TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I think that is just a reference of time… waiting, TIKTOK

2 Likes

:joy: that one flew over my head! :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

The sound of the clock in my head waiting for this decision…

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I appreciate it!

I think I missed something - what’s a good sign for people on the waitlist? (Obviously I am one of them!)

Yes, A&M has algorithms for high schools that take into account what is offered at each high school. They look at the rigor offered by schools and what classes students take based on what is offered. They have their own system to help keep things equitable. Sure, there are probably lots of holes in the system, but they’ve been doing this for years. It’s how they are able to judge kids from a variety of school types.

1 Like

Thank you so much for all of your help, knowledge and support! You are so thoughtful and spend so much time on each answer. This process is so much more stressful than I ever imagined - I only wish we had found this thread sooner!

1 Like

wow, did not know this! perhaps my thoughts on it have changed a bit. but I am still frustrated and stressed! lol

@BoerneMom2021 i clearly don’t know even a fraction of what @AggieMomhelp knows. But, my thoughts are: 2nd quarter and low(ish) SAT & ACT definitely aren’t in her favor. And yes, the review committee knows every high school. In our large 6A district, Top 10% can vary greatly from school to school. My student-Top 4%-had the same gpa as the #10 student at a school a few miles away. Same district. All the large universities know this, and take it into consideration.
If your daughter only wants Viz, I’d say take SCAD! That’s the most sought after school for Viz! We have 2 friends (1 graduate, 1 current student) at SCAD, and you can’t beat it! Clearly Viz is off the table at A&M (at least as a freshman). Have you dug around to find out how difficult it is to transfer in, if she’s offered PSA, or even Blinn TEAM. It’s a super small major, so chances are high is extremely difficult to get into.
If your daughter wants to be an Aggie more than she wants Viz, hold out for PSA or TEAM.
My heart goes out to you. Hoping y’all hear something soon!

2 Likes

Same here ((sigh)). We are just trying to be patient, and not get discouraged. What I want to know is, what will it look like if we are denied completely? Will the portal say something to let us know to move on? Does anyone know?

2 Likes

Thank you for the response! We know by tomorrow if SCAD is an option depending on the scholarship decision. Without it, no way. Not going into 6 figure debt for that. I did talk to an advisor about the various ways to get into Viz via TEAM or PSA. TEAM we can work with, PSA would be much more difficult and lengthy. PSA is basically like just transferring from a different college as far as Viz goes (except the guarantee of getting into tamu) We will have all those lengthy conversations when we need to. My brain is just tired of all the ‘what if’ thinking. The planner in me is going nuts.
About your SCAD friends though–do you know their majors? I have heard it is SUPER intense and I worry about that. Maybe pm me for all that. Doubt anyone wants to read about SCAD

1 Like

@BoerneMom2021 I just stalked FB. The SCAD graduate got a degree in Animation. He’s now in LA, doing story boards and animation (well…pre Covid). The current student is Interior Design, I think?
Oh yes, I hear ya on the cost. My student was accepted to USC (So Cal, not South Carolina). No scholarship, no financial aid. It would’ve been base $75k a year. Thankfully they didn’t send their acceptance until April, and this was after the Felicity Huffman/other stars cheating/acceptance scandal. My student would’ve for sure gone, had she received acceptance in the fall. But once acceptance finally came, the reputation was so tarnished, my student wanted nothing to do with USC.
Gosh, I hope she gets the SCAD scholarship! But, if she doesn’t, take it as a sign God has closed that door for a reason.
Keep us posted!

4 Likes

A&M was my son’s first choice… he was accepted to OU, Arkansas, Tech and Nebraska months ago. We finally received word that he was accepted to Blinn TEAM for engineering. He has mixed feelings about this- can we hear the pros and cons of this option from such a wonderful and informative group? Thank you!!

2 Likes

There are literally hundreds of posts on this thread about this. I’d scroll up about 20-30 posts above yours and start there. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey guys! I was hoping y’all would have some insight as to what you think will happen with my application.
In jan. I got the option to be considered for waitlist, team, or both, and I chose both.
Major- bio (pre nursing)
Rank- first quartile
GPA- 3.71 unweighted, 4.78 weighted
Strong essay (in my opinion lol)
7 AP’s and multiple Pre-APs
Club founder & president as well as officer in another and member of 2 more
NHS
4 year steady job
Lots of volunteering
2 year shadowing program in a level 4 NICU unit
Rec letters from a neonatal nurse practitioner, 2 teachers, boss at work.
Let me know if I should hold out hope! I want to go to TAMU more than anything, but I am staring to get nervous.

2 Likes

Well, you sound amazing! As you will hear, there are many paths to Aggieland, and I would be surprised if you don’t fit in one of them. IMHO, I think you sound like a great candidate and could be a real asset to A&M.

The wait is grueling, I know, but hang in there!

1 Like

If you selected waitlist or team and you’re still waiting, then waitlist is the last to hear. You’re either going to get tamu or team.

1 Like

You have a great shot at getting pulled off waitlist to full time admit. Worse case, Team, but I see full admit in your future. Great application/stats!!!

1 Like

When did you apply?

My friend’s daughter got a full admit to fall at CS yesterday, I think Biology major. Her daughter is in the same school district as mine, but a different high school. She is in the top 20% of her class. So, there is hope yet for people who are waiting. Good luck, I know waiting is the hardest part, but hang in there don’t give up!

7 Likes