TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Howdy->Applicant->Housing->On Campus Housing->myHousingPortal
Another webpage opens up, there is a login screen. Some of us can’t get past this point yet because we aren’t officially accepted in AIS even though we have six tabs in Howdy.

2 Likes

For the people in the back, lol… YOU can back out at any time. You may lose deposits for housing or NSC, but heck my son is a junior at tamu and I can still back out. There are no contract except housing. So if you are planning to live on campus, then read the fine print on cancellations and what you’re on the hook for. But this is the ONLY contract! Even if you register, you aren’t bound to attend.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Wondering the same thing. Do we think TEAM offers are done? Or have there been offers going out into March before?

My niece received a TEAM offer in March last year. We are still in review and hoping for the same

2 Likes

When I asked the local admissions officer they said decisions up to April!

2 Likes

I tried to look back and see when was last full admit, and I think January 20 there were a few to Engineering. There was a group of Gateway 1/17, Waitlist/Blinn options 1/18, and then 1/20 a few full admit to engineering I believe. Then we had Waitlist/Blinn options from 1/18 get Blinn offered last Wednesday and some Friday, along with some Blinn offers that appeared as first movement on their portal. There are a lot of posts to scroll thru, so I apologize if I missed any. Still hoping for some good news for my daughter and others that are still waiting.

6 Likes

Do you mind me asking what major?

Thank you! Re: the enrollment number, do you know if that means full-time TAMU or does it also include TEAM/Blinn?

Maybe I am wrong, but I thought we signed a housing contract when we paid the housing application fee. At least on my housing portal, it says that the contract was signed on September 22.
So, I just want to be clear, do we have to cancel the contract by May 1 regardless if we move forward with housing selection? That is how I am reading things, but I just want to make sure this is correct.

I do not know what major my niece had. I know she eventually wants to be a doctor I think. My daughter wants Visualization, but already know it is full so we are just hoping for TEAM general studies and change major later. maybe. We are also waiting on SCAD, she is a finalist for a full tuition scholarship and it would be hard to pass that up!

1 Like

Those numbers were First Time at Level ONLY

“First-time Baccaulareate: an undergraduate, degree seeking student who applied and enrolled in college for the first time regardless of whether the student has acquired college level credit through testing, advanced placement or summer enrollment. Also known as First-Time in College (FTIC).”

The Transfer entry status numbers for College Station Undergraduate are below and here’s the definition as well. If I understand correctly, TEAM technically transfers into TAMU, and if so I assume they fall under these numbers. Maybe @AggieMomhelp can confirm this for us when she gets done answering everybody else, HA!!

“Transfer: A student entering TAMU for the first time but who is known to have previously attended another post-secondary institution at the same level. This does not include an institution’s own graduates who re-enter for further education. Primarily used for undergraduates. Graduate students rarely transfer into TAMU.”

2020 TAMU College Station Undergraduate (Transfer Only)
6118 applied
3706 admitted
3253 enrolled

@tmclanton if for some reason your son decides NOT to live in the dorm, you need to cancel prior to May1. That goes for anyone who is in the current housing phases. All anyone has paid so far is the $75 fee. The Housing contract can be canceled-without a fee or penalty-prior to May 1.
Students decide to go to another school, live off campus, etc. which is fine…but substantial fees are passed along for any student who doesn’t cancel by May 1.

Sorry. What is SCAD?

Savannah College of Art and Design

@BoerneMom2021 wow! Sure hope she gets SCAD! Amazing school!!

1 Like

Wow. Good for her. Hope it comes through.

Just got our 6 tabs in Howdy and acceptance to Engineering program at Galveston. We live in CS so were hoping for CS but I know my daughter is just excited to be accepted! If anyone knows anything about the Galveston campus or Galveston Engineering program we would really appreciate the info.
TIA

1 Like

Team is counted in freshman number decisions. But aren’t in the 11K figures. If the student completes TEAM requirements and transitions to TAMU, I am almost 100% sure they do not count towards transfer numbers.

Anyone doing/applying straight transfer, even from Team unfinished, should count towards those transfer numbers.

2 Likes

@rhatcher that’s great! There is Galveston Parent page on FB you should join! They could answer any & all A&M Galveston questions.

thanks! although I think she is still hoping for TAMU. These decisions are hard!