TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I had the same concern for my D. The answer is ‘No.’ She was never given the Blinn/waitlist option, but got accepted for Blinn TEAM last month. Hang in there!

4 Likes

For anyone who got 6 tabs on Friday morning, has your AIS updated?

Not yet. Only the major changed

@BoerneMom2021 Would you mind sharing how you know that Visualization is full?

At the very top it says 2021/2022 apply

It does not look like a button . That’s where you click . Not the log in button under summer 2021.

Hope this helps. I’ll try to do a screen shot

At the top of housing portal you mean? Housing portal itself does not open. Gives an error.

My daughter’s best friend was accepted in January but was told Viz was full and put into general studies. Then I also called a couple weeks ago to confirm and admissions confirmed it.

Viz is such a small program. It typically fills up in October if not before. Architecture in general is full by Christmas.

So if Viz is typically full before December, how is it that people are able to transfer in? I applied for transfer admission in January on the opening date and was told that reviews were still happening in March. Could it be that the program is full in terms of freshman applicants since transfer students couldn’t even apply until after December? I’m just trying to stay patient and hopeful…

1 Like

Well I assumed you were a freshman lol. This is the class of 2025 thread so freshman only.

Transfer is totally different. I have no idea how many they take but best of luck. It’s a great program! Feel free to update on the transfer forum. It will be good to know the timing of decisions and stats of those. Who applied.

1 Like

oh okay! Thanks for your reply, I didn’t know there was a transfer forum so I’ll definitely check that out.

For those of us still waiting for housing portal to open up, is it going to be very difficult to find housing on campus?

You will find housing, just may not be your top choice or even top 3. It all works out. Plenty of different types of dorms/apartments. Do your research to see the best styles, location etc.

2 Likes
1 Like

Why does TAMU makes it a wait at every stage? And the process seems so complicated. First update on AiS, then howdy,then manage applications, then degree planner and again AIS. First we wait for options, then 6 tabs, then major to change, again AIs to change, then finally status to change. A big sigh.

I guess “good things come to those who wait”.

You’ve only just begun lol. Just wait. It never ends. My son did a ton of research for study abroad. Worked hand in hand with Mays SA person. Great application, will be a senior, stellar gpa etc. got waitlisted for his top choice.

All this to say… when you go to a big school, there will be a lot of pivoting and self advocating. It’s a great learning experience from freshman application to senior graduation! Let your student navigate it and feel the “pain”. Most students don’t worry and stress like us parents. Taking a small step back and to the right. It will allow you to breathe.

3 Likes

My daughter was happy to receive a TEAM offer, but she just found out she got into Texas Tech’s Honors College and is now unsure what she wants to do. She plans on majoring in nutrition while completing her premed requirements. I’m wondering if medical schools will accept premed science classes taken at Blinn, or if she’ll have to take the prereqs at TAMU. I know some medical schools won’t accept (or frown upon) science classes taken at a community college, but maybe premed classes at Blinn would be okay? Does anyone have a future Blinn Team student who plans on doing premed?

I’ve always heard the same thing about science classes. Not accepted from a community college by med schools. Best bet is to check out the requirements from her intended med schools to see their requirements.

While you may view Team as different, it’s still a junior college. But by being on team you can take science courses at Tamu if it fits into your schedule.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thanks, AggieMomhelp! . I’ll check out the requirements at the med schools. Med school is getting increasingly competitive each year, so it’s probably better to take the prereqs at TAMU.

2 Likes

Howdy, y’all! I was admitted back in September and completed phase 1 and 2 of the housing application around October. A&M is one of my number one choices right now but I’m still waiting to hear back on a few schools which come out late March/early April. I was wondering if I had to officially commit before finishing the rest of the housing process (which comes out later this month) or if I can still pick my dorm/roommate while I’m still undecided as to where to go? I’m asking because Hullabaloo Hall is my top dorm choice, and I heard it is crazy competitive to get! Thanks for the advice!