TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

So are will they not consider her for her second choice which was Math?

@Loro12 that I don’t know, but it doesn’t mention anything about Math. Appears that is her offer.
When did she apply and what are her stats?
Did she list Engineering at her 1st choice?

Engineering was her first choice then Math, which if you are accepted into TAMU - Math is automatic. She had a 3.91 unweighted. With Dual Credit and AP. She will graduate with 34 DC and 3 AP courses. Multiple sports, volunteer hours, activities, leadership, etc.

@Loro12 sounds like they’re trying to honor her 1st choice major.

DD is team this year. Honestly, financial aid took much longer than my son who got regular admit 3 years before. After she registered for blinn classes then A&M pulled the info so they could show her as full time for financial aid purposes. We couldn’t even do military benefits until add:drop date for blinn.

I chose to be only waitlisted last month. Does that mean I still have a really good chance of getting in

@akkiadi My son received his Engineering Honors acceptance today so check your portal.

3 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think it makes a difference if you chose the waitlist only option. I think they try their best to give those that want full admission full. Even though in theory it seems as though you would get preference for that choice over both.

3 Likes

If she wants math, then call admissions and ask that question to see if that will give her full admit. My gut at this point is that it will not matter. It’s so late in the process.

If you’re going to choose and want to change to math, then I would choose Galveston and then ask to change major. Could get her up here by spring… OR possibly before. But then don’t expect to switch to engineering except as a minor.

Honestly it’s a crap shoot. I would say yes, but we are seeing people get in that have been on waitlist. If your stats are good then maybe, but waitlist are the last to get notified

1 Like

At this point, is it better to have received the waitlist options back in January (still waiting) or to still be in review?

It is frustrating because she applied Aug 1st, with great stats, etc. The Math department told us to apply for Engineering as first choice, and Math as second, so that if they did not take her in Engineering, but she was admitted into the University she would automatically qualify for Math.

Is it possible to transfer from Blinn to TAMU fully after 2 semesters, or is it usually 3+

My son was offered admission into Engineering Honors already. You have to check the engineering honors portal where you applied and that is where the offer was.

When did you apply: Last week of November 2020
Class Rank: First Quarter
GPA: 3.8
SAT (with Sub Scores): Optional, not submitted
ACT (with Sub Scores): Optional, not submitted
Curriculum: AP/IB (Junior and Senior)
Extra Curricular: Varsity Band 4 years, Section Leader 1 year, First Varsity Band 1 year, TMEA All Stater, NHS Member
When did you receive your admission decision: Still under review
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice:
College of Science - NeuroScience (First)
College of Liberal Arts - NeuroScience (Second)

Status still shows Under Review. Has anyone heard from TAMU regarding admission for NeuroScience?

My daughter also got accepted into Engineering honors this afternoon. Do you have to accept it right away? What is the deadline to accept? TIA

Yes, you can transfer after two semesters.

1 Like

If you start at Galveston for engineering could you make it to cstat by spring?

@Momof0ne congrats on Engineering Honors! Curious. Why would she wait to accept? College/major honors at A&M are the best! I know Engineering has their own little compound in the Commons, but you can also decide to live wherever you want-best of both worlds!
Great program, my student (Business Honors) had many Eng Honors friends in the dorm last year (Hullabaloo).

1 Like

This is the first year they are doing Engineering Honors admissions this way. In the past if you applied and were accepted you were immediately in the program. This year you have to go on to the portal and accept the offer, which then takes it to a pending status, and then they need to approve that before your Engineering Honors Cohort changes. I’m sure you do not have to accept it right away but on the other hand I do not see any reason not to. She can change her mind and drop it any time she likes.

4 Likes