT/ACT test cancellations?

Given the continued restrictions on in-person testing opportunities and in light of recent announcements regarding halted plans for virtual testing, Texas A&M University will not require test scores from Freshman applicants for the 2021 Admissions Cycle. Submission of tests scores will not create any unfair advantage or disadvantage for those students who provide them.