TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Still in review, still have change of major option…waiting for something/anything…the only change with my daughter, is now she wants to go and visit LSU during spring break! Ugh…it just adds more stress to the decisions and choices. LSU comes with out of state tuition, but I’ve heard there are ways for Texans at LSU to get a discount or that they will work with you to bring it down through scholarships (I dont know). I thought for sure she would lock in with Texas Tech if TAMU fell through. She appealed UT’s cap decision just because “why not”…don’t expect that to turn around.

2 Likes

Texas Tech is looking really good to my son right now, especially after our visit last week. He had made the shortlist for the Scovell Business Leadership program
and an interview with the director this morning. If he gets selected for one of
the 15 spots, I think that will cement Tech for him.

It makes me sad because for the past 4 years all he’s talked about is TAMU…but he’s showing great maturity in weighing all options…if he gets in and is given Econ or Team, he’s going to have to really decide what’s more important to him: being an Aggie or direct admit to another Business school

3 Likes

I agree…they really surprise us I think with the maturity level. I think it’s us parents who are really stressing more about this. My niece loved Tech and we’ve had nothing but great experiences and heard great reviews. This LSU thing that came up, I think it’s a long shot with the OOS tuition for me. It sounds like your son is going to do great where ever he ends up.

1 Like

Hey @LHBmom , I am a texan who also applied to LSU and received the tiger non-resident scholarship that brought down tuition to almost in-state level. it is 15k per year, or 7500 / semester.

Oh nice! Good info!

Welcome to LA!

1 Like

To be honest…we haven’t heard from LSU yet, but I talked to them today and they too are behind on decisions. Man, what a stressful mess. My daughter was test optional but everything else about her was stellar.

Same here.

What does it mean if your change of major button is still there? And your mom thinks you’re the best candidate ever? And your gpa is 3.95?:grimacing:

6 Likes

LOLOL, it means you’re the best momma ever and only want the best for your kiddo!

But seriously, having the change of major button still there is always a hopeful sign!

2 Likes

Are we talking about the change majors button in the manage applications section? Or AIS?

That is a very high UW GPA!

When that happened to my daughter in 2019, she got a PSA offer a few days later. She had already accepted another school by that time.

Hopefully, tomorrow is a big day for those of us still waiting!! Just wanted to send positive thoughts to everyone :heart:

6 Likes

Yes, she worked very hard and took challenging dual credit classes including physics.
She played varsity sports through HS & worked. She also sent in her application when they opened in August. She applied to a major that takes only 100. The admissions says they accept to the university 1st the look at majors but I’m doubting this now. Maybe all the other applicants had higher gap’s and ECC. I know they have some stellar applicants.
Test optional hurt her. She studied and had 4 tests cancelled on her.
I’m comforted with the thought that God will have her where He wants her.

3 Likes

@AggieMomhelp
Howdy! When you say typically would that mean 99% chance that the PSA will follow the removal of the Change Major Button?

Also, besides the listed PSA schools and A&M Galveston, are there any other schools under the PSA option, such as A&M San Antonio?

@sithag03 Galveston isn’t PSA, it is full admit.
Here’s a link to the PSA schools-
https://admissions.tamu.edu/psa

Only the PSA schools listed on the psa website page on Tamu admissions.

And as @52AG82 said, Galveston is a totally different thing than psa. Use the link she provided. I love the Galveston route if not accepted to cstat. I think it’s better than psa route in that you are just changing majors and transition to cstat cs having to hit certain class and gpa requirements.

Oh and I would say 100% of the time it means psa when change of major button disappears, but I’m always hoping I’m wrong.

1 Like

I had to play the lottery to get my spot in Krueger in fall of 1990!

1 Like

do y’all think if we haven’t heard anything yet and our change major button hasn’t disappeared yet then it’s a rejection?