TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

For those who were offered PSA, that was my child two years ago. She chose to go to CStat and transfer in. There are still orgs they can join (mostly Christian ones), the apartment complexes have social functions and they will have friends that can get them into football games. She transferred in after one year and hasn’t looked back. My son is still waiting on waitlist/team, but I signed his apartment lease as he said he will go straight Blinn if need be. The first year goes by so fast anyway! As they say “It doesn’t matter where you start, just where you end.” Good luck to all the kiddos!

2 Likes

He is just going to apply to Blinn separately?

1 Like

Baylor

Yes. He applied to Blinn back when he applied to A&M. Very quick and painless application process and quick response. We have all the paperwork for his degree and were just waiting to make the appt with A&M admissions to sign the PTA until we got the official response in AIS. I am kinda relieved this is over now and we can move forward. I agree with txmomuv2 doesn’t matter where you start, just where you end!

Hi guys I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about A&M McAllen? Do ya’ll know if the program is already full or if A&M is still giving McAllen out, haven’t heard much about it. Also, do ya’ll know the specifics of the program like how long it would take to transfer to the main campus and the minimum GPA, etc…

Tech is a great school and wonderful people!! My parents met there 63 years ago and were married for 50 years so I’m fond of it and wish your son tons of success there!!

3 Likes

D got the PSA offer today. She took a moment to be sad but not for long. After considering all options, we are going for the PTA route instead of PSA. She has her eyes set on being an Aggie, no matter what it takes to get there. Wishing you all the best

4 Likes

This gave me hope considering I got offered PSA today after all this waiting, and i’ve been a ball of tears for the past hour just fill with frustration. Just wish I would’ve known sooner so I could have considered other options, but after talking to a lot of my A&M friends, going to Blinn and transferring in seems like the best option. Thank you!

4 Likes

Sorry what is the PTA route?

@Simba25 https://admissions.tamu.edu/PTA

Thank you.

1 Like

You can fill out a PTA form for one major. You have to wait until after high school graduation to sign it. You are not held to it and can still try to straight transfer if you decide on a different major. Transfer students are admitted by the department itself so I suggest meeting with the departmental advisor to ensure you are taking the correct classes. It also shows interest and puts a face with a name.

Anyone know of a group for PTA students to share info and experiences. I searched but only find a few posts here and there mentioning it.

1 Like

Great response @Ag23Dad, we went through this all too. My daughter ultimately went the PSA route, got to A&M after a very quick year at Corpus (making Dean’s list both semesters) and is doing great in College Station. She is on track to complete her degree in 3.5 years, and has already started working on her path to Grad School.

A&M really does try to give everyone that wants to be there a path, but there are just so many that want to be there right now. If only there were a way for A&M to see how many schools a student applied to and could use that something like that in the ranking. :slight_smile:

Good luck, and there is a way if the student truly has the will.

2 Likes

@redjellybean03 If you are referring to FIVS - Pre-Law emphasis, they definitely do not participate in the PTA or PSA program. That was my daughter’s desire. At the time, the Entomolgy program (FIVS is in the department of Entomology) did participate, and the advisor specifically told her to go Ento and request change major ( I was there I heard him say, it’s the best way), but that was a falsehood.

If your student really wants FIVS and TAMU, I recommend going just a straight transfer route. At our NSC, there were 5 students that were straight transfer out of 7 total FIVS students.

My daughter has taken classes that are required by both ENTO and FIVS, and her favorite professor is mainly a FIVS professor. My daughters building suffered sever damage and we found out this week she has to move (after couch surfing for 2 weeks, and being let back in last week). When she told her professors, one of her FIVS professors offered her a spare bedroom if she needed it.

She really loves the small size of the department and had gotten to really know her professors in a way that I never was able to make a relationship.

1 Like

Yes I def meant FIVS, sorry about the confusion lol. Thanks for your insight! We are in corpus, but still in AIS pergatory…no change, still in review, still have change major button. My kid didn’t want law side, she wants science side, entomology would be great. If it did come down to PSA you believe corpus does participate for her major? I keep hearing great things coming out of corpus! I don’t think she’d mind 1 year at all there to get to tamu. They have the 4 year forensic program, I wasn’t sure how that worked if you don’t start at CS

Anyone have any updates this morning? We are still waiting - waitlist and TEAM consideration. No changes yet in AIS or Howdy.

1 Like

Check out this site —>https://admissions.tamu.edu/psa

They list out the majors that participate.

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate it!

1 Like

My son got PSA for A&M
He has admits to Baylor, Alabama, and TTU

Is Baylor really worth the higher tuition?
It is a nice campus but not sure if 1 year at Baylor is worth 4 years at Alabama or Tech

3 Likes