TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Thank you for the information. I understand each college has very good scholarships and I am wondering if anyone got it can share their stats.

How generous is TAMU with their out of state tuition waiver for high achieving students? Obv a full scholarship would be nice but I would be very happy just bringing it down to the in-state rate.

Schools like TAMU and UT do not offer excellent scholarships like some of the other states schools bc they have so many students who are wanting to attend…there’s no big need to entice them. From what I hear, departments will offer scholarships in their sophomore year and beyond to students who excel.

1 Like

@Howdy_Hopeful it is very difficult to get enough A&M scholarship $ to qualify for in state tuition.

https://scholarships.tamu.edu/Non-Resident-Tuition-Waiver

1 Like

@Physixmom @FeiXing @Howdy_Hopeful
This is the (partial) press release for last year, freshman class ‘24, President’s Endowed Scholarship (PES).
TAMU has such a high number of outstanding students, including the most National Merit Scholars in the state, they don’t need to entice/offer/match scholarships, like many other schools do.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Morning everyone. I saw so many posts and I got super excited thinking more people got in lol. Y’all totally got my hopes up.

@52AG82 crushed the q&a for the day. So I’ll just say ditto to what she said. Lol

Have a great weekend everyone. And if there’s a scholarship thread, maybe we can move some of those questions there or start a thread so we can track stats and timing of scholarships for now and future students.

1 Like

Don’t loose hope yet. My daughter did not find out until Mid April last year. She was waitlisted and then got full admit.

4 Likes

Was she still able to find on campus housing? (if she choose to do that)

1 Like

Yes, she was able to get on campus housing - maybe not her first choice, but housing was very happy to work with us. She got into NSC, Fish Camp, Impact Camp. She did not miss out on anything.

3 Likes

So glad to hear that:)! What dorm did she end up may I ask?

She ended up in Legett. Got a room to herself (which she did not ask for). Amazing room, super clean and HUGE. But with Covid protocols and limited ways to make friends, she really needed a roommate.

2 Likes

Daughter is still waiting for any answer … Question for the group… Is there any insight into Low Density Majors like Horticulture where only 30-40 students apply per year? We hear from Business/Engineering/Econ etc. Majors, but not a lot about some of the AG specific specialties. Does the Plant and Soil Science department wait until the last day to shake out their decisions. Thanks all and congrats to the lucky ones…

1 Like

For transfers, yes this would be true that it’s not a highly desired major. For freshman, you are admitted by admissions only. Major is irrelevant. The colleges (majors) do not see any applications for freshman like they do for transfers.

For freshman, Once admissions accepts you, they check to see if there is availability in your top choice. If not then move to second choice. If full, they’ll put you in general studies or ask you to choose another major.

By any chance do u know where there is a list of number of students in the PSA program, by school. Also % of PSA students, again by school, who successfully transition over.

@Tuppence22 scroll down to Questions 16 & 17, there seem to be some PSA stats. Perhaps every PSA school lists stats like this, I just clicked on TAMUCC (stats are 2014-2018, surely there are more current stats somewhere??).

1 Like

I don’t, but I like the link @52AG82 attached.

Thank you for this link. Since we were probably more interested in another PSA school I had not looked at Corpus very closely, but this info has been great!

I know this thread is about admittance, but since some PSA are probably coming out soon, I hope it is okay to note some things going through my head. My daughter is interested in English or Psychology…so that is where I am coming from.

• each of these have a PSA plan. Looking closely at them, one requires lowest of a B in all required classes and one requires lowest of a C in all required classes. Both have the overall 3.0 requirement.
  • Both have a required English class 1302. (A lot of PSA plans have this.). To meet this class though, u have to have a prerequisite of 1301 which is not listed as a required class. So, I guess they put you in 1301 your first semester and 1302 your 2nd semester. You might be able to meet requirement with an AP exam, but for my daughter she won’t take exam until May, so another unknown.
  • English PSA plan requires English 2322 or 2323. These are not offered at CC, Commerce or Tarleton. Video says you have to take summer before or during year, but at another institution.
  • appears like all PSA plans that are posted are for last year. Doubt there will be many changes, but hope they post most current ones soon.

Off to do more research. My daughter does not even want to think about this option until she knows for sure.

@Tuppence22 wow, I had no idea. Your daughter is lucky to have you checking on courses offered, pre-req, etc. Smart move, to have all bases covered, when she does get whatever A&M offers her!

Hey y’all! I guess I have a question about waitlist. Earlier I saw it was said that waitlist and team will come out this Tuesday. Is that all of waitlist? I know other people have said waitlist will run into April, however admissions told me they will have all decisions out by the end of March. Does that include waitlist?