TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Honestly it’s anyone’s guess at this point. Last year some lost the button on one day and then the rest followed pretty quickly after that. If you’re on waitlist tho, it’s not applicable.

ok thank you so much, one more question, when you lose the button does it mean that your probably going to be offered PSA or a rejection because I’ve heard some people say PSA but others say rejection?

Typically you don’t get rejected unless your app is incomplete or you just had no business applying in general or a possibility you have too many hours and psa major and credit hours wouldn’t work.

My button went away today, hope I still get team or full admit. Will keep everyone posted.

3 Likes

Yes!! I do hope that for you! Are you on waitlist?

No complete and in review since October 30.

My daughter decided today that she is moving on and withdrew her application. A&M was her top choice school in Texas (she decided against UT and never applied to Tech), but has had no movement on her app since late October when she applied. She still has her 1st choice, the “change major button”, and “in review” showing. She said she feels like a forgotten sloppy seconds recipient and it has tainted her thoughts of wanting to attend. Even if it was a rejection, she would rather have found that out then being left hanging for this long. She has a string of acceptances with merit scholarships from 8 schools, and until she hears from UDub on Friday, her top choice is now University of Toronto. While I hate the thought of paying International or out of state tuition, what I hate more is no clear cut communication regarding where she is in the process. Oh well, she is excited about all her other opportunities, so that is really all that matters. Good luck to all those who are Aggieland bound!

14 Likes

Checked early today around 11am and change major button was there, now it’s gone.

when y’all talk about the change major button, are you talking about the button that says “Request a change of major”?

2 Likes

Log into howdy then ais tab, it is at the bottom under your majors that you requested. If it’s not under your majors then you will just see the cancel/withdraw application tab and the change major button is gone.

Good morning! Does anyone know what time the “big update” usually happens? Woke up early to log in, no changes - still 3 tabs and “change major” button is there, still in waitlist status. Good luck to everyone today…

1 Like

@krismox - Hi! First of all, I don’t think you did anything wrong to let your child do her own applications. My parents did the same with me. I showed them my essay after if was complete, but they believed that if I was to succeed at a school, it should be on me to earn my way. As for out of state admissions, I am an out of state student who also had to go through the holistic review process. I set up a zoom meeting with my regional admissions officer. He spent about 45 minutes with me having a candid conversation about TAMU and answering my many questions. Just under a week later, I received my Gateway admission. I don’t know if the face to face time was what pushed me over the edge or if my application was already good to go, but it might be worth a try for her. Never hurts! Good luck!

1 Like

Same here! Still on waitlist and waiting for blinn team.

Hi all, currently am missing the change major button in my ais. (mays applicant) top quarter 3.5 UW gpa 11 APs 1250 SAT NHS varsity sports volunteer hours business owner etc. And what I thought was strange is that there is a friend I know, 3.0 UW or so (maybe lower) top half (and I mean top top like 45-50%) not in NHS and not accomplished much academically and no job. BUT he has the change major button still there, he has an engineering type major selected (industrial distribution). Not sure what this means but I know for a fact he doesn’t deserve admittance to team or something more than me. I think this is very strange. No movement in ais for me today.

Change major button gone in both AIS and Howdy this morning.

I know what this means. Many have already expressed frustration at the system and knowing that others have been admitted with “lesser” stats. I know several from my daughter’s high school. Doesn’t make any of this easier. PSA is just not the route my daughter is interested in, she’s just not that in to TAMU and being a UT Alum I didn’t push it, but the way these two schools are structured and the sheer number of students applying…it’s just an organized train wreck. It shouldn’t have taken over SIX MONTHS to get a decision. Even the Ivie’s and other state flagship schools have their act together better than this. I can only imagine how hard it is to register for classes. She’ll be moving on to Tech or LSU…great choices as well and I’m sure these schools also have the numbers issue. Good luck everyone. I enjoyed reading all the posts over the months.

5 Likes

I doubt waitlist will hear today. Sounds like PSA only.

For those that get PSA and still want to pursue Tamu, do your research. So many ways to get to Tamu and it doesn’t have to be psa. While it’s a good pathway, it can be limiting for certain majors.

Every students situation is different. What makes sense for one May not be for another. Find your way and feel free to message me with any questions. Happy to help.

1 Like

For those of you who have lost the “change major” button, did you also get 6 tabs today?

Nope.

1 Like

I’m so sorry and I hear your frustration. I wish there was something I could do or say to make this easier for some of you all.

At the end of the day, it’s up to us as parents to give our kids the best advice as we can. Your kids are going to be successful one way or another.

I wish I could give you guys a big ole hug.

3 Likes

Change major gone in AIS
Still shows Mays/Econ as 1/2
3 Tabs in Howdy

If this means PSA is coming then so be it…it’s TAMU’s loss, not my son’s.

And to think, I get start this all over in Fall ‘22 with my twins! :smirk:

1 Like