TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@AggieMomhelp I applied in Late October and still in review. Should I be worried?

Don’t give up hope! 1st Q is good. I have students who are still in review with 1st Q as well.
Hang in there!!

1 Like

If your school does not rank you, then TAMU will assign a rank so it should tell you if they ranked you 1st or 2nd quarter. You have great stats but I’m wondering if apply so late might be a factor? @AggieMomhelp would know!

Where do you find how they ranked you? When I asked they said there was a secret algorithm but didn’t tell me how to see results.

Class rank shows when you log into Howdy. Scroll down to where the green checks are, it’s the 3rd green check down that says CLASS RANK and in parentheses it will say 1st qtr, 2nd qtr etc. Do you see it?

1 Like

Ahhh, I found it! They ranked me 2nd quarter. Is that bad? What does it mean?

Is anyone else having trouble logging into the TAMU housing portal (oncampusaggies.tamu.edu)? My daughter completed Phase 1 on 2/26 and received an email confirming that her Phase 1 was complete. On 3/1, she received an email stating that Phase 2 was open, and 12 hours later she received another email stating her application was “stuck” in Phase 1 because she didn’t answer a question about what Living Learning Community she was interested in. But she did answer this question! She even received an email on 2/26 from the Living Learning Community she was interested in. The 3/1 email stated said she had until 3/3 to finish Phase 1. She just noticed the email tonight and now can’t even log into the housing portal. So very frustrating! Her guidance counselor in Rhode Island warned us early on that the “Texas system is always such a challenge.” Seems like we’ve encountered issues every step of the way. I hope the school itself is run a bit better.

1 Like

2nd percentile is 26-50th percentile of your high school class. I ranked 31st percentile of my high school class so that is why I am ranked 2nd percentile. 1st percentile ranks 1-25th percentile of their class. I hope you understand my explanation:)

Thanks for the explanation! Does being ranked 2nd quarter lower my chance of admission with my stats for Econ?

No clue honestly. I would guess first qtr would always be best but honestly no idea. Waiting patiently like everyone else. Hang in there. I’m here hanging with you.

Thanks man. Hopefully AggieMomhelp can give information on what my chances are.

Found it - thank you! I feel so dumb, I have been looking right past it this whole time!

My school follows Cambridge as opposed to IB or AP, and I am a candidate for an AICE diploma. Will it hurt my application that I did not take APs? I go to an out of state private gifted school that is affiliated with a university - 3.9 UW, 1420 SAT, top quarter as ranked by TAMU, ECs, volunteer work, summer programs, and study abroad. On the waitlist since January.

Someone already clarified this but yes Tamu assigns a quarter of your school doesn’t rank. Even home school students get assigned a quarter. It will be on your AIS.

1 Like

People who haven’t had any movement recently have been offered Gateway and team. So I wouldn’t say hope is lost. I will say that full admit is probably not going to happen at this point for those who have heard nothing. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, just seems the most logical. I pray I’m wrong. Lots of great students still waiting.

2 Likes

Call res life tomorrow!!!

1 Like

Yeah, I’m second quarter. Does that make a difference in my chances at this point in time with my stats?

Yes it does. With no movement on your all. 2nd quarter and no test scores (right?). It doesn’t look good for full admit. I have no idea if there will be more gateway or team offers.

If you’re set in Aggieland, you can always go to blinn for a semester or two and apply straight transfer with solid grades and good essay. It can be done! Econ is a great major! Just follow the degree plan and transfer requirements and apply as soon as you have 24 graded credit hours or close to it (could get deferred if not done at time of application).

Alright, thanks so much for the honest assessment. I’ll hope for the best and see what happens when I get my decision.

1 Like

Absolutely. It’s not over til the decisions are in. I had one kiddo who got psa and one that got straight into econ (now Mays-mgmt). So I get the stress of waiting. Just know that the decision doesn’t define you or your ability (and that goes both ways… admitted or not).

2 Likes