TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I;ve found the TAMU process to be THE most complicated of all schools. And the portal… holy cow… wayyyyy too much info. Makes my head spin.

4 Likes

Tech is really far for us but my nephew is there and has loved it. We finally put down a deposit at TCU just to reserve a spot for housing. Hope you have a great trip!

1 Like

At this point I’m not even sure if my son will go to A&M if he gets in! Every time we talked about other schools he says “yeah, but what about A&M?

It’s the farthest for us too (we’re in a Dallas suburb)…trying to keep an open mind! My husband is a FO with a commercial airlines so the flight privileges would work for S21 coming back home (we’re not sending his car with him!) whenever he wanted to…bonus is we live only 15 minutes from DFW airport.

Excited to see how he likes Tech!

3 Likes

@Momof3B Rawls is a great business school! Bonus if they have offered him $$, too-for sure he won’t get that at TAMU. We have tons of friends who go to Tech/graduated…don’t know a soul who transferred from it. Lots of school pride, Big 12 Athletics, can’t beat living in West Texas…nicest people you’ll ever meet.

4 Likes

Ughhhhh still application complete and in review since October 30th. Nothing since then, no offers no nada. Who else is in this boat?

4 Likes

I think I saw at least 9 members of the boat speak up this morning. We are also still waiting. Ever. So. Patiently.

4 Likes

We are! Application complete since October 14th

1 Like

@AggieMomHelp Do you know the process for students when their 1st & 2nd choices are full, like 1st Mays, 2nd Arch? Why doesn’t Admissions just give them PSA when those majors are full? Are these students perhaps on a waiting list for those majors in which they would be given a spot if an accepted student declines late in the process?
Thanks in advance!

@AggieMomhelp, I had a few questions about Blinn engineering academy. When every we graduate college does it show on our Diploma that we went to Blinn for some of our classes, also can employers(both internships and jobs) see that we went to Blinn? Finally, would you recommend Blinn or UTD for engineering? I think I want to go to Blinn because it basically has all the benefits of TAMU, but for one year I have to go to Blinn for some classes.

2 Likes

Same here, unfortunately. My daughter applied in September and just crickets… The worst part is that it’s her first choice too. Hoping we all hear back soon. Wishing yall the best

1 Like

I called TAMU on Monday and they said Phase III will start 3/8/2021, they will send out an email on 3/7/2021.

5 Likes

Okay, Deep breath. You are very worried about the whole Blinn stigma. Blinn is an outstanding program and your engineering courses are taken at TAMU. You’ll take some core classes like English, creative arts, etc. at Blinn. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many tamu full time full admit students do this. It saves money and duh, it’s easier. = ) AND no, your degree is from Texas A&M University, College of Engineering. Nowhere will it mention Blinn. HOWEVER, on your transcript, official and unofficial, it will list ever college you attended and what classes and what grades you received. Your TAMU GPA isn’t effected by it, but it will be on the TAMU transcript. So if companies ask for it, they’ll see it. Now… ask me if they care… they absolutely 100% will not care.

I cannot speak to UTD vs. TAMU/Academy. UTD is a great school and a good program. You need to tour the schools and check the vibe. See what each has to offer you in all aspects of college, not just engineering.

@twintoAM They are not on a waitlist for those majors. They will be accpeted into tamu first. Then they will be placed in general studies and work with an advisor to select another major. TAMU will give them PSA if they don’t feel they have met the standards to succeed as a freshman at tamu but believe the student will succeed through the PSA process.

4 Likes

AIS updated for the kiddo this afternoon. Lots of screams of glee to be had here.

8 Likes

Same here. We are starting to accept that her back up, Texas Tech, may soon be her first choice. I just want to prepare myself really for PSA…don’t get me wrong, I am still holding out hope; but I need to prepare myself. We’ll see. (((( sigh)))))

Not sure who this is harder on…the parent or my daughter…she’s one to take everything in stride; me…not so much.

2 Likes

Just checked. Finally. A big sigh of relief.

4 Likes

Thank u so much for the help!

1 Like

Hello,

When talking about the “six” tabs, is it on AIS or Howdy Portal? What do the 6 tabs say?

You’ve already been accepted. Why do you ask? Most everyone on this thread knows about the tabs. If you’ve been accepted then you should know. It’s on howdy portal.

I have a twin brother and I’m just trying to help him out. Sorry about that :slight_smile:

1 Like