TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Her 2nd major is forensics. But she might switch the two.

1 Like

So what does it mean if you are still on waitlist and being considered for team and major change tab is still there? I am thinking it is time to move on.

Not entirely sure, but I think it’s better than nothing (PSA). I think you have a pretty good shot at getting in if they gave you that option. What else are you considering?

Waitlist won’t hear back til April probably for full admit.

@Simba25 appeals can only be made if there was something in your app that was missed. You can’t appeal just to appeal.

1 Like

So, do u think Tech is the front runner? My daughter also got PSA. Unfortunately when I begged her a month ago to put down the housing deposit at Tech she wasn’t ready to discuss. Going to give her the night off and then talk about it tomorrow. We also mentioned PTA to her, but right now she doesn’t want to hear it.

Daughter has decided to take the Galveston admit! She’s gonna be an Aggie!!!

10 Likes

Congrats! Which Major?

I think so. Our visit went really well, he already has some friends there and 3 of his close friends who are graduating with him have already committed and he could
room with any of them. The built in support network is a plus but even more, he really connected with the student advisor we met with in the Business School. The programs are appealing to him…and he can continue with Marching Band!

We’re giving him tonight to brood a little
and then tomorrow we’ll start talking.

5 Likes

This time next year you will be back on this forum telling parents your sons story and how great it all turned out. :heart:

11 Likes

Sounds like the same conversation over here. Although we are also discussing PTA. I think she is just ready to turn the page.

2 Likes

Really look at pta vs straight transfer. Depending on major, straight transfer may be easier and faster.

I have many friends kids that are doing PTA. They are liking it. They are just freshman so not a lot of info I can give but if they can keep the gpa and grade requirement they can get in next year. It is only for certain majors.

Anyone lucky enough to get full-ride or full-tuition scholarships?

If you have read this thread, it’s really hard to get scholarships as a freshman. You should apply for outside scholarships if you haven’t already.

3 Likes

Wow, thank you for the information.

I am so very sorry for you and others. We’ve been through this thread together and it makes me so sad that you and others won’t have your kids at TAMU this fall.

Your kids are going to do great things.

1 Like

She is doing Oceans and One Health

Thank you

@FeiXing You can see exactly what’s offered at A&M. Unless you’re National Merit Scholar, Brown, Terry, Regents, Foundation or Century scholar, that’s the most anyone gets. It’s quite a process to be eligible for one of those, many steps and interviews take place. Opportunity and departmental scholarships are given out sophomore, junior & senior year, but they still aren’t huge.
A&M just doesn’t give full rides…they don’t have to.

https://scholarships.tamu.edu/FRESHMEN/University-Scholarships#2-Regents’ScholarsProgram.

1 Like

We got the PSA offer today. After quite a bit of research we are going the PTA route. He wants to be in Cstat and is willing to go to Blinn if it means eventual A&M. Family friends had their son go this route and he said he doesn’t feel separate from his A&M friends day to day. My niece was auto admit into A&M so she and son will live together and share as much of the experience as they can.

2 Likes