TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@MomofOne. My sons also applied for both UH and EH, and they had to submit 1 recommendation for one or both of those programs (I’m pretty sure they did for EH, but not 100% sure). If your daughter is invited to be interviewed by Brown, in the initial email (which will come after engineering admission), they will ask her to provide a second recommendation letter and a photo. You can take a look at “Craig and Galen Brown Foundation - 2020” thread for more information.

I don’t know if your daughter has her mind set up on a particular dorm or not. Both of my sons were admitted to UH and EH, and they both turned down UH because they want to live in Mosher … could have saved the time spending on writing the essays. :wink:

My son got his admission letter yesterday to general engineering - his howdy changed to 6 tabs yesterday. he was a review admit - he applied Aug 15. Application complete Sept 6 (waiting on high school transcript hoping to get in to top 10% but he did not). Now waiting on UT to see if he gets admitted but very happy he got into TAMU. Good luck to all! - a lot of folks say TAMU is better school for most kids as UT is very competitive and tough!

I was notified of my acceptance to the college of engineering yesterday. Here are my stats:

When did you apply: August 12, 2020
Class Rank: 198/1350 (15%)
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1330 (690 Math, 640 English)
ACT (with Sub Scores) 33 (34 Math, 35 Science, English 29, 35 Reading)
When did you receive your admission decision: Sept 29, 2020
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Engineering (Mechanical) - General Engineering Admit

My daughter was admitted yesterday, Sep 29, for fall 2021. Holistic admit.

Class Rank: not ranked by HS, but top 25% (Probably 15%), AIS had her ranked in 1st Quarter.
GPA: 5.27 weighted, or 4.08 unweighted.
AP classes - 11, exam average 3.57
SAT 1350 (RW 640, Math 710)
4 years Band, part time cashier supervisor (15-20 hrs per week)at grocery store (Tom Thumb)
Major/College of Choice: Psychology, College of Liberal Arts.

Best of luck to all.

Sorry, I should add - Applied Aug 30, admitted Sep 29.

Several questions regarding LOR. I know they are not necessary for admission but what about scholarships. Do they help.

Son’s application submitted on 9/24, have all green checks but still in review.

SAT subject tests came in Monday, they don’t necessarily help admissions, but again maybe with scholarships

AND. Is there a thread devoted to Scholarships. coming from OOS, need all the help we can get

Thanks

For the SRAR, how do you folks enter dual enrollment courses? My D21 has the courses listed on her high school transcript, so she is entering it exactly as it is shown on that transcript. However, is there a need to enter those classes again a second time under the name of the community college? Did we miss the instructions for this? (I hate this SRAR – D20 did it for Florida schools last year and it is a pain in the patootie. I can’t for the life of me remember what she did for dual enrollment last year).

My daughter has not received any official acceptance into engineering in the mail. She had all 6 tabs showing a couple weeks ago. Yesterday, under “Manage Applications” it says “Whoop! You have been ADMITTED. Major ENGE Program BAC-ENGE-AE Location College Station”. Under the Communications Tab it only shows the Freshman Admit because she’s an auto admit. In AIS at the top, it says the Major has changed from Engineering Review to “General Engineering”. Hopefully we will see something official soon.

Application completed: 8/30
Class Rank: 67/696
SAT: 1480 (770 Math, 710 Reading/Writing)
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Auto Admit

https://admissions.tamu.edu/SRAR
How do I enter my dual credit/enrollment courses and grades?
You should report all courses exactly as they are listed on your transcript. You will use the Course Level field on the SRAR to indicate the course was dual credit/enrollment. Do not enter the college courses (i.e. English 1301) on SRAR if it is not present on your transcript and do not enter anticipated college credit for AP exams.

Thanks so much! Obviously we missed this instruction…

My daughter is trying to add the names of her recommenders, she is not able to find where she can do this. She is looking under “My documents” in AIS and in the Applicant tab in the Howdy portal. Neither of them have an option to add recommenders. How can we add recommenders? Thanks!

@MomofOne

When you go to upload documents, you must select “Letters of Recommendation” and once you select this then they ask for the name and you are able to put the name of the recommender as well as the recommendation itself! I hope that helps:)

Thank you @goodlucksmarties, Under the my communications tab in AIS we could only find, add files, upload files etc. Not sure if I am looking in the correct place. My daughter said she would ask the admission folks using the “Ask A Question” feature in contact us.

She has 6 tabs in howdy now. When I told her that she gave me this “mom, you are weird” look and went back to her books :wink:

@annokie My son was accepted on Tuesday to Engineering. Someone posted here earlier to look under “My Communications” and “My Letters.” That’s where we found a separate acceptance letter for Engineering. I would check there!

@Momof0ne I believe you have to upload the actual recommendation letter or have the school send it to TAMU. My son had his teacher send him the PDFs for his and he uploaded them into AIS. For most of his other college applications, he had them ssent through Naviance. There was one college, TTU Honors, that asked for the name and email address for the recommender and the college sends them the link to fill out. That is not how TAMUs is done. (I hope that all made sense!)

@annokie , I see the same scenario as you do…
On 9/29, Major on AIS screen changed to “General Engineering” (was Engineering Review)
and under the Howdy/Manage Applications, Major changed to “ENGE” (was UNEN).
I looked under My Communications/My Letters as others have suggested – there is just the “Freshmen Admit” letter dated 9/22 which confirmed acceptance to TAMU but says under review for Engineering.
No letter yet officially stating accepted into Engineering.

@TxBluebonnets I just checked the AIS and now there is a new letter under communications that was sent at 3:52am today that she got accepted into the College of Engineering! So hopefully you will see yours very soon!

@annokie Yay! Congrats!!!

When did you apply: Daughter - applied August 1
Class Rank: Top 15% (157 of 894)
SAT (with Sub Scores)
ACT (with Sub Scores) 32
When did you receive your admission decision: October 1
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Engineering (accepted)

GPA weighted (4.7069) unweighted (3.7857)
AP classes _ Biology, Chemistry, Calc A/B, Calc B/C, Anatomy/physiology
also physics
Competition Band 4 years, section leader
NHS, SNHS, Mu Alpha Theta, Tutor

Super excited as this was her first choice!

My daughter just went into her AIS to upload the recommendation letter from her mentor/guide and the first thing she saw is “You’ve been admitted”. Right under that is “View my letters” and “Next Steps”. We just have the “Freshman Admit” letter dated 10/1/2020 at 1:55:33 PM. So, I guess the next step is the engineering admission :smiley: