TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Thank you guys so much! That eased my nervous immensely!!

1 Like

November 15, so decently late. :grimacing:

I will preface this by saying that we are still waiting on waitlist/team and will be good with anything. Even if it is straight Blinn. In regards to your comment about class rankings, our 800 student HS will have the top 25% graduating Summa Cum Laude. Two years ago, at the same school, top 25% started .25 points lower. The counselors will even tell you to decide if you are going to play the GPA game. Take advanced classes instead of AP/DC and do not take a PE until senior year. If you do sports or band that will drag your GPA down, also. Then there are the kids for who academics is their life and their after hours activity is tutoring. I am proud of my kid who did sports and will graduate Magna Cum Laude with almost 30 AP/DC credits, even if A&M doesn’t think that is good enough.

5 Likes

I see you have UW Madison. I was on that campus several times for a previous job, that is a lovely campus in the Spring and so much to do. I will say that I hope it is more diverse than when I last visited circa 2005.

I absolutely hated the campus when I had to be there in January, but is just my extreme aversion to cold.

I just looked and it does not appear that Visualization participates in the PSA program. I do not recommend going the PSA route for a different major and then trying to transfer in. My daughter did just that on the advice of the A&M advisor (He is no longer at A&M). She did PSA with a different major than her desired major, but within the same College and Department.

Once she got to A&M, se was told that they no longer allow switching majors when arriving and you have to wait at least one semester prior to applying for change of major. With her Dual Credit and hours from PSA and 1 semester, she was above the threshold of hours to request change of major, and had to keep her original major.

It all worked out and she is planning to graduate in December and move on to Grad School, but I thought I would share her experience with going PSA and then attempting to change majors.

2 Likes

Howdy! I submitted my application about 6 months ago and am very nervous on what will happen… if y’all could give me on some insight on my stats it would be much appreciated:)

Major- environmental design (architecture)
Rank- first quartile
Very personal essay, and follows prompt very well, also has mentions of family alumni
GPA- 3.73 unweighted, 4.64 weighted
NHS
4 AP classes and 7 Pre-AP
Lots of volunteering
Two steady jobs
Varsity soccer (all 4 years)
Club soccer (6 years, also has been Captain)
2 years of Architecture classes
Internship set up with Toll Brothers Company out of college
Rec letters from a Tamu alumni with a masters in architecture, as well as other Tamu alumni’s

I haven’t heard anything from Tamu or gotten any other offers like TEAM or waitlist… I am getting extremely nervous as I really want to go. Please let me know what y’all think my chances are! Thank you!

3 Likes

I actually agree and if PSA is offered likely to decline. We were told that once you complete your hours at the PSA campus and mover over to CS, then still have to complete a certain number of hours before asking to change majors. That puts her waaaay behind on Viz classes. I wish they had this program or at least the fundamental classes at other campuses. I have spent the morning scouring tx college websites again to see what our backup to our backup plan could be. 7 college apps and none are looking promising on both the acceptance and financial aspects, unless we decide to take CAP which is not attractive.

Is it “safer” to already be on the waitlist or still in review at this point?

Does UT offer a pathway to Viz type major in Austin through another CAP campus?

Waitlist

1 Like

She would do better going to Blinn and trying to transfer after one year into viz instead of PSA. If that didn’t work, she could do a complimentary degree and get her master’s in viz.

1 Like

We have looked into the UT pathway. She has been CAP’d at UT, so it would have to be at one of the CAP schools. Which none have the Viz type classes. Only UTD does and it is not a CAP school. I am going to call UT tomorrow and ask if any UTSA classes for first year can transfer, but doubt it since their program is fine arts.

I haven’t even looked at straight blinn. I will do that next. thanks! ugh, masters = more money. sigh

We have been on the waitlist for awhile now. Beginning to think it is not happening. Guessing Blinn won’t be offered either.

Congratulations! When did u apply and what are your stats? I’m a hopeful ag major as well

Maybe also ask about UT Tyler. I have heard good things about their campus and student population as far as full time and age.

Sorry for the late reply. Here are my stats.

Applied on December 15th deadline. Econ Major.

• In-state
  • Indian immigrant
  • Econ major

GPA: 4.898 weighted on 5.0 scale

SAT: Didn’t send

APs: 17(Calc BC, Human Geography, World History, English 3, English 4, Stats, Envi Sci, US History, Macro, Micro, Psychology, Government, Comparative Government, Euro, Physics I)

ECs:

4 years high school tennis: 3 years JV(Won District 2x), 1 year Varsity(District win and Regional Quarterfinals). Lead team to one district win as team captain and won several events. 4 tournament wins.

250 hrs volunteering internationally in India. It involved working with impoverished children in poor villages as well as interviewing other volunteers.

Around 50-60 or so hours working with the North Texas Food Bank, animal shelters, and an assortment of other community services.

USTA Texas State Competitive Tennis: Competitive statewide tennis in Texas. 18s Super Champ. 7.61 UTR.

NHS: 3 years

United Model Nations Club: 4 years

Participated in UT Austin Economics For Leaders Program

1 Like

Your stats look good. What quarter did Tamu give you on ais? And have you received any changes at all on application status? Options offered etc?

I think most waitlist will get offer but it does come closer to April if not in April. Hang in there.

Thanks for the response.

By quarter do you mean term? If so, Fall 2021. And no, I haven’t received any changes on application status/been offered any options.